• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

There's a lake at the top of the world.

Dittohead not!

master political analyst
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The time-lapse video below comes from a webcam set up by the North Pole Environmental Observatory that has monitored the state of Arctic sea ice since the spring of 2000. Surprisingly, the pole has been melting since at least 2002, according to photos on the project's website.
July is usually the warmest month in the area, but temperatures were 1 to 3 degrees Celsius above average this year. The shallow lake you see at the pole is made of meltwater sitting on top of a layer of ice, according to the observatory.

Check out the pic. It won't copy to here, but it is pretty cool.

link is here.

Oh, and here's the result:

santa.jpg

Also, you might note that this buoy is not technically at the North Pole. Its drifted five degrees south.

The original concept remains, though...

Check out the pic. It won't copy to here, but it is pretty cool.

link is here.

Oh, and here's the result:

View attachment 67151403
Hey! I didn't sign a release for my picture!

I do that the first snow of the year, though I leave the jacket inside, too. Jeans only - well, sweatpants now that I'm semi-retired - and rub the snow all over my chest and arms. It's good to get that cold-weather feeling out at one shot instead of it chasing you for weeks on end. Kind of like diving into cool water instead of walking in.
I never could get past the top of my legs by walking - that next step! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom