• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

There might be a few exploding heads on Thursday for mayor Sadiq Khan

That is so obvious it hurts. Of course, long term the influence of a Muslim Lord Mayor might be quite positive. Short term it is potent ammunition for xenophobic parties throughout Europe.

Why would they object to a muslim who integrated? I mean since he convinced all those people to vote for him he must have done it well. That scores as a win. The so called "xenophobes" 99% of the time object to problems, not successes.

The answer was honest. Presume less. think more. It will do wonders.

Blah blah, already responded to by other posters with more honesty blah.

Goodbye.

Blah blah, already responded to by other posters with more honesty blah.

Goodbye.

Look at what you wrote? Gonna lecture someone on honesty? Honestly?

Come now...

:lamo

:2wave:

Carl Bildt said:
A Muslim elected as new mayor of London. Will be banned from visiting the US under a Trump presidency. Link.

Sense of humour from the Swedish PM.

Before anyone says it, I'm embarrassed as a conservative that Lynton Crosby has been knighted, I'm as perplexed as Zac Goldsmith's own sister at the nature of the Conservative campaign which resembled something Nick Griffin would have been proud of and I hope Cameron learns that "Project Fear" is not the way to go.

Several senior conservatives have also stated concern about the way the campaign was run, reasoned heads need to be listened to.

What is it about Khan's election you feel will double the number of UKIP members?

I might give those senior Conservatives a little more credit if they had made their conscientious objections known before the policy of racist fearmongering failed.

Yes it was a simple question. I can't dumb down the answer any more. You'll simply have to figure it out on your own or phone a friend.

The dumb response was dumb, it wasn't an answer.

Boy certain webpages and people are being exposed for their racism.. Drudge Report main page at the moment is utterly racist.. disgusting how some on the right is reacting to this election..

The dumb response was dumb, it wasn't an answer.

Sure it was. I know you're giddy as a school girl right now, all hopped up from an all night hookah celebration no doubt..

and I understand that you'd gladly lend your hand to watch the Queen don a burqa, but you know, there are some who'd really not like to see that happen...

I know, I know, your crescent shaped pupils have dilated wide in disbelief... but yeah, it's true. Some people have the audacity to think England is for Englishmen.

When things turn south and the go-to response from the Khan is that dissenters are just racist and everything is alright, and more and more a burden is heaped on her and more and more Muslims are allowed in...

UKIP's ranks will bulge.

What's dumb is to think it will go any other way...

Boy certain webpages and people are being exposed for their racism.. Drudge Report main page at the moment is utterly racist.. disgusting how some on the right is reacting to this election..

What race is Muslim?

Sure it was. I know you're giddy as a school girl right now, all hopped up from an all night hookah celebration no doubt..

and I understand that you'd gladly lend your hand to watch the Queen don a burqa, but you know, there are some who'd really not like to see that happen...

I know, I know, your crescent shaped pupils have dilated wide in disbelief... but yeah, it's true. Some people have the audacity to think England is for Englishmen.

When things turn south and the go-to response from the Khan is that dissenters are just racist and everything is alright, and more and more a burden is heaped on her and more and more Muslims are allowed in...

UKIP's ranks will bulge.

What's dumb is to think it will go any other way...

A long convoluted evasion, with a side of dumb snarky personal attack, but still no answer. Did your head explode?

A long convoluted evasion, with a side of dumb snarky personal attack, but still no answer. Did your head explode?

No personal attack, quit with the victim **** all the time, damn.. Esto vir! Be a Man!

The answer is there, you might not like it, but it's there. Always was.

Why would my head explode?

If exploding headers aren't racist about Muslims, do they immediately think of a bearded white anglo-saxon when the religion is mentioned? Or do they have a mental picture of the filthy bearded violent brown arab raghead instead?

If exploding headers aren't racist about Muslims, do they immediately think of a bearded white anglo-saxon when the religion is mentioned? Or do they have a mental picture of the filthy bearded violent brown arab raghead instead?

Why do you call Muslims a race? Lack of anything else to say?

Why do you call Muslims a race? Lack of anything else to say?

Since there is no such thing as race, prejudice and bigotry driven by skin colour, ethnicity, language, religion or simple 'otherness' can be described as racism. Insisting that the term can only be applied according to some spurious pseudo-scientific stricture is pure semantics.

Since there is no such thing as race, prejudice and bigotry driven by skin colour, ethnicity, language, religion or simple 'otherness' can be described as racism. Insisting that the term can only be applied according to some spurious pseudo-scientific stricture is pure semantics.

So is the bull**** about Islam being peaceful. What can you do?

Stop with the bull**** about whether a belief system can be 'peaceful' or 'belligerent'. Religions aren't peaceful or violent, people are.

I would agree. On the other hand, the structure of the situation in which they are and the ideology of the players are determinants in the frequency of the use of violence.

Stop with the bull**** about whether a belief system can be 'peaceful' or 'belligerent'. Religions aren't peaceful or violent, people are.

People are motivated by certain things. Religion is one them.

It seems it's just you who has mental pictures of "a filthy bearded violent brown arab raghead".

A religion is based on beliefs and if the source of those beliefs encourage violence then there is every chance it's practitioners will carry out violence. We see that today in much of Islam.

Actually, the first person that comes to mind in my mind when the topic of Islam is brought up is this guy:

yE_GKt-0.jpg

Shaykh Hamza Yusuf

One of Islam's top scholars. A man I admire and credit with having learned much from. I've listened literally to 100's of hours of his lectures, own all that are available for sale and all his books. These make up a fraction of the corpus of literature I have on Islam.

But its like, just cuz I don't want to hear the azan 5 times a day or want some ignorant, wannabe jihadi's preach their ill informed version of Islam I just have to be a racist.

Because I see how groups like Ikhwan (MB) and the Ba'ath Party infuse Islamic concepts into Marxist ideology and take issue with that -- I just got to be a racist....

I ain't saying those types ain't out there, there are plenty of ignorant people out there that just make blanket assumptions out of fear and ignorance, or there are people who use or accuse people of having fear and ignorance. They use these terms simply as tools in a pathetic attempt to squash dissent, but I ain't to be counted among neither of them..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom