• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

There are no Adults left in the Room

How does that equate to the topic at hand.

Please stay on target.
Your post..."Those who built a business earned it. Please leave Marx in the classroom"
If you can't make the connection I understand better why you created your post.

Your post..."Those who built a business earned it. Please leave Marx in the classroom"
If you can't make the connection I understand better why you created your post.

Thats not the post associated with my last reply. It was:

And how was it that they earned the tax advantages associated with their business that is not available to other enterprises?

Let them try to duplicate their success in Afghanistan next year, there's tons of opportunities for successful entrepreneurs there.

Afghanistan has nothing to do with the topic or the thread.

As for taxes they pay 40-50% of the taxes so your question is moot.

Thats not the post associated with my last reply. It was:

And how was it that they earned the tax advantages associated with their business that is not available to other enterprises?

Let them try to duplicate their success in Afghanistan next year, there's tons of opportunities for successful entrepreneurs there.

Afghanistan has nothing to do with the topic or the thread.

As for taxes they pay 40-50% of the taxes so your question is moot.
Word salad.

I can remember more than the post I'm reading.

Different businesses are treated differently on taxation issues. Agriculture gets benefits retail doesn't and so on.

The Afghanistan reference refers to your 'The businessman is responsible for building his business'. comment. Bullshite. Entrepreneurs represent a portion of their success. The primary reason American businesses are successful is because they are in America.

Your tax level statement is certainly not settled. US tax policy has been f'ed up since Reagan. Remember when the USA was continuing an excellent economy in the 50's? Marginal tax rate was approaching 90%.

Word salad.

I can remember more than the post I'm reading.

Different businesses are treated differently on taxation issues. Agriculture gets benefits retail doesn't and so on.

The Afghanistan reference refers to your 'The businessman is responsible for building his business'. comment. Bullshite. Entrepreneurs represent a portion of their success. The primary reason American businesses are successful is because they are in America.

Your tax level statement is certainly not settled. US tax policy has been f'ed up since Reagan. Remember when the USA was continuing an excellent economy in the 50's? Marginal tax rate was approaching 90%.

Remember "The business of America is Business"- President Calvin Coolidge, the tax code on businesses is reflected with an understanding that it is important for the economy that the government foster a pro-business stance. The problem is that many do not recognize the importance of that concept, they instead look at it through the Lense of envy and why they can't have the wealth that someone else or some business generated. The concept from the Declaration of Independence is Equality of Opportunity, not equality of outcome. You are supposed to pursue it, not have it given to you.

Remember "The business of America is Business"- President Calvin Coolidge, the tax code on businesses is reflected with an understanding that it is important for the economy that the government foster a pro-business stance. The problem is that many do not recognize the importance of that concept, they instead look at it through the Lense of envy and why they can't have the wealth that someone else or some business generated. The concept from the Declaration of Independence is Equality of Opportunity, not equality of outcome. You are supposed to pursue it, not have it given to you.
Do you really think America provides equality of opportunity?
1641069058985.png1641069246851.png

View attachment 67366818View attachment 67366822
It should. Equal protection of the laws applies to all persons subject to our US jurisdiction. That is why some on the left are for solving simple poverty at the rock bottom cost of compensation for capitalism's natural rate of unemployment in our market based economy via existing legal and physical infrastructure in our republic.

View attachment 67366818View attachment 67366822

I attended large classrooms in the 70's and early 80's (25-30 per) in a rural school system getting up at 0"dark thirty and spending 45 minutes on a bus. I went on to attain two degree and 3 trade certifications. it's not the class size. It's the quality of the teachers and the students willingness to learn (my dad's belt didn't hurt for motivation). So yes America provides equality of opportunity.

It should. Equal protection of the laws applies to all persons subject to our US jurisdiction. That is why some on the left are for solving simple poverty at the rock bottom cost of compensation for capitalism's natural rate of unemployment in our market based economy via existing legal and physical infrastructure in our republic.
It should, but it doesn't. I also find it laughable that we claim equal protection under the law is here in America. Cash bail, incarceration rates and differing degrees of legal protection based on how much you can afford lay bare that lie.

I attended large classrooms in the 70's and early 80's (25-30 per) in a rural school system getting up at 0"dark thirty and spending 45 minutes on a bus. I went on to attain two degree and 3 trade certifications. it's not the class size. It's the quality of the teachers and the students willingness to learn (my dad's belt didn't hurt for motivation). So yes America provides equality of opportunity.
Ok boomer.

How many active shooter drills did you go through?

Sounds pretty petty to me. You guys are like children distracted by dangling keys.

Her point is legitimate. He is only one Senator from a small state that is a drain on federal resources and he can stop legislation all on his own. She represents something like half as many people as he does and her vote is more or less meaningless. Not that it stops the right from having a shitfit every time she goes to a nice salon.

Would it make you feel better if she used a Senator from a Dakota instead?
McConnel is like the cranky old guy that used to run my homeowner’s association that kept using up all the resources for his home and complained when someone else wanted to use them.

It should, but it doesn't. I also find it laughable that we claim equal protection under the law is here in America. Cash bail, incarceration rates and differing degrees of legal protection based on how much you can afford lay bare that lie.
And we are stupid enough to think private prisons leads to freedom… yeah riiight… they lead to the exact opposite every single time. Its no mistake that the black codes rose up about the same time states were relying on private prisons.

McConnel is like the cranky old guy that used to run my homeowner’s association that kept using up all the resources for his home and complained when someone else wanted to use them.

HOAs are the worst. I had a friend who served on hers and it was her and six cranky old guys.

HOAs are the worst. I had a friend who served on hers and it was her and six cranky old guys.
Eh now we get to use it for what it is intended for. Spreading out the costs

It does seem difficult to find a mature discussion on solving simple poverty via market friendly means. The legal and physical infrastructure already exists and can help promote the general welfare by providing for the general welfare.

It does seem difficult to find a mature discussion on solving simple poverty via market friendly means. The legal and physical infrastructure already exists and can help promote the general welfare by providing for the general welfare.

Highly subsidized trade schools. Massive investments in mental health care and addiction treatment (and rewriting our criminal justice system to meet this end). Standing/always available job positions for shit like gardening, and low skilled infrastructure. Safe and clean transitional housing. God forbid, maybe we make like the rest of the world and make healthcare and daycare free. Let's get some sick leave in there as well.

Also, for everyone the above doesn't capture, a place where you can sleep safely, bath, and get three meals a day if you really insist on not working. It's a waste of a life devoid of any kind of luxury, but it is a miniscule subsect of society we can afford to give the bare minimum to keep them off the street.

Step one is getting money out of politics. Once we are there, maybe we can get people in there who will look at our billionaire class and realize no healthy society would allow for them. Should be easy to afford from there.

Highly subsidized trade schools. Massive investments in mental health care and addiction treatment (and rewriting our criminal justice system to meet this end). Standing/always available job positions for shit like gardening, and low skilled infrastructure. Safe and clean transitional housing. God forbid, maybe we make like the rest of the world and make healthcare and daycare free. Let's get some sick leave in there as well.

Also, for everyone the above doesn't capture, a place where you can sleep safely, bath, and get three meals a day if you really insist on not working. It's a waste of a life devoid of any kind of luxury, but it is a miniscule subsect of society we can afford to give the bare minimum to keep them off the street.

Step one is getting money out of politics. Once we are there, maybe we can get people in there who will look at our billionaire class and realize no healthy society would allow for them. Should be easy to afford from there.
The point about subsidizing Labor to stay home and potentially provide their own or their neighbor's childcare is that it can be more cost effective and environmentally friendly.

Ok boomer.

How many active shooter drills did you go through?

More than I care to count in both the
military and and law enforcement.

and BTW, i'm a Gen Xer

More than I care to count in both the
military and and law enforcement.

and BTW, i'm a Gen Xer
We were talking about schoolkids, not adults.

Didn't realize gx'ers were using the 'back in my day' theory of how things should be too.

Upgrading our infrastructure, as public sector means of production, should generate general tax revenue to help pay for Government and help automatically stabilize our market economy and improve supply-side economics for the private sector.

Didn't realize gx'ers were using the 'back in my day' theory of how things should be too.
We've been doing the active shooter school thing for quite a while now.

Still working, not retired BTW. There's lots of Gen Xers in our early 40's and early to mid 50',s so don't assume we Are all retired and aren't current and up to date on battle drills or active shooter scenarios. We just went through a drill with local school in Sept.

BTW
Boomers ended 1964
Gen X 1964-1980

Upgrading our infrastructure, as public sector means of production, should generate general tax revenue to help pay for Government and help automatically stabilize our market economy and improve supply-side economics for the private sector.

Please, upgrading our infrastructure nay be a good thing overall but will serve only to give a short term boost in employment much like FDRs Public Works Programs. In the long term it will have a minimal to null effect on the economy.

Please, upgrading our infrastructure nay be a good thing overall but will serve only to give a short term boost in employment much like FDRs Public Works Programs. In the long term it will have a minimal to null effect on the economy.
I agree to disagree. Congress can create jobs by upgrading infrastructure whenever necessary and proper. And, equal protection of the at-will employment laws for unemployment compensation can help Individuals with their LIberty under our form of Capitalism.

Okay I see where my mind went on that, but active shooters have no bearing on class size. Point being if my teachers could manage and educate large classes why shouldn't teachers today? After everything was done by hand then, no computers to help out.

I agree to disagree. Congress can create jobs by upgrading infrastructure whenever necessary and proper. And, equal protection of the at-will employment laws for unemployment compensation can help Individuals with their LIberty under our form of Capitalism.
Its not Congresses job to create jobs. It to foster a business friendly environment so that the free market economy will do that naturally.

Back
Top Bottom