• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"There's A Realignment of the Political Parties Being Attempted!"

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Trump Democrats are real, are abandoning Hillary, and the unions are in a panic.

The Unions think that they can keep white voters in the Democratic fold by offering them goodies from the public trough. I suspect that this will have less appeal than they think. These people have already been on the public dole for years; what they want is jobs and a better life. Moreover, they want the Democrats to stop pandering to black lives matter, Latinos, and what not and pander to them again, or at least pay attention to their concerns. Here perhaps they are not aware of the extent to which Democrats have gotten hostile to white workers. Unions might find themselves with nowhere to go but Trump.

Trump democrats are real because Trump is a democrat.

It seems like you did not read the article because I am not sure that the individuals discussed in this piece are the types of individuals that you should want to associate yourself with.

If the Trump Democrats had heard this stuff years ago, they’d have revolted. But Black Lives Matter protestors forced Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders to affirm support for them publicly, outside of the safe confines of a black church with no cameras rolling. So, the last remnants of the Robert C. Byrd/Ku Klux Klan wing of the Democrats, bolted.

They’re Trump voters now. They are the Trump Democrats.

Trump Democrats are real, are abandoning Hillary, and the unions are in a panic.

The Unions think that they can keep white voters in the Democratic fold by offering them goodies from the public trough. I suspect that this will have less appeal than they think. These people have already been on the public dole for years; what they want is jobs and a better life. Moreover, they want the Democrats to stop pandering to black lives matter, Latinos, and what not and pander to them again, or at least pay attention to their concerns. Here perhaps they are not aware of the extent to which Democrats have gotten hostile to white workers. Unions might find themselves with nowhere to go but Trump.

I'll overlook the KKK references and address the issue as presented.

Unions support for the Dems comes, at least in part, because the right sold out to corporate interests long ago. And corporate interests are oppositional to union worker interests for the most part. Whats happening, and it's really magnified with someone like Trump representing the right, is that union workers are figuring something out. After Bernie's campaign and many of the issues it brought into the spotlight (as well as some of Trumps rhetoric, if to a smaller degree), they're starting to see that the Democrats have also sold out to corporate interests and have just been trying to keep up appearances for as long as possible. So that traditional loyalty is dissolving, and I'm sure many are feeling a sense of betrayal with this realization. Enter Trump with his "Make America Great Again" and his "China cheats" and "Trade deals sent our jobs over seas" and that really starts to resonate when looking at the epitome, the absolute culmination of everything-that-is-the-corporate-democrat known as Shillary. The GOP has a real chance to pull unions in here, it's probably one of the few positives Trump brings them. Of course he has his own history to own up to as a the owner of a rather large corporation himself (and 4 bankruptcies to boot), but as with so many things, the negatives of both candidates cancel each other out to large degree, and the unbalanced remainder is given more weight than it deserves.

Gina Raimondo is our governor here in RI. She's backing a proposed power plant that will end up 1 mile behind my house (very rural area) and tank my property value (it already has, just the proposition, and it's still up in the air). She also blew something like $5 million on a new tourism logo design that was terrible. Every time I see her name I curse corporate democrats everywhere and vow to vote them out as soon as something acceptable runs against them. But sadly, even that low bar was too high for the GOP with regards to the presidency.

It seems like you did not read the article because I am not sure that the individuals discussed in this piece are the types of individuals that you should want to associate yourself with.

Guilt by association arguments don't impress me. The truth is where you find it.

That Democrats have played blacks for years is without question. There's some truth to the idea that they finally had to openly acknowledged their pandering to blacks when #blacklivesmatter came out, but I don't agree that this was the only or even the main cause that whites bolted the Democratic Party. I think it was mainly what they themselves said it was -- jobs and the economy -- and the fact that the party was no longer paying any attention to their concerns with regard to jobs and the economy. The jobs situation is hurting blacks even more than it hurts working class whites.

I'll overlook the KKK references and address the issue as presented.

Unions support for the Dems comes, at least in part, because the right sold out to corporate interests long ago. And corporate interests are oppositional to union worker interests for the most part. Whats happening, and it's really magnified with someone like Trump representing the right, is that union workers are figuring something out. After Bernie's campaign and many of the issues it brought into the spotlight (as well as some of Trumps rhetoric, if to a smaller degree), they're starting to see that the Democrats have also sold out to corporate interests and have just been trying to keep up appearances for as long as possible. So that traditional loyalty is dissolving, and I'm sure many are feeling a sense of betrayal with this realization. Enter Trump with his "Make America Great Again" and his "China cheats" and "Trade deals sent our jobs over seas" and that really starts to resonate when looking at the epitome, the absolute culmination of everything-that-is-the-corporate-democrat known as Shillary. The GOP has a real chance to pull unions in here, it's probably one of the few positives Trump brings them. Of course he has his own history to own up to as a the owner of a rather large corporation himself (and 4 bankruptcies to boot), but as with so many things, the negatives of both candidates cancel each other out to large degree, and the unbalanced remainder is given more weight than it deserves.

Gina Raimondo is our governor here in RI. She's backing a proposed power plant that will end up 1 mile behind my house (very rural area) and tank my property value (it already has, just the proposition, and it's still up in the air). She also blew something like $5 million on a new tourism logo design that was terrible. Every time I see her name I curse corporate democrats everywhere and vow to vote them out as soon as something acceptable runs against them. But sadly, even that low bar was too high for the GOP with regards to the presidency.

no one wants a power plant near their home

and hence...no power plants get built

no one like refineries near where they live....it is why we hadnt built a new one in the usa for 10 years at one point

everyone wants their home values to stay high....and wants the stuff built elsewhere

eventually, those elsewhere's need to be near where someone lives

power plants, refineries, and such are huge boons to job markets locally

but they have to get built to be that....

Guilt by association arguments don't impress me. The truth is where you find it.

Then allow me to say that if the KKK democrats are finally coming out of the woodwork and leaving the Democratic party and you want them, you can have em.

We will just replace them with 80% of the latino vote this cycle.

I think you're right when you state that the emerging major political party will be founded on the not currently represented Working-Whites.

Most Working-Whites don't belong to a Union.

I don't think the Unions will have a damn thing to do with the new political party.

Working-Whites are finally fed-up, have found their sense of Pride, and self-defense, and are banding together politically.

The Democratic Party will shrink to become a minor party for Ethnocentric "People-Of-Color" and Kookie Far-Lefties only.

-

Then allow me to say that if the KKK democrats are finally coming out of the woodwork and leaving the Democratic party and you want them, you can have em.

Hmmmm....

Well, We Working-Whites will be happy to leave the Democratic Party which now hates U.S.

But you're wrong when you call U.S. KKK.

Many if not most of U.S. are of Mixed Race Marriages.

We all just want Dr. King's Dream.

Unlike the Ethnocentric "People of Color" Democrats, we do not believe in or support Official Government Differential Treatment based on Race.

We are also, with our Hispanic / Asian / Native America / Black Spouses, around 60% of the American Population.

You will find that the Militant, Anti-White, Latino population, as opposed to the Assimilated, White-Intermarried, Latino Population, is Loud, but really quite small.

No group in American History so richly deserves to lose political power as the Obama-Democrats.

-

I think you're right when you state that the emerging major political party will be founded on the not currently represented Working-Whites.

Most Working-Whites don't belong to a Union.

I don't think the Unions will have a damn thing to do with the new political party.

Working-Whites are finally fed-up, have found their sense of Pride, and self-defense, and are banding together politically.

The Democratic Party will shrink to become a minor party for Ethnocentric "People-Of-Color" and Kookie Far-Lefties only.

-
I agree with much of what you say here, but those so-called minorities and lefties together are likely making a majority - if not now, soon.

So I don't see the Dem party going away at all, and if anything it's the GOP that are in danger if they don't moderate or expand their base.

I do think Mr. Trump is expanding the GOP though, if he doesn't cause the establishment types to bolt even though they seemingly have no where to go.

no one wants a power plant near their home

and hence...no power plants get built

no one like refineries near where they live....it is why we hadnt built a new one in the usa for 10 years at one point

everyone wants their home values to stay high....and wants the stuff built elsewhere

eventually, those elsewhere's need to be near where someone lives

power plants, refineries, and such are huge boons to job markets locally

but they have to get built to be that....

There are industrial zones in the state, this is mostly woods with neighborhoods here and there, and another suburban/subruralish area close by. Nice place, fair amount of pricey homes. There will 25 long term jobs (I believe 12 of which require high levels of education), and 300 for construction, for varying lengths of time, over 3 years. If they force this in, I should at least be compensated for the predictable loss in property value. Why do I have to go upside down in my mortgage because a really big energy company wants to build a power plant in my back yard? I get that we need the juice, and the plants have to go somewhere. But there are less populated/more industrialized options, and the jobs will go there with it. And if it has to go here, then they should compensate the locals fairly. Gina is sporting a fat 6% approval rating, and Sheldon Whitehouse will likely lose his seat for supporting it. I will probably vote for a jar of Republican Mayonnaise over either of them, and I really really hate mayonnaise.

I agree with much of what you say here, but those so-called minorities and lefties together are likely making a majority - if not now, soon.

So I don't see the Dem party going away at all, and if anything it's the GOP that are in danger if they don't moderate or expand their base.

I do think Mr. Trump is expanding the GOP though, if he doesn't cause the establishment types to bolt even though they seemingly have no where to go.

The official U.S. Census demographics support exactly what I am saying.

American FactFinder - Results

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interracial_marriage_in_the_United_States

Interracial marriages in the U.S. hit all-time high - NY Daily News

I do NOT think the GOP will become that political party.

I KNOW that the Democrats, with their long support for Affirmative Action, cannot become that party.

I think the new party will draw off centrists from both the Dems and the Republicans.

But MOSTLY, from the Dems, because they had been the party for Working People, of ALL Races, for decades.

--------------------------------------

Look at what is said by this Leftie, Anti-White Bigot, right here on this thread:

The Working Whites will be forcibly Tossed from the Democratic Party, by the Anti-White, Intolerant, Obama Ethnocentric Crowd.

The Republicans (now almost entirely Leftie policy rubber stamping Establishment supporting RINO Shills) will continue to be the party for the wealthy elites.

Trump may be running under the banner of the GOP, but his followers won't stay there. I doubt Trump survives his first four years in office. His personal impact will be short.

Trump is just a symptom of the greater shift in American Politics. The movement toward a Race-Neutral, Working Person Party is far larger than Trump.

The Democrats COULD have been that party. They instead chose to embrace Racial Preference Pandering which excludes Working-Whites.

So, they will lose the Working-Whites.

And a new Political Party will be born.

-

Last edited:
"There's A Realignment of the Political Parties Being Attempted!"

Good, we need real change, not just hot air being spewed by establishment sell-outs.

The official U.S. Census demographics support exactly what I am saying.

American FactFinder - Results

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interracial_marriage_in_the_United_States

Interracial marriages in the U.S. hit all-time high - NY Daily News

I do NOT think the GOP will become that political party.

I KNOW that the Democrats, with their long support for Affirmative Action, cannot become that party.

I think the new party will draw off centrists from both the Dems and the Republicans.

But MOSTLY, from the Dems, because they had been the party for Working People, of ALL Races, for decades.

Look at what is said by this Leftie, Anti-White Bigot, right here on this thread:

The Working Whites will be forcibly Tossed from the Democratic Party, by the Anti-White, Intolerant, Obama Ethnocentric Crowd.

The Republicans (now almost entirely Leftie policy rubber stamping Establishment supporting RINO Shills) will continue to be the party for the wealthy elites.

Trump may be running under the banner of the GOP, but his followers won't stay there. I doubt Trump survives his first four years in office. His personal impact will be short.

Trump is just a symptom of the greater shift in American Politics. The movement toward a Race-Neutral, Working Person Party is far larger than Trump.

-
What are you talking about?

There's only two parties being discussed in this thread.

Political leaders, including Gov. Brown in California are beginning to say out loud that we can't do without illegal and immigrant labor. Brown sites their wages propping up the states rickety finances, but he also admits, "they work". Others are flat out admitting that welfare is too good a living for many, especially those willing to work side jobs for cash, and it's going to be impossible to drag these people into a job. How do they get there? Will they relocate and leave family behind like Mexicans do?

If there is anything that is common to humans is the ability to adapt. If you gotta shoot and eat pigeons, then you will. If it's cornflakes and hot dogs three meals a day, but you got your beer and your dope, life is livable. People learn to live on less and less even until the get sick and die.

If Trump expands the economy, at what point do we hit the wall and start conscripting labor out of the ghettos?

Political leaders, including Gov. Brown in California are beginning to say out loud that we can't do without illegal and immigrant labor. Brown sites their wages propping up the states rickety finances, but he also admits, "they work". Others are flat out admitting that welfare is too good a living for many, especially those willing to work side jobs for cash, and it's going to be impossible to drag these people into a job. How do they get there? Will they relocate and leave family behind like Mexicans do?

If there is anything that is common to humans is the ability to adapt. If you gotta shoot and eat pigeons, then you will. If it's cornflakes and hot dogs three meals a day, but you got your beer and your dope, life is livable. People learn to live on less and less even until the get sick and die.

If Trump expands the economy, at what point do we hit the wall and start conscripting labor out of the ghettos?

There are 10s of Millions of White-Americans willing and able to work, and no need at all to import Mexicans.

There are Millions of Illegals who are squatting on Welfare.

Those 10s of Millions of Working-White-Americans are PISSED-OFF at both Establishment parties for supporting the Illegal Immigrants. They are politically banding together to toss out the political Establishment of BOTH Parties.

Or hadn't you been watching the Trump Phenomenon?

-

Last edited:
There are industrial zones in the state, this is mostly woods with neighborhoods here and there, and another suburban/subruralish area close by. Nice place, fair amount of pricey homes. There will 25 long term jobs (I believe 12 of which require high levels of education), and 300 for construction, for varying lengths of time, over 3 years. If they force this in, I should at least be compensated for the predictable loss in property value. Why do I have to go upside down in my mortgage because a really big energy company wants to build a power plant in my back yard? I get that we need the juice, and the plants have to go somewhere. But there are less populated/more industrialized options, and the jobs will go there with it. And if it has to go here, then they should compensate the locals fairly. Gina is sporting a fat 6% approval rating, and Sheldon Whitehouse will likely lose his seat for supporting it. I will probably vote for a jar of Republican Mayonnaise over either of them, and I really really hate mayonnaise.

I understand

Someone always seems to lose no matter where they are built

Maybe there should be some type of law that would compensate people when plants are built close to them

Something similar to eminent domain....I dunno

I just know we need the power, we need the refineries, we need those types of things built

I understand

Maybe there should be some type of law that would compensate people when plants are built close to them

I just know we need the power, we need the refineries, we need those types of things built

Compensation... like Jobs!?

Like all of the non-Facility jobs that come from the Facility Workers spending locally?

My, my, my... how spoiled we've become...

We've still got allot to learn from the Koreans.

-

I understand

Yeah they've given us a presentation showing the need, where the grid is at supply wise and how many plants are retiring soon. But as a middle class family, our house is probably the biggest investment we will ever make. People like me shouldn't have to take a 30-80k hit in the wallet to make it work. Enough about me though lol.

Compensation... like Jobs!?

Like all of the non-Facility jobs that come from the Facility Workers spending locally?

My, my, my... how spoiled we've become...

We've still got allot to learn from the Koreans.

-

I don't think 25 jobs is going to balance out losing 30-80k in value on my property. I have a job, but I could still lose more in value than I make in a year, before taxes.

I don't think 25 jobs is going to balance out losing 30-80k in value on my property. I have a job, but I could still lose more in value than I make in a year, before taxes.

Which would be worse?

A] A corporation build a wall board factory employing 200 people and insuring that the majority of your neighbors have jobs.

B] A Leftie government builds a 600 unit, section 8, welfare housing project? Lots of people in the area without jobs, morals, limits, or respect for your property ownership. .... And the increased taxes to pay for it all...

Which would devalue your property, and which would increase your property value.

Maybe you should think it through...

-

Which would be worse?

A] A corporation build a wall board factory employing 200 people and insuring that the majority of your neighbors have jobs.

B] A Leftie government builds a 600 unit, section 8, welfare housing project? Lots of people in the area without jobs, morals, limits, or respect for your property ownership. .... And the increased taxes to pay for it all...

Which would devalue your property, and which would increase your property value.

Maybe you should think it through...

-

Both would devalue residential property, people prefer not to live in industrial areas, for a variety of reasons, and yeah, projects. But projects tend to go in low income areas anyway, where property values have already suffered for being "that kind of area", and factories tend to go in industrial parks, where property values have already shifted due to the presence of industry.

Both would devalue residential property, people prefer not to live in industrial areas, for a variety of reasons, and yeah, projects. But projects tend to go in low income areas anyway, where property values have already suffered for being "that kind of area", and factories tend to go in industrial parks, where property values have already shifted due to the presence of industry.

So they build an industrial park... sell the property to become a factory and make 10X the value of the house! You whine too much!

Have you ever witnessed what happens to a prosperous neighborhood when the Government builds a huge section 8 housing unit nearby?

You'll be lucky to not end up dead for the few dollars in your wallet, or a casual glance at a street drug dealer!

I know, I lived for 10 years in the part of Albuquerque known as the war zone.

-

I don't think you'll find the Latino vote as amable as you might imagine. Live by identity politics, die by identity politics.

Back
Top Bottom