• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

These Are The People In Your Neighborhood [W:159]

Yep. But the blizzard of pro-gun freaking out seemed to miss this obvious point.

what exactly was your point? in areas where only the criminals have guns, crime is hardly low

That is because it's the people- not the guns.
Boom. In a round about way the point about the constant being a bad person monopolizing force is proven.

Funny- near me, the West Side of Chicago is clearly the best armed- most residences have guns.

The crime and murder rate is high.

In my neighborhood, however, five miles away, I know no one who owns a gun, except for some guys with hunting rifles locked away, and virtually no crime.

Seems to me here that less guns=less crime.

I believe those guns are illegal. The OP is about lawful citizens.

Funny- near me, the West Side of Chicago is clearly the best armed- most residences have guns.

In my neighborhood, however, five miles away, I know no one who owns a gun, except for some guys with hunting rifles locked away, and virtually no crime.

Oh this is a bald faced lie... Oak Park, Lagrange? Lagrange Park? River Forest? Brookfield? Hillside? Maywood, Berywn? Cicero? Lyons? I can almost guarantee that per capita these places have more LEGAL gun owners than the West side.

If your not from Chicago, why say you are?

2X you've posed...

Last edited:

Have you actually gone around to everyone in your neighborhood and asked if they own a gun?

Most responsible gun owners don't advertise the fact. For most, it's not a bragging point, its rather a matter of fact thing.

There are a few who make a to do about it, but they are less in number than you might think.

That's criminals with guns, which you gun grabbers seem to be fine with, so of course crime is worse.

Why is your thinking so bass ackwards? Oh that's right you're from Chicago where they're too scared to prosecute violent criminals.

These Are The People In Your Neighborhood

That's criminals with guns, which you gun grabbers seem to be fine with, so of course crime is worse.

Why is your thinking so bass ackwards? Oh that's right you're from Chicago where they're too scared to prosecute violent criminals.

Yeah. Too scared.

(Citation needed)

How would making those guns legal miraculously stop the shootings?

Yeah. Too scared.

(Citation needed)

Of course you're apathetic to the crime in your city, no wonder its a **** hole given the mindset of its citizens.

How would making those guns legal miraculously stop the shootings?

They're criminals, you cannot make them legal.

But if you had more law abiding citizens armed and a city that prosecuted them you might get rid of some of them or at least create disincentive for them to commit crimes.

Of course you're apathetic to the crime in your city, no wonder its a **** hole given the mindset of its citizens.

They're criminals, you cannot make them legal.

But if you had more law abiding citizens armed and a city that prosecuted them you might get rid of some of them or at least create disincentive for them to commit crimes.

Thanks for the nasty barrage of insults - it really helps make your case clearer.

So what you are saying is that we have a criminal problem, not a gun problem. And somehow, making more powerful guns even more easily accessible to everyone will make things all better, because the criminals will be too scared to come on the streets because they might get shot.

I wonder why the criminals don't feel like that now? 50 got shot last weekend, not including the 9 killed.

Neighbors organize

If only we all had neighbors like this....

More Guns, Less Crime

I'm all for people having the right to purchase and possess guns. I'm adamantly opposed to vigilantism. One day, in the not too distant future, one of these neighbors is going to mistakenly kill one of his/her neighbors because they were high on meting out justice the "glock block" way. They have the right to advertise this way, but it's like telling the police you plan to rob a bank - when you get caught, you'll have no defense.

Because you have laws that most "Law abiding citizens" will not break. Chicago crime is at an all time high because citizens can't protect themselves. I was in Englewood last week and saw a couple of gangs busting heads, that city deserves what is happening to them.

I'm all for people having the right to purchase and possess guns. I'm adamantly opposed to vigilantism. One day, in the not too distant future, one of these neighbors is going to mistakenly kill one of his/her neighbors because they were high on meting out justice the "glock block" way. They have the right to advertise this way, but it's like telling the police you plan to rob a bank - when you get caught, you'll have no defense.

I disagree. I don't see this as vigilantism or potential vigilantism They're not rounding up the posse. They're informing the public -- much like those neighborhood watch signs you see and kind of chuckle at -- that they are armed and prepared to defend themselves, their families, and their property. This is a wonderful deterrent and much more effective than "You better watch out, we got 911 on speed dial."

Also, why may I ask are you intentionally or unintentionally promoting the myth that responsible gun-owners will some how, some way, for some inexplicable reason, lose their minds and form lynching parties or get all "Wyatt Earp" and have a showdown at the O.K. Corral in their backyard on some unwitting neighbor whose only offense was that he stopped by to borrow a cup of sugar?

It's like by you saying this you're inadvertently helping those imbeciles who think the only reason gun owners are gun owners is because they suffer from a variety of pseudo-penis envy...

Yep. But the blizzard of pro-gun freaking out seemed to miss this obvious point.

The obvious point is that you hate guns and are willing to ignore statistics and tell lies in order to promote your ignorant beliefs.

The obvious point is that you hate guns and are willing to ignore statistics and tell lies in order to promote your ignorant beliefs.

Nice projection.

I don't hate guns. And I'm a kinda big fan of stats.

Nice projection.

I don't hate guns. And I'm a kinda big fan of stats.

If you looked at the stats you would see that cities like Chicago have much more gun violence than cities like Houston. We Texans like to defend ourselves and call 911 in order to reach the Coroner.

I wonder how it all went so wrong?
Where I live hardly a household hasn't got at least two rifles- one for hunting and a .22 for varmints. I've never in my life fired a handgun and probably never will. If I lived in some of those places, though, I'd definitely carry, being that way disposed, but I really like that I don't have to. I live about a 6 hour drive from the American border and when I used to go there I always got along with the people, found them hospitable and easy, but somehow so many of them need to be armed for the safety of themselves and their families nowadays. How did it get that way? I don't think Ward Cleaver had a shoulder rig under that suit, or Lucille Ball a .32 in that nightstand.

If you looked at the stats you would see that cities like Chicago have much more gun violence than cities like Houston. We Texans like to defend ourselves and call 911 in order to reach the Coroner. (puffs up, flounces to the door and spits on the toe of his own boot)

Attaboy, Tex. I bet they clang when you walk.

Back
Top Bottom