• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

There Are No Conservative Cities, Because Conservatives Are Hill People.

Yakshi

Super Tuesday, my ass
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Blaming "Democratic cities" for a variety of things is nice, if it makes your toes squiggle, but there isn't a single conservative city in the country.

Cities frighten conservatives, and that's a good thing, because Democrats don't want conservatives in cities.

Democrats are too busy working in cities. They're producing goods and services that are then traded across the world. They are taxed on their income for the work they do. The federal government then sends these taxes in the form of subsidies out into the hills, trees, and valleys, where conservatives hide from minorities and make furious posts about Democratic cities.

And I for one don't mind helping the hill people, as long as the Democratic cities meme keeps them where they should be.

Democrats are too busy working in cities. They're producing goods and services that are then traded across the world. They are taxed on their income for the work they do.
Yep. Only Democrats live in cities. And only city folk produce goods and services and are taxed on their income. And Democrats don't want conservatives in cities. And only prostitutes can get AIDS.

Looks like you've got the world figured out. :coffeepap

The sad statistical fact is that more than half the population will always be averagely or less smart. Averagely or less resistant to indoctrination. Averagely or less moral, humane, intent on self-improving, hard working, diligent, and capable of love.

Averagely or less capable of building a better world.

So always, in every generation, there will be a natural trend towards averagely dumb or dumber. Hence, there must in every generation be something to counter this trend, or all of humankind will eventually end up joining the cause de jure, spouting variations of "No, YOU're stupid!" in threads they post on the web.

The sad statistical fact is that more than half the population will always be averagely or less smart. Averagely or less resistant to indoctrination. Averagely or less moral, humane, intent on self-improving, hard working, diligent, and capable of love.

So always, in every generation, there will be a natural trend towards averagely dumb or dumber. Hence, there must in every generation be something to counter this trend, or all of humankind will eventually end up joining the cause de jure, spouting variations of "No, YOU're stupid!" in threads they post on the web.

Exactly. And the proper place for such people is the hills.

Yep. Only Democrats live in cities. And only city folk produce goods and services and are taxed on their income. And Democrats don't want conservatives in cities. And only prostitutes can get AIDS.

Name a conservative city.

How do you conclude that more than half the population will be "averagely or less" any of these things?

If by "averagely or less" you mean "strictly at or below the statistical average", then (assuming normality) we expect exactly half of everyone to fall into this category.

If you mean "below or in the vicinity of the statistical average", e.g. within the lowest 7 deciles, indeed more than half of everyone falls into this category, but if this was sufficient to conclude "there will be a natural trend towards averagely dumb or dumber", we could equally well reason that since more than half of everyone falls into the upper 7 deciles, society will naturally trend towards greatness.

Or am I overthinking your response? :confused:

Yes, you're overthinking it.

Name a conservative city.
My old hometown of Calgary, Alberta was--and is--conservative in most respects. :shrug:

Conservatism is a spectrum. Conservatism on the scale of cities is complex mosaic. A city can be described by hundreds of policies, cultures, and other variables, each of which can be independently placed on a conservative-to-progressive spectrum.

I believe that when conservative Americans refer to "Democratic cities", they're referring to cities with long-time Democratic leadership. Although, I'm compelled to point out that even within the Democratic party, politicians can differ markedly on the conservative-to-progressive spectrum.

How do you conclude that more than half the population will be "averagely or less" any of these things?

If by "averagely or less" you mean "strictly at or below the statistical average", then (assuming normality) we expect exactly half of everyone to fall into this category.

If you mean "below or in the vicinity of the statistical average", e.g. within the lowest 7 deciles, indeed more than half of everyone falls into this category, but if this was sufficient to conclude "there will be a natural trend towards averagely dumb or dumber", we could equally well reason that since more than half of everyone falls into the upper 7 deciles, society will naturally trend towards greatness.

Or am I overthinking your response? :confused:

Nah. I didn't mean exactly average on some undetermined scale, as that would be a very small percentage of the population, but more in the daily use of the term, as "within some significant deviance of average".

Or:
a = number of significantly above average people
b = number of significantly below average people
c = number of average people.

Assuming a Bell curve, a = b and c > 0, so therefore b + c > a.

...Or am I overthinking my response? :2razz:

Zero conservative cities. And yet the Democrat cities meme persists among the hill people.

Just thank us for subsidizing your fear and leave it at that.

We're liberals. We're glad to help . . . as long as you stay in the hills where you belong.

Let us do the heavy lifting.

Colorado Springs. LOL

There are no conservative cities in any state.

Just stay out of our way while we maintain the economy for you, thanks a bunch.

I'm glad I read the thread before posting. When I saw Yakshi asking to name a conservative city, I immediately thought about MY city: Colorado Springs.

Opera Snapshot_2020-09-10_021323_www.forbes.com.jpg

btw, contrary to the OP's contention that the people in the hills get subsidies from people in the city, here in the Springs it's the opposite. It takes a lot of money to live in those foothills. The people who live there pay more in taxes because they generally have higher incomes. (not to mention HOA fees, having to own a 4-wheel drive vehicle because of the inevitable snow, etc.)

So . . . nothing then. Anyone want to give Cheyenne a try? How about Whitefish?

From the Democrats who run the country in our biggest cities: you're welcome.

You can even keep whining incessantly. We're too busy to care.

How about this? Vote Trump. It'll be funnier in November.

San Diego, California
Jacksonville, Florida
Ft. Worth, Texas
El Paso, Texas
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Las Vegas, Nevada
Fresno, California
Mesa, Arizona
Omaha, Nebraska
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Miami, Florida
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Arlington, Texas

List of mayors of the 50 largest cities in the United States - Wikiwand

Virginia Beach maybe listed as conservative, but we do elect many congressional, state, and city officials and mayors who are Democrats.

I voted for Elaine Luria last cycle. (D)

I voted for Meyera Oberndorf (D) for mayor more than once. She was a old school Democrat who was respected and loved by both Repub's and Dem's.

Blaming "Democratic cities" for a variety of things is nice, if it makes your toes squiggle, but there isn't a single conservative city in the country.

Cities frighten conservatives, and that's a good thing, because Democrats don't want conservatives in cities.

Democrats are too busy working in cities. They're producing goods and services that are then traded across the world. They are taxed on their income for the work they do. The federal government then sends these taxes in the form of subsidies out into the hills, trees, and valleys, where conservatives hide from minorities and make furious posts about Democratic cities.

And I for one don't mind helping the hill people, as long as the Democratic cities meme keeps them where they should be.

1/3 of the voters in NYC are registered Republicans so it’s patently false aside from being a dumb **** thing to say. That comment is no better than the various stupidities Republicans and Trumpets say about Democrats.

Oh and btw I was one of those Republicans in NYC though I don’t live there any more and am now a registered Independent.

1/3 of the voters in NYC are registered Republicans so it’s patently false aside from being a dumb **** thing to say. That comment is no better than the various stupidities Republicans and Trumpets say about Democrats.

Oh and btw I was one of those Republicans in NYC though I don’t live there any more and am now a registered Independent.

A city with 2/3rds Democratic voters is a Democratic city.

No one ever in the history of mankind ever suggested that a city needed to contain 100 percent of Democratic voters in order to be a Democratic city.

Take a logic class. And while you're doing so, punch yourself in the face 700 times, because it really seems to work with people like you. And if it doesn't, then a service has been provided for the rest of us.

This thread requests non-morons!

Only non-morons!

If you're a moron, go post in the the Comet Ping Pong thread!

If you're a moron and you post here, then it tells me that you're too much of a moron to realize that you're a moron, and that's something worse than being a moron. In any case, I want you elsewhere.

So do that.

No subhumans allowed.

Last edited:

No one ever in the history of mankind ever suggested that a city needed to contain 100 percent of Democratic voters in order to be a Democratic city.

Take a logic class. And while you're doing so, punch yourself in the face 700 times, because it really seems to work with people like you. And if it doesn't, then a service has been provided for the rest of us.

Only non-morons!

If you're a moron and you post here, then it tells me that you're too much of a moron to realize that you're a moron, and that's something worse than being a moron. In any case, I want you elsewhere.

So do that.

No subhumans allowed.

So would it be off-topic to talk about how the creation of Western Civilization and it's cities was actually a conservative endeavour to keep your segment (proles and tyrants) in line, and how that is why Conservatism was eventually so named?

Only non-morons!

So do that.

No subhumans allowed.

Anger management issues to go along with the fact that you apparently can’t put into words what you’re thinking

Democrats are too busy working in cities. They're producing goods and services that are then traded across the world. They are taxed on their income for the work they do.

That’s a clear statement you think conservatives don’t live in cities.

Oh and while you’re at it why are you comparing a political party - Democrats - with a philosophy - Conservatism - as if all Democrats are liberals and all conservatives Republicans. You are one confused puppy.

You and people with the same view are nothing more than blue tinged Trumpers. You make stupid blanket characterizations about “the other side” and try to pass it off as something intelligent. There are moronic statements in this thread but they aren’t mine.

It’s not “only” dems, just the majority. OP is right - the GOP keeps babbling on and on about “dEmoCRaT citIeS.” Well, they’re dem cause they’re larger, need more governance, and the populace is more sophisticated. Rural red states are opioid ****holes where the GOP had gutted infrastructure - education, healthcare, etc. That there are societal problems in dem cities isn’t cause to assume the cities are failing. Mo’ people = Mo’ problems. This is basic logic and rudimentary thinking so naturally the GOP assumes their base will reject it and instead cling to fantasies about how terrible “the other half” live in cities. NO, really, take another opioid. Ya’ll don’t need no HEALTHCARE, just hunt more!

Arab leaders throughout the middle east use the same tactics to keep their people impoverished and angry at Jews for the lack of humanity.

I am a moron. I do live in the hills. Thank you for subsidizing my lifestyle. Is that what you wanted to hear?

How lefties actually think^ He actually not only posted this but made his own thread, A buffet of stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom