• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

There is no real progressive wing in the Democratic party.

As curious a comment as that is... I have never associated the Jewish people with money and control as you apparently have.

No, prominent leftists associate Jews with capitalism. Here's your hero [emphasis in original]:

What is the secular basis of Judaism? Practical need, self-interest. What is the worldly religion of the Jew? Huckstering. What is his worldly God? Money.

[...]

An organization of society which would abolish the preconditions for huckstering, and therefore the possibility of huckstering, would make the Jew impossible.

Note that Hitler would and did (Hitler read Marx) agree with this. This is your ideology, and it is disgusting.

They've generally been allies of the progressive movement, along other minority communities.

I do know that the right-wing's hatred of Hollywood, and many of the conspiracies surrounding immigration, are predicated on Jews wanting to replace the white Christian population. When right-wingers were marching and chanting, "Jews will not replace us!", it was in reference to this replacement theory. Not that the Jews will replace white Christians, but that Jews will import immigrants to replace white Christians.

You mean Republicans, not right wingers. The far right is loaded with highly intelligent Jews who pushed for free markets and individualism. People like Milton Friedman, Ayn Rand, Murray Rothbard, von Mises, Richard Epstein, David Friedman, and on and on. There would be no far right without the Jewish people.

You mean Republicans, not right wingers.

Republicans are a vehicle for the right-wing agenda. To paraphrase you yourself, there'd be no far-right conservative movement without the Republican party. If they're not brandishing tiki torches screaming about Jews replacing them, they're supporting Israel so that can watch Jews burn to fulfill a White Christian prophecy.

The far right is loaded with highly intelligent Jews who pushed for free markets and individualism. People like Milton Friedman, Ayn Rand, Murray Rothbard, von Mises, Richard Epstein, David Friedman, and on and on. There would be no far right without the Jewish people.

What you actually mean is that Jewish people can be far-right people (and worse; e.g. Ayn Rand), which I definitely agree with. For example, what is happening to the Palestinians has analogies to what occurred to the Jews under Nazi Germany. Which is why I don't associate Israel (a right-wing ethno-state) with Jewish identity -- that would be highly anti-Semitic.

Back
Top Bottom