• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

There Is No Crisis At The Border - And DHS Stats Prove It

OscarLevant

Gadfly Extraordinaire
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
This whole immigration issue is Trump ginning up his base just to get votes because he knows his base are xenophobes.

It's called The Art of the Con.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuart...-crisis-at-the-border-and-dhs-stats-prove-it/

At a June 21, 2018, cabinet meeting, Donald Trump talked about “the illegal immigration crisis on the southern border.” But data coming from his own administration show there is no such crisis. This year, illegal cross-border migration is only about 11% higher than at the same point last year – and the administration said last year was the “lowest level” on record.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration
and yet so many still come and IF 500,000 people are apprehended then 500,000 made it across successfully.
What number would you have to see cross illegally to make it a crisis in your mind?

I live near the California border and I assure you there is no crisis. It's made up bull**** by Donald Trump to gin uo his xenophobe base.

that's it

I live near the California border and I assure you there is no crisis. It's made up bull**** by Donald Trump to gin uo his xenophobe base.

that's it

I live near the California border to and I feel the opposite.

that's it

All the people screaming and chanting for a wall live nowhere near the border....its a fools errand we all know that.
I don't live near the border and I would never try to tell people that have to actually deal with something that what they are dealing with is more or less of what their reality is...but for some reason people in Idaho want to tell people in Arizona what they need.

All the people screaming and chanting for a wall live nowhere near the border....its a fools errand we all know that.
I don't live near the border and I would never try to tell people that have to actually deal with something that what they are dealing with is more or less of what their reality is...but for some reason people in Idaho want to tell people in Arizona what they need.

Because illegals don't scatter throughout the country, right? MS-13? They're not in northern states, far, far away from the border. Oh, wait...

This whole immigration issue is Trump ginning up his base just to get votes because he knows his base are xenophobes.

Only 18% higher Oh, God, I'm so relieved. Oh BTW how high was it last year and how high WAS THAT over the previous year? And you do realize that these are the numbers of the ONES WE CAUGHT or were turned away . That's what "apprehension" means.

Last edited:
Yeah. Go into a factory of 50 people and count the black employees on one hand. The Mexicans run them off.

Lots of business have No other option.....Lots of Whites are either too lazy, on opioids or are too old to do the work

Yeah. Go into a factory of 50 people and count the black employees on one hand. The Mexicans run them off.

No they didn't. Whoever does the hiring did.

Furthermore, statements made that illegal immigrants commit inordinate crime are false. They cannot prove that claim. Only give anecdotal evidence, the sum of which is not significant support of such a claim. Anecdotes are only used for purposes of fear mongering.

An interesting difference in how the two sides often express their opinions on this issue:
One speaks in clear, unequivocal terms -
that's it
The other is more vague, and emotion driven -
I live near the California border to and I feel the opposite.
I actually find it a bit amusing, as it’s often the Trumpsters calling the other side “snowflakes”. Anyone else notice this?

Because illegals don't scatter throughout the country, right? MS-13? They're not in northern states, far, far away from the border. Oh, wait...

I have no idea I have never encountered ms13 never even heard of them until Trump came along and I lived in the northeast most of my life.
My kids went to school in the northeast. But if you say there there I guess they are.

I have no idea I have never encountered ms13 never even heard of them until Trump came along and I lived in the northeast most of my life.
My kids went to school in the northeast. But if you say there there I guess they are.

Lucky you if you don't have MS-13 gang members in your community. I do. There was a marked uptick in gang activity starting when Obama invited unaccompanied minors into our country, and it continued through Trump's 1st year. Trump's high-profile war on MS-13 has helped, I think, along with arrests of course.
Their crimes would make your hair stand on end.

Lots of business have No other option.....Lots of Whites are either too lazy, on opioids or are too old to do the work

Mexicans are very clannish and racist. They don’t hire black, Asuan, or white unless they have a gun to their heads.

Mexicans are very clannish and racist. They don’t hire black, Asuan, or white unless they have a gun to their heads.

So I guess it was Mexicans who put the "Klan" in the KKK?

Give me a break.

Years ago, there was a little bar in Dana Point, CA. It was a hangout for
Mexican farmers coming from mexico to pick our veggies and fruit.

I walked in and sat at the bar. Mexican music was playing, and there was lots
of dancing, I saw a young lad dancing with an elderly woman, and everyone in
the bar apparently knew the song and was singing in unison. It was precisely that experience of noting
the contrast between American pubs and that little Mexican pub that shaped my opinion of Mexicans.

I have never, in my life, saw such joi de vivre (sp?) and camaraderie in an American bar.

If you go deep into mexico to your average pueblo, you could live there with your door unlocked. No, not in TJ, but where your grass roots Mexicans live, they are the most gentle of people.

So when you say "Mexicans are clannish and racist", I take umbrage at that statement,
it's born out of ignorance and such a sentiment has no place in politics and society.

Yes, there are bad people in all races, but to broad stroke an entire race for a few bad apples is unjust and stupid.

Last edited:

How sad that you are ok with the thousands that enter the US illegally or over stay their visas. By your own article the numbers are on the rise from a low point. Some articles in the past stated the low point was more to do with the economy.

While I may not call it a "crisis" the impact on local resources (churches, etc) from those seeking asylum has maxed out what they can do. Calls are out for donations. That takes away from helping our own citizens.

So OP, how much are you sending to help theses asylum seekers and other illegals?

How sad that you are ok with the thousands that enter the US illegally or over stay their visas. By your own article the numbers are on the rise from a low point. Some articles in the past stated the low point was more to do with the economy.

While I may not call it a "crisis" the impact on local resources (churches, etc) from those seeking asylum has maxed out what they can do. Calls are out for donations. That takes away from helping our own citizens.

So OP, how much are you sending to help theses asylum seekers and other illegals?

Please Supply the quote whereby I state I'm okay with illegal immigration / Visa overstays.

Of course, you cannot, so please don't put words in my mouth

The only thing I have expressed is that the problem is not an existential threat to America and to that extent not a crisis.

The last question you posed is a separate issue worthy of study and policy recommendations.

Please Supply the quote whereby I state I'm okay with illegal immigration / Visa overstays.

Of course, you cannot, so please don't put words in my mouth

The only thing I have expressed is that the problem is not an existential threat to America and to that extent not a crisis.

The last question you posed is a separate issue worthy of study and policy recommendations.

So you admit illegal aliens are a problem. You just don't consider it a " existential threat". We will disagree on that. Illegal immigration is a threat to American.

Ask somebody living in El Paso if there is a National Emergency down on the border.

Now if you asked somebody in Houston during the Hurricane THEY knew they were in the middle of an event that would ultimately be worthy of a National Emergency.

Back
Top Bottom