• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

There is going to be trouble at the polls.

Guyzilla

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I was purged. I went to vote, IN MY APT COMPLEX, that I had lived at for years, and voted in before. I felt like I must have done something wrong.

Trump is now intending on using sheriffs, to intimidate folks. And lawyers to challenge DEM voters. I can see Trump trying to challenge as many Dems as possible, and make them vote provisional, which we all know dont get counted. Trump has also said he will cut off counting, when he is tired of no result. There will be PATRIOTS, that think the TRUMP GUARANTEE of fraud, means they should be at heavy minority polls.

I am a vulnerable. That kind of trouble, and my reaction to being purged, is dangerous. I should not have to risk my life to vote. I should not feel like I have to get battle ready to vote. Trump is making voting, a contact sport.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
President Donald Trump, who's repeatedly railed against mail-in voting, said Thursday he has concerns about in-person voting as well, and wants to use law-enforcement as poll watchers on Election Day.

In a phone interview with Sean Hannity on Fox News during the Democratic National Convention, Trump was asked if he planned to have poll watchers on Election Day with the "ability to monitor, to avoid fraud and cross check whether or not these are registered voters, whether or not there's been identification to know if it's a real vote from a real American?"

Trump said, "We're going to have everything. We're going to have sheriffs and law enforcement and we're going to have, hopefully, U.S. attorneys, and we're going to have everybody, and attorney generals, but it's very hard."
Marc Elias, a top lawyer for the Democrats on voting rights, tweeted that such a move by Trump would be challenged in court by Democrats.

As Trump has watched his poll numbers slide, he has increasingly argued, without evidence, that the November election is at risk of being derailed by fraud. Democrats are pushing for more expansive voting by mail, a response to the pandemic that continues to plague the country. Trump, in response, has argued Democrats are trying to cheat the election...

Read more: Trump says he wants to use '''sheriffs''' as poll watchers on Election Day

I was purged. I went to vote, IN MY APT COMPLEX, that I had lived at for years, and voted in before. I felt like I must have done something wrong.

Trump is now intending on using sheriffs, to intimidate folks. And lawyers to challenge DEM voters. I can see Trump trying to challenge as many Dems as possible, and make them vote provisional, which we all know dont get counted. Trump has also said he will cut off counting, when he is tired of no result. There will be PATRIOTS, that think the TRUMP GUARANTEE of fraud, means they should be at heavy minority polls.

I am a vulnerable. That kind of trouble, and my reaction to being purged, is dangerous. I should not have to risk my life to vote. I should not feel like I have to get battle ready to vote. Trump is making voting, a contact sport.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
President Donald Trump, who's repeatedly railed against mail-in voting, said Thursday he has concerns about in-person voting as well, and wants to use law-enforcement as poll watchers on Election Day.

In a phone interview with Sean Hannity on Fox News during the Democratic National Convention, Trump was asked if he planned to have poll watchers on Election Day with the "ability to monitor, to avoid fraud and cross check whether or not these are registered voters, whether or not there's been identification to know if it's a real vote from a real American?"

Trump said, "We're going to have everything. We're going to have sheriffs and law enforcement and we're going to have, hopefully, U.S. attorneys, and we're going to have everybody, and attorney generals, but it's very hard."
Marc Elias, a top lawyer for the Democrats on voting rights, tweeted that such a move by Trump would be challenged in court by Democrats.

As Trump has watched his poll numbers slide, he has increasingly argued, without evidence, that the November election is at risk of being derailed by fraud. Democrats are pushing for more expansive voting by mail, a response to the pandemic that continues to plague the country. Trump, in response, has argued Democrats are trying to cheat the election...

Read more: Trump says he wants to use '''sheriffs''' as poll watchers on Election Day

More of the latest fear tactics from the left....it's all they got. Listen up folks....elections are done by local and state powers, NOT the federal government....let that sink in your little head, if possible, then you will see the purely fear tactics of the crazy left.

Well, Trump doesn't have any authority over "the votes." Elections in the USA are state run affairs.
Now, Trump is allowed to challenge the results in a particular state, based upon those states electoral laws, or to challenge the electoral laws in general if they violate the Constitution or federal law.
But Biden has the same rights.
As far as you being purged from the polls, that is state issue for which Trump has no say-- heck depending upon the state it might just be a local issue. Either way, if you wish to be political about it, in California the odds are that it was a Democratic screw-up. But those things happen. I am sure there are procedures and systems to fix the problem.
Relax-- don't be paranoid.

More of the latest fear tactics from the left....it's all they got. Listen up folks....elections are done by local and state powers, NOT the federal government....let that sink in your little head, if possible, then you will see the purely fear tactics of the crazy left.

How is it fear tactics from the left when Trump literally said it on Fox news?

Well, Trump doesn't have any authority over "the votes." Elections in the USA are state run affairs.
Now, Trump is allowed to challenge the results in a particular state, based upon those states electoral laws, or to challenge the electoral laws in general if they violate the Constitution or federal law.
As far as you being purged from the polls, that is state issue for which Trump has no say-- heck depending upon the state it might just be a local issue. Either way, if you wish to be political about it, in California the odds are that it was a Democratic screw-up. But those things happen. I am sure there are procedures and systems to fix the problem.

So Trump must be either lying or ignorant of the law.

Trump said, predicting "This will be the most fraudulent election in U.S. history."

As usual, he is projecting and I believe him - Trump will make sure that it is. He is trying his best.

- Foreign interference - invited and likely to be supported

- USPS interference

- Now, in-person interference

- Deligitimizing election prepping his base for dismissing unfavorable results

I am sure he has other plans too that will come out

Last edited:

From your link:

Poll watching is an ordinary part of elections — both parties do it — and the rules are governed separately for each individual state.

The key to that statement is "parties". Poll watching is a Party action. Heck, your article clearly states this.

NBC News has previously reported that the Trump campaign and the Republican National Committee are recruiting an estimated 50,000 volunteers to act as poll watchers - the GOP's first national poll-patrol operation in nearly 40 years.

Let not your heart be troubled. The poll watchers are there for YOUR protection.

Regarding your unrelated issue of being purged, that's a personal problem likely caused by the incompetent Democrats in your state. Deal with it.

Do you think GOP-controlled swing states like Florida might just listen to him and decide to have police in the polling stations? Only in Dem and black areas of course. I'm sure the sight of police officers hanging around polling stations might deter plenty of black citizens from voting.

How is it fear tactics from the left when Trump literally said it on Fox news?

Easy fix....go to the polls and vote in person and make sure your vote counts. Trump and RNC are not involved in "voter suppression" as the left tells you.....Trump is not attempting to subvert the USPS as the left is telling you...people go to work everyday, people shop for groceries everyday, people go to Walmart or whatever everyday, people go here and there everyday....I can attest to the traffic on the roads. Why can't the left go out and vote?....wtf is going on?

Do you think GOP-controlled swing states like Florida might just listen to him and decide to have police in the polling stations? Only in Dem and black areas of course. I'm sure the sight of police officers hanging around polling stations might deter plenty of black citizens from voting.

Now, that is racist if I've ever seen it.....

See a racist, YOU are the racist. Right wing motto.

I am not the one who suggested blacks would be afraid to approach a voting poll with a policeman standing there....you did. The vast, vast majority of blacks are law abiding citizens and are not afraid of the police, but welcome their protection.

I am not the one who suggested blacks would be afraid to approach a voting poll with a policeman standing there....you did. The vast, vast majority of blacks are law abiding citizens and are not afraid of the police, but welcome their protection.

Cop hassles you. You are black, and dont appreciate racism. You get uppity. Now you either get your head stoved in, or shot, or jailed.

Lets do a poll, and see how many blacks WELCOME police "protection" in polls? Which is actually, intimidation, and head busting, if you disagree with the scam lawyers there to disenfranchise us.

Cop hassles you. You are black, and dont appreciate racism. You get uppity. Now you either get your head stoved in, or shot, or jailed.

Lets do a poll, and see how many blacks WELCOME police "protection" in polls? Which is actually, intimidation, and head busting, if you disagree with the scam lawyers there to disenfranchise us.

Jeesh.....99.99% of police are not as you portray. Who teaches you this nonsense?.....the fear tactics of the left.

Unfortunately, TDS has final stages. At that point, the patient is just too far gone to save. You are so paranoid that now you are afraid of law enforcement making sure that you get your right to vote? Do you think they are going to stand over you to watch who you vote for and if it is Biden then you are executed on the spot? Or, would you rather have violent protesters wearing BLM shirts at the polls intimidating the right?

Yes, as a matter of fact, they would be fine with BLM peaceful protesters standing around the polls, intimidating voters.

Trump said, predicting "This will be the most fraudulent election in U.S. history."

As usual, he is projecting and I believe him - Trump will make sure that it is. He is trying his best.

- Foreign interference - invited and likely to be supported

- USPS interference

- Now, in-person interference

- Deligitimizing election prepping his base for dismissing unfavorable results

I am sure he has other plans too that will come out

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, that is Democrats saying that. Remember the post office cutbacks and mail in balloting stuff? Democrats are already saying it is the most fraudulent election in US history. Are you saying you agree with Trump? Please make up your mind. Will you commit to saying you won't question the election results?

Easy fix....go to the polls and vote in person and make sure your vote counts. Trump and RNC are not involved in "voter suppression" as the left tells you.....Trump is not attempting to subvert the USPS as the left is telling you...people go to work everyday, people shop for groceries everyday, people go to Walmart or whatever everyday, people go here and there everyday....I can attest to the traffic on the roads. Why can't the left go out and vote?....wtf is going on?

They are already lining up their excuses in case they lose.

They would be perfectly fine with peaceful protesters wearing BLM shirts congregating around polling places, intimidating voters.

Would you be OK with peaceful protesters wearing BLM shirts congregating around polling locations?

purging people from the voting rolls is a time honored trick of conservatives dating back to when women/blacks earned the right.

it really is effective. and sleazy as hell.

Does this rant mean you think Trump personally purged you from the voter rolls?

Back
Top Bottom