• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Theresa May removes Citizenship so people can be droned

alexa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
If Obama has some qualms about droning American citizens, Theresa May has found an easy solution - remove their citizenship. This has been done to at least 17 people. Some came as babies, some were born here, one's father was even born here but if they have dual citizenship and Theresa May believes for whatever reason they may be a 'terrorist risk' then their British Citizenship is removed so that they can find their way into Obama's 'matrix' and their fate will be decided. On the Tuesday kill session it may be decided to drone them, or they may find their way into foreign prisons or the US. All of them are Muslim.

This is a very sobering report from the Guardian

Obama's secret kill list

So now the removal of citizenship is becoming a norm in order to allow previous British citizens to be droned....and it is all secret....and Theresa May is hoping to get the chance to opt out of human rights. One can only wonder what will happen then. The country I was born into and knew is moving out of recognition.

One extra point, when it was pointed out that she allowed Al-Arefe in I thought wtf. He was telling the Egyptians to give up their lives for Allah in the Syria just a few weeks ago. At first I thought well maybe she allowed him in because Britain wants Muslims to go and be rebel fighters due to the Government wanting rid of the Assad regime because no doubt some will...but now I am beginning to have second thoughts. British citizenship is removed only when they leave the country.

Last edited:
If Obama has some qualms about droning American citizens, Theresa May has found an easy solution - remove their citizenship. This has been done to at least 17 people. Some came as babies, some were born here, one's father was even born here but if they have dual citizenship and Theresa May believes for whatever reason they may be a 'terrorist risk' then their British Citizenship is removed so that they can find their way into Obama's 'matrix' and their fate will be decided. On the Tuesday kill session it may be decided to drone them, or they may find their way into foreign prisons or the US. All of them are Muslim.

Obama's secret kill list

So now the removal of citizenship is becoming a norm in order to allow previous British citizens to be droned....and it is all secret....and Theresa May is hoping to get the chance to opt out of human rights. One can only wonder what will happen then. The country I was born into and knew is moving out of recognition.

One extra point, when it was pointed out that she allowed Al-Arefe in I thought wtf. He was telling the Egyptians to give up their lives for Allah in the Syria just a few weeks ago. At first I thought well maybe she allowed him in because Britain wants Muslims to go and be rebel fighters due to the Government wanting rid of the Assad regime because no doubt some will...but now I am beginning to have second thoughts. British citizenship is removed only when they leave the country.

From the article:

"Berjawi had been fighting for months in Somalia with al-Shabaab, the Islamist militant group"[...]

"The following month, Berjawi's former next-door neighbour, who was also in Somalia, was similarly "martyred". Like Berjawi, Mohamed Sakr had just turned 27 when he was killed in an air strike"[...]

"Four months later, the FBI in Manhattan announced that a third man from London, a Vietnamese-born convert to Islam, had been charged with a series of terrorism offences"[...]

"Tariq al-Daour, has recently been released from jail after serving a sentence for inciting terrorism"[...]

Alexa, reading the above sentences what do they all have in common? These are not your 'average Muslim visiting friends and family'. They are Jihadi terrorists, and as such, are the type the UK most definitely can do without. To make it worse (something I covered in another thread) what do think they would've been like if they returned to the UK? Do you think they would have slotted back into a 9 to 5 Job?

As for the extent to which this is happening, and for context:

"What is known is that at least 17 people have been deprived of their British citizenship at a stroke of May's pen"

Paul

Obama's secret kill list

How British women are joining the jihad in Syria - Channel 4 News

I would add these female Jihadist to the list of UK citizens stripped of their citizenship.

Paul

-- Theresa May believes for whatever reason they may be a 'terrorist risk' --

The "for whatever reason" section is problematic because the people concerned are usually in al-shabaab regalia, in Somalia and fighting a jihadist cause.

What alternative do you propose Alexa?
Removal of citizenship is a longstanding right available to many governments and these guys have or are at time of removal, engaged in activities against the country they have gained citizenship of. Would you prefer these people have the rights and protection of the British Government despite all their actions? A 10 year battle through the EUHCR paid for by the British taxpayer?

My sympathies are with the victims of the jihadis I'm afraid - not the jihadis themselves.

Back
Top Bottom