• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

#therising. DNC. Powerful. Bruce Springsteen. THAT is America.

I love the Democrats' message of unity and American patriotism. GOP event will be a ****show of racism and the promotion of Armageddon.

It is more like :" f... the ones who don't kneel to my demands"

I understand it’s, basically, lip service.

well if there was ever one thing that the dem voters eat up and never get their fill of... it's lip service.

doesn't matter if the country is sold out form under them, as long as the politicians tell them its going to be ok.

Last edited:
well if there was ever one ting that the dem voters eat up and never get their fill of... it's lip service.

doesn't matter if the country is sold out form under them, as long as the politicians tell them its going to be ok.

did you vote for Trump?

yeah, that one video should piss off a ton of Republicans, Trump foot soldiers, White Supremacists, old men, Southerners and Confederates. not all but a ton.

Yeah, we believe in unity! A ton of y'all, not all, but a ton--Republicans, Trumpers, old men, Southerners--are bigots! And Gob bless America! :lol:

Yeah, we believe in unity! A ton of y'all, not all, but a ton--Republicans, Trumpers, old men, Southerners--are bigots! And Gob bless America! :lol:

all of those people are more than welcome to be united with all Americans.

now, they've proven over the years that they don't want that. it's not a secret of anything.

you need for it to be.

but i don't think many people are gonna miss the irony of your post as a Trump voter.

I just don’t want righties falling for thinking Dems are interested in unity so much as capitulation.

Awesome. I'm switching parties and voting for Biden.

they're not after hardcore republicans. they're after the other republicans, fence sitters, independents and people who don't pay too much attention to politics.

I just don’t want righties falling for thinking Dems are interested in unity so much as capitulation.

actually, you don't want righties to know that Dems are for unity.

but, you can't have unity with people, for example, who believe they are superior due to race. that's like asking women to be unified with women haters.

"Righties" have already fallen for their false prophet. And, we want them to stick with him. It's the rational people we seek.

Kasich and the other three Republicans were powerful.

Only because they said what you liked. Otherwise you accuse all Repubs of all sorts of things.

Only because they said what you liked. Otherwise you accuse all Repubs of all sorts of things.

straw man
/ˌstrô ˈman/
noun
an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

they're not after hardcore republicans. they're after the other republicans, fence sitters, independents and people who don't pay too much attention to politics.

Actually, I've never been a Republican. Never voted for anyone but a Republican for President, but I've voted for Democrats for the Senate, the House, Governor, state legislatures, county and local. Yourself?

actually, you don't want righties to know that Dems are for unity.

but, you can't have unity with people, for example, who believe they are superior due to race. that's like asking women to be unified with women haters.

You also cannot have unity who make rock stupid assumptions like that about people who disagree with them.

Back in high school, I read one of Stephen King's last truly good books, Needful Things. Leland Gaunt comes to a small town in Maine and sets up a shop called....you guessed it...Needful Things...a curioso shop specializing in highly niche items that specific patrons emotionally and desperately need.

The only catch is that Leland gaunt is a demon, or a wraith...perhaps even the devil himself. Who knows. It's never really revealed and it's probably not important. He uses the items he sells his patrons to turn the town folk against each other to the point where all they want is to see each other dead. The hero drives Gaunt from the town and...I suppose...the town's people can start healing, though of course everybody knows that nothing can ever go back to the way it was.

Trump is definitely Leland Gaunt, and my fantasy is that when he's driven from our town, we can wake up, look at each other, and think, holy crap, we came *this close* to completely annihilating each other.

Yes, Needful Things is a simple fiction, but it's a mistake to think it's not a useful parable.

That is a fantasy to think anyone on the left would acknowledge that they engaged in poor behavior. We both know that would never happen. That’s “bothsiderism” and, apparently, that’s bad.

That is a fantasy to think anyone on the left would acknowledge that they engaged in poor behavior. We both know that would never happen. That’s “bothsiderism” and, apparently, that’s bad.

Are you not excited for when Melania plagiarizes Michelle Obama's speech? It was a good one.

You'll like hearing it in the heavily accented East European butchered English.

Watching a little of the convention and I’m wondering why this sudden concern for “unity.” Frankly, Dems only support unity if they feel it would benefit them.

Harris just tanked Joe. Not saying Harris herself is anything, but the selection of a conservative democrat to be the running mate of disinterested democrat was a bad pairing.

Harris just tanked Joe. Not saying Harris herself is anything, but the selection of a conservative democrat to be the running mate of disinterested democrat was a bad pairing.

I have to disagree with her being a conservative Democrat. There’s nothing conservative about her.

I’m not the one making blanket statements about ALL rightists as you have about ALL leftists today. TrumpQins believe that the economic-driving cities should be left to rot. Those are trump’s words.

Trump is on record saying he didn’t want to help states with COVID because they were blue. Kushner held up vital supplies of PPEs and Ventilators from blue states but gave them to states run by Red governors.

Not a word from Trump about the devastating California fires, most of which are in Red CDs. You can’t possibly agree with any of this behavior by Trumpco.

Are you not excited for when Melania plagiarizes Michelle Obama's speech? It was a good one.

You'll like hearing it in the heavily accented East European butchered English.

He’s been broad-brushing all night, but is the first to jump on a poster doing it to his side.

https://twitter.com/guycecil/status/1295532008676954112?s=20

Powerful, powerful opening to the DNC. Just watch it ^ . #DemConvention #DNC2020

Tonights Democrats stood together, along with Republicans that can't support tRump another second, and hit home the need for AMERICAN UNITY.

We ARE The UNITED States. And AmeriCANs are sick and tired of Donald Jenius tRump's divisiveness. If tonight was an foreshadow of this weeks Convention it will have that theme; Unity.

Next week will be more divisivness and hatred.

Making November's election an easy choice.

biden Harris.jpg

How would you tell the difference between people who truly loathed the other side and those who were merely caught up in the heat of the moment?

Back
Top Bottom