• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

There is a knock at his door....

I have already destroyed you... in fact, I destroyed you were than I thought... you do not even understand the difference between what I said about destroying and defeating... how are you destroyed? You are telling me that you are not destroyed, that is how.
Since you started bringing up dictionary definitions, I did the same. I am alive and well, hence, I am not destroyed. If you're going to argue with dictio art definitions, then be consistent in your outrage. I am alive, hence, not destroyed.

Since you started bringing up dictionary definitions, I did the same. I am alive and well, hence, I am not destroyed. If you're going to argue with dictio art definitions, then be consistent in your outrage. I am alive, hence, not destroyed.
The destruction continues... although at a quicker pace than I envisioned. Your posts are dismantled and just a shell of their former selves as you have been destroyed. Your best efforts are arguing about using a dictionary now... not even about what the words mean. This is like watching Meghan Markel look around frantically trying to see if people believe that she is a victim.

The destruction continues... although at a quicker pace than I envisioned. Your posts are dismantled and just a shell of their former selves as you have been destroyed. Your best efforts are arguing about using a dictionary now... not even about what the words mean. This is like watching Meghan Markel look around frantically trying to see if people believe that she is a victim.
You brought up the dictionary first. I haven't been arguing about abortion for a while now because, like I said before, neither of us will change each others minds. I'm just waiting for that horrible death you keep saying you are doing to me... this horrible destruction you keep saying you are doing to me. Is it gonna happen at my job? My home? On the street? Can't kill anyone over the internet unless you're gonna transmit cancer through the computer.

If you say you are destroying my arguments, that is perfectly acceptable... but to say you are destroying a person? That is unacceptable.

If you say you are destroying my arguments, that is perfectly acceptable... but to say you are destroying a person? That is unacceptable.
Abortion does not destroy any persons. Please, you are proving him correct.

Abortion kills the unborn. We do acknowledge that. Now why dont you explain your objections to that and why?

References:

(a) In determining the meaning of any Act of Congress, or of any ruling, regulation, or interpretation of the various administrative bureaus and agencies of the United States, the words “person”, “human being”, “child”, and “individual”, shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development.​
(b) As used in this section, the term “born alive”, with respect to a member of the species homo sapiens, means the complete expulsion or extraction from his or her mother of that member, at any stage of development, who after such expulsion or extraction breathes or has a beating heart, pulsation of the umbilical cord, or definite movement of voluntary muscles, regardless of whether the umbilical cord has been cut, and regardless of whether the expulsion or extraction occurs as a result of natural or induced labor, cesarean section, or induced abortion.​

and

14th Amendment - Section 1
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.​

Abortion does not destroy any persons. Please, you are proving him correct.

Abortion kills the unborn. We do acknowledge that. Now why dont you explain your objections to that and why?

References:

(a) In determining the meaning of any Act of Congress, or of any ruling, regulation, or interpretation of the various administrative bureaus and agencies of the United States, the words “person”, “human being”, “child”, and “individual”, shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development.​
(b) As used in this section, the term “born alive”, with respect to a member of the species homo sapiens, means the complete expulsion or extraction from his or her mother of that member, at any stage of development, who after such expulsion or extraction breathes or has a beating heart, pulsation of the umbilical cord, or definite movement of voluntary muscles, regardless of whether the umbilical cord has been cut, and regardless of whether the expulsion or extraction occurs as a result of natural or induced labor, cesarean section, or induced abortion.​

and

14th Amendment - Section 1
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.​
As I have ALREADY explained MANY TIMES, I believe life begins at conception. Just because the law says it doesn't, doesn't mean I have to agree with it. I still have to follow it, but not agree with it. Now, if I am consistent, and I believe that life begins at conception, then killing the unborn is the same as killing who is born.

As I have ALREADY explained MANY TIMES, I believe life begins at conception. Just because the law says it doesn't, doesn't mean I have to agree with it. I still have to follow it, but not agree with it. Now, if I am consistent, and I believe that life begins at conception, then killing the unborn is the same as killing who is born.
Life does begin at conception. For all higher animals. So? We kill other animals all the time. What distinction are you making? Species? Why?

What authority that Americans are obligated to follow says the unborn has a right to life?

No one said you had to agree with it, but you came to a discussion forum...so discuss it. Why?

I am a believer in God. Is that what you want to hear? I am non practicing (I was raised Catholic, but have been non practicing since 1999 when in high school when my family was kicked out of the parish for not giving them money), but I am still a believer. Even if I was not a believer, I would still believe that human life is sacred. To me it is not about who/what authority we should follow, it is strictly a personal moral belief based on personal observations from pregnant women who did not have an abortion, and pregnant women who have had an abortion.

I am a believer in God. Is that what you want to hear? I am non practicing (I was raised Catholic, but have been non practicing since 1999 when in high school when my family was kicked out of the parish for not giving them money), but I am still a believer. Even if I was not a believer, I would still believe that human life is sacred. To me it is not about who/what authority we should follow, it is strictly a personal moral belief based on personal observations from pregnant women who did not have an abortion, and pregnant women who have had an abortion.
Believe all you want...that's fine. However, morally, do you believe that you are entitled to force your beliefs on women, using force of law?

Believe all you want...that's fine. However, morally, do you believe that you are entitled to force your beliefs on women, using force of law?
I believe that it is both the mother AND the father collectively. It takes two to make a baby. It should take two to agree to the abortion.

As far as forcing my belief, as you said, I came to a discussion forum. How can I discuss if I don't state my position? I am not putting guns to people's heads and forcing them to change their beliefs. I have never said "you are wrong and a horrible person" for tour position. All I have stated is my position and why.

As far as forcing using force of law, we do that every day on many different things: taxes, how to declare war, that is what kegi
As far as forcing beliefs using force of law, that is what every person in law does. Raise taxes? Forced on us Cut taxes? Forced on us. If the public votes a person in power, they give that person the potential to force things on us using for of law. Personally, I think it should be left to the states.

As far as forcing using force of law, we do that every day on many different things: taxes, how to declare war, that is what kegi

As far as forcing beliefs using force of law, that is what every person in law does. Raise taxes? Forced on us Cut taxes? Forced on us. If the public votes a person in power, they give that person the potential to force things on us using for of law. Personally, I think it should be left to the states.
Didn't mean to post that last one weird, on a bad cell phone posting.

I believe that it is both the mother AND the father collectively. It takes two to make a baby. It should take two to agree to the abortion.
That's a biological fact. It does not answer any of my questions. And I already posted why it's unconstitutional and immoral for the father to be able to force a woman to have an abortion OR remain pregnant.

Why are you bringing it up again?

As far as forcing my belief, as you said, I came to a discussion forum. How can I discuss if I don't state my position? I am not putting guns to people's heads and forcing them to change their beliefs. I have never said "you are wrong and a horrible person" for tour position. All I have stated is my position and why.
Just stating a position and why is not 'debate.' It's supposed to be defended, supported. You address other's arguments and positions.

Or you can act like King of the Forum, declare your opinion, and be done. 🤷 It still means you have posted an immoral position IMO and it goes unsupported.

Didn't mean to post that last one weird, on a bad cell phone posting.
I'm willing to bet it's quite reflective of your opinions. The Const. protects women...laws must be based on the Const. But feel free to explain why you believe it's acceptable to violate women's Const rights, rights such as due process, medical and reproductive privacy, bodily autonomy, personal liberty? Dont we have rights equal with men?

btw, many, if not most, states would still keep elective abortion legal, they've said so and some have said the would make it easier for women in other states to travel if they need abortions.

That's a biological fact. It does not answer any of my questions. And I already posted why it's unconstitutional and immoral for the father to be able to force a woman to have an abortion OR remain pregnant.

Why are you bringing it up again?

Just stating a position and why is not 'debate.' It's supposed to be defended, supported. You address other's arguments and positions.

Or you can act like King of the Forum, declare your opinion, and be done. 🤷 It still means you have posted an immoral position IMO and it goes unsupported.
I bring it up again, because I never said the father should firce the mother, I said they should be in agreement. Now if the father decides he doesn't want to be in the picture, then i am willing to concede that the mother can make that choice.

As far as acting line king of the forum, I can frame my posts any way I want with or without supporting facts, just as you have the right to post however you feel your need to. If people don't like my posts, they don't have to respond.

I'm willing to bet it's quite reflective of your opinions. The Const. protects women...laws must be based on the Const. But feel free to explain why you believe it's acceptable to violate women's Const rights, rights such as due process, medical and reproductive privacy, bodily autonomy, personal liberty? Dont we have rights equal with men?
I bring it up again, because I never said the father should firce the mother, I said they should be in agreement.
I wrote the same thing

Now if the father decides he doesn't want to be in the picture, then i am willing to concede that the mother can make that choice.
Here you go again...YOU/MEN dont get to make that choice. It's her body, HER life. You are still writing that the man legally should be able to use force. Because if she says no and he was able to overrule it...that's immoral and unconstitutional.

As far as acting line king of the forum, I can frame my posts any way I want with or without supporting facts, just as you have the right to post however you feel your need to. If people don't like my posts, they don't have to respond.
You can, lol, hence my statement about 'king of the forum.' You are just reinforcing my point. You can post anything you want, just to proclaim your 'beliefs.' It's not debate and any of us are still welcome to shred your 'beliefs' and apparently, you cant or wont support them 🤷

That's a biological fact. It does not answer any of my questions. And I already posted why it's unconstitutional and immoral for the father to be

btw, many, if not most, states would still keep elective abortion legal, they've said so and some have said the would make it easier for women in other states to travel if they need abortions.
As far as many state allowing elective abortions, that is their right to. It is not about womens rights to me. It is abut the rights of the COUPLE and THE UNBORN BABY. If men and women are equal, and the father wants to step up and be the father, then he has just as much right as the mother, and the decision should be a COUPLE decision.

Again, it is my moral argument, with no data supporting it. That is the beauty of belief. Ask any Qanon nut job who believes that Trump will be elected the 19th President soon.

I wrote the same thing

Here you go again...YOU dont get to make that choice. It's her body, HER life. You are still writing that the man legally should be able to use force. Because if she says no and he was able to overrule it...that's immoral and unconstitutional.

You can, lol, hence my statement about 'king of the forum.' You are just reinforcing my point. You can post anything you want, just to proclaim your 'beliefs.' It's not debate and any of us are still welcome to shred your 'beliefs' and apparently, you cant or wont support them 🤷
It is not just her life, it is the life that the couple created as well.

As far as many state allowing elective abortions, that is their right to. It is not about womens rights to me. It is abut the rights of the COUPLE and THE UNBORN BABY. If men and women are equal, and the father wants to step up and be the father, then he has just as much right as the mother, and the decision should be a COUPLE decision.

Again, it is my moral argument, with no data supporting it. That is the beauty of belief. Ask any Qanon nut job who believes that Trump will be elected the 19th President soon.
There are no such things as 'couples rights' :rolleyes: and unborn rights. And I posted sources that proved it about the unborn.

There is no equality if the man can violate a woman's rights with HIS opinion, with what HE wants.

And you're right, there's nothing to support that your beliefs on this are moral.

I clearly destroyed your posts... I made that clear. Rubble. That is all that is left.

It is not just her life, it is the life that the couple created as well.
It has no rights. It's her life, her health, her future, the responsibilities that she has to her current family, kids, and other obligations that are all at risk. Why should she be forced to risk all those things when there is a safer, legal option in abortion?

Abortion is 14 times safer than pregnancy
NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Getting a legal abortion is much safer than giving birth, suggests a new U.S. study published Monday.​
Researchers found that women were about 14 times more likely to die during or after giving birth to a live baby than to die from complications of an abortion.​

The govt recognizes that it is unconstitutional to do so...thankfully. Why do you believe it is moral to force a woman to remain pregnant, take such a risk, against her will?

I clearly destroyed your posts... I made that clear. Rubble. That is all that is left.
There you go. Now you get it. What you just said is perfectly fine. The minute you said you destroyed me, that is when you change the argument from abortion/no abortion to talking about me personally. I bet you me and Lursa agree on other things, we just don't agree on this.

There you go. Now you get it. What you just said is perfectly fine. The minute you said you destroyed me, that is when you change the argument from abortion/no abortion to talking about me personally. I bet you me and Lursa agree on other things, we just don't agree on this.
I got it all along... there is nothing wrong with saying that I destroyed you... it is also not talking about you... at all.

It has no rights. It's her life, her health, her future, the responsibilities that she has to her current family, kids, and other obligations that are all at risk. Why should she be forced to risk all those things when there is a safer, legal option in abortion?

Abortion is 14 times safer than pregnancy
NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Getting a legal abortion is much safer than giving birth, suggests a new U.S. study published Monday.​
Researchers found that women were about 14 times more likely to die during or after giving birth to a live baby than to die from complications of an abortion.​

The govt recognizes that it is unconstitutional to do so...thankfully. Why do you believe it is moral to force a woman to remain pregnant, take such a risk, against her will?
It isn't moral to force the woman to, and I never said the man should force the woman. If the couple is in agreement, then how is she being forced. It is called being an adult. If the father wants it and the mother doesn't, then whether I like it or not, like I said before, I believe state rights take precedence.

Me and my wife may never get the opportunity to be parents, and my wife cries about it weekly. That is the main reason why I believe what I do, and I do not have to justify my belief to anyone.

An acorn is alive, but it's not an oak tree. A zygote is alive, but it's not a person.

Back
Top Bottom