• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

There are two kinds of Cardiologists: Vegans and those who haven't read the data

Yes, pounds on the hips are not pleasant in those terms,,,lol. L-tryptophan is really an easy solution for the short term by increasing happiness, without food and improving sleep. Just remember to quit after a month or two.

k thanks, I'm naturally pretty happy though and I sleep okey dokey most nights

Advice From a Vegan Cardiologist - Dr. Kim A. Williams, Immediate-Past President of the American College of Cardiology, often sees patients who are overweight and struggling with hypertension, Type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol. One of the things he advises them to do is to change their diets.

11 Years a Vegan for a Healthier Heart - Everyday Health

Dr. Kim Allan Williams Sr. Assumes Role of President of the American College of Cardiology - American College of Cardiology

In Germany the public tv channels are full of propaganda that the population should eat less than a third the meat it now consumes to achieve the Co2 targets.

EH: Do you have tips for how to start on a vegan diet?

Dr. Williams: I encourage patients to go to the grocery store and sample different plant-based versions of many of the basic foods they eat already. There are dozens of products to sample, and there will obviously be some that you like and some that you don't like. I also ask my patients what they like to eat and then help them search the Internet for vegan alternative recipes to try.

Veganism is an indulgence for prosperous urbanites. With careful diet control it's possible for vegans to live well but nothing can make it possible for them to go through a day without telling someone that they're vegan.
Try a 50-mile diet as a vegan. Try it on a near-poverty income. Try it without bragging about it.

Kim Allan Williams, Sr., MD, FACC is board certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular diseases, nuclear medicine, nuclear cardiology and cardiovascular computed tomography. Williams was professor of medicine and radiology and director of nuclear cardiology at the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine University, and Dorothy Susan Timmis Endowed Professor and chair of the division of cardiology at Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, MI. Williams is currently chief of the cardiology division at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, and president-elect of the American College of Cardiology.

Veganism is an indulgence for prosperous urbanites. With careful diet control it's possible for vegans to live well but nothing can make it possible for them to go through a day without telling someone that they're vegan.
Try a 50-mile diet as a vegan. Try it on a near-poverty income. Try it without bragging about it.
Veganism is an extreme form of attention seeking.

It's another fou-fou dietary affectation- eat only what's produced in a fifty-mile radius around you. Where've you been, you never heard of the 50-mile diet.

Kim Allan Williams, Sr., MD, FACC is board certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular diseases, nuclear medicine, nuclear cardiology and cardiovascular computed tomography. Williams was professor of medicine and radiology and director of nuclear cardiology at the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine University, and Dorothy Susan Timmis Endowed Professor and chair of the division of cardiology at Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, MI. Williams is currently chief of the cardiology division at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, and president-elect of the American College of Cardiology.

Do any of those people have a clue about feeding a family when both parents are working low-wage jobs? Or the single parent is working two jobs and the food bank doesn't know what 'vegan' means?
It's an affectation, a self-indulgence of prosperous urban DINKs. Them, or rural back-to-mother types with lots of disposable cash and access to urban grocery stores.

It's another fou-fou dietary affectation- eat only what's produced in a fifty-mile radius around you. Where've you been, you never heard of the 50-mile diet.

eating local is a good idea.

Do any of those people have a clue about feeding a family when both parents are working low-wage jobs? Or the single parent is working two jobs and the food bank doesn't know what 'vegan' means?
It's an affectation, a self-indulgence of prosperous urban DINKs. Them, or rural back-to-mother types with lots of disposable cash and access to urban grocery stores.

Plant-Based on a Budget: How I Ate Well on $5 a Day

I have previously done a five-day $1.50-a-day challenge, to demonstrate how to eat healthfully on an extremely restricted budget. It was difficult, but doable. Now I want to show you how to eat a whole-food, plant-based diet on a more reasonable, but still thrifty budget of $5 a day. Below I have chronicled my experience of creating a ten-day menu of varied healthy meals, using limited resources and ingredients.

According to the USDA, the monthly food budget for a single person on the “thrifty plan” is approximately $209, which is about $6.90 per day. I took it down to $5 a day, which is closer to the budget of people who live on food stamps.

In order to simulate the shopping experience of the average American, I shopped in big chain supermarkets, small mom-and-pop stores, specialty grocery stores, and at my local farmer’s market.

I've never met a working class vegan. They are usually middle class attention seekers who adopt the fad for a while.

I've never met a working class vegan. They are usually middle class attention seekers who adopt the fad for a while.

This talking point of yours seems very important to you. Almost as if you're threatened by people who may not be receptive to this upcoming change in modern thinking. Vegetarianism, Veganism and eating less meat is on the rise.

Back
Top Bottom