• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

There are no Adults left in the Room

Please, upgrading our infrastructure nay be a good thing overall but will serve only to give a short term boost in employment much like FDRs Public Works Programs. In the long term it will have a minimal to null effect on the economy.
It also provides a long term benefit to the economy by maintaining what makes those transactions possible. Infrastructure makes a lot of employment possible, assuming it isnt digging holes to refill them.

Okay I see where my mind went on that, but active shooters have no bearing on class size. Point being if my teachers could manage and educate large classes why shouldn't teachers today? After everything was done by hand then, no computers to help out.
Required testing takes a week out of the year, and there were no cell phones when you were in school.

Also, there is 30 more years of knowledge that need to be covered.

That's fine for excellent students, many students need individual attention.
I think many schools would benefit from employing tutors who work after school. Sure did me a hell of a lot of good during college

I think many schools would benefit from employing tutors who work after school. Sure did me a hell of a lot of good during college
I'd like to see more aides in the classroom as well. There is insufficient class time available to give all students personal attention.

Rand Paul is a ****ing idiot. I am glad his neighbor beat him up.

Thanks for five-year-old links, though, which are subsequently full of dead links.

Great thread.
yeah but he has a nice perm

Nothing surprising about government wasting our money. William Proxmire a US democrat Senator sponsored the Golden Fleece Awards every month from 1975 to 1988.
Here's a few good ones.
Keep in mind that Congress approved these expenditures.
You have zero idea what is wasteful or not or the benefits of scientific studies. In fact, its more valuable than the trillions we spend bombing and killing and babysitting the world so our corporations can exploit foreign countries.

Scientific studies leads to all the knowledge we have now, they help fund universities as research professors salaries are typically paid from grant funding they receive, and the knowledge gained from research leads to more knowledge and new technologies

it's not dumb or wasteful just because you can't comprehend the benefits or you don't like facts and science

Equal protection of the laws for unemployment compensation in our at-will employment States in exchange for organizing more militia to help mine precious metals for commodity money in our several States?

That way, we can solve simple poverty and organize more militia to help the corps of engineers, engineer more optimal solutions for our economy.

Where there any in there to begin with?
At least two of the three branches of our government have been run by Geriatric Children since 2016. Its absolutely pathetic what we as Americans have accepted as our “leaders.”

Back
Top Bottom