• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

There are no Adults left in the Room

".gov" or not, I won't be downloading anything directly from a DP link, especially with the entire ****ing internet in the dubious aftermath of a Zero Day vulnerability.

How about finding a source you can copy/paste some of and won't immediately trigger a download.

".gov" or not, I won't be downloading anything directly from a DP link, especially with the entire ****ing internet in the dubious aftermath of a Zero Day vulnerability.

How about finding a source you can copy/paste some of and won't immediately trigger a download.

Give me a couple

Also, Kpuppy, I think for the "Breaking News" forum, you'll need to include the title of the article in your thread title. Otherwise the thread might be moved to the "General Discussion" forum.

Lastly, after you click the "Edit" button, you'll need to stand on one foot, close one eye and scream like a chicken. At least, that's what I always do.

( :) )

Rand Paul is a ****ing idiot. I am glad his neighbor beat him up.

He wasn't so crazy until he got his ass kicked. That's when he stepped off the ledge. That's when he stopped caring about what he looked like. That's when it became about making noise.

Endorsing violence on a politician?

Admitting I laugh at the idea of something that happened and Paul seems to be fine aside from being one of the stupidest people in congress. I think he was like that before, though.

Read and be dismayed, and yet they want more and more of our Tax Dollars. There are no adults left in the room

Nothing surprising about government wasting our money. William Proxmire a US democrat Senator sponsored the Golden Fleece Awards every month from 1975 to 1988.
Here's a few good ones.
Keep in mind that Congress approved these expenditures.

Slide2v2.jpg

THE PROMISE: IT WILL BE A MIDDLE-CLASS TAX CUT

https://americansfortaxfairness.org › promise-will-middl...

Sept 14, 2020 — The richest 1% of taxpayers will get an average tax cut of $50,000 in 2020 from the Trump-GOP tax cuts. That's over 75 times more than the tax ...

Trump's tax cuts helped billionaires pay less than the working ...

https://www.theguardian.com › business › oct › trump-t...
Oct 9, 2019 — Economists calculate richest 400 families in US paid an average tax rate of 23% while the bottom half of households paid a rate of 24.2%

Trump promised massive middle-class tax cuts in 2016. He ...

https://www.usatoday.com › elections › 2020/10/27 › d...
Oct 27, 2020 — The GOP tax bill in 2017 gave households an average $1600 cut but the richest Americans, especially those making over $300000, got the most ...
*****************************************************************************************
1) Do Senator Rand Paul and his fellow Republicans consider themselves to be "THE ADULTS IN THE ROOM" when they voted for the "MIDDLE CLASS" tax cut in who in 2017?

2) Is this the same Senator Paul who apparently have the "MIDDLE CLASS" confused with the "TOP 1%" - who received 67.2% of the financial benefits associated with the $1.5 trillion tax cuts?

3) Meanwhile the other 99% of Americans, who are left to pay for the congressional Republicans' "generous" gift to the top 1%, are supposed to be grateful as they are left to squabble over the other 32.8%!

Last edited:
There are no adults left in the room
Yes, that is the biggest problem in this nation today.

There are no leaders who are respected for their personal integrity by all Americans.

For example, it would be wonderful if Dr. F. would retire and let someone who is more humble try his/her hand in uniting the American people in the fight against this dreadful virus.

For example, it would be wonderful if both the Democrats and Republicans had some politicians who acted like mature adults.

Slide2v2.jpg

Sept 14, 2020 — The richest 1% of taxpayers will get an average tax cut of $50,000 in 2020 from the Trump-GOP tax cuts. That's over 75 times more than the tax ...

Oct 9, 2019 — Economists calculate richest 400 families in US paid an average tax rate of 23% while the bottom half of households paid a rate of 24.2%

Oct 27, 2020 — The GOP tax bill in 2017 gave households an average $1600 cut but the richest Americans, especially those making over $300000, got the most ...
*****************************************************************************************
1) Do Senator Rand Paul and his fellow Republicans consider themselves to be "THE ADULTS IN THE ROOM" when they voted for the "MIDDLE CLASS" tax cut in who in 2017?

2) Is this the same Senator Paul who apparently have the "MIDDLE CLASS" confused with the "TOP 1%" - who received 67.2% of the financial benefits associated with the $1.5 trillion tax cuts?

3) Meanwhile the other 99% of Americans, who are left to pay for the congressional Republicans' "generous" gift to the top 1%, are supposed to be grateful as they are left to squabble over the other 32.8%!
Amazing every thing you just said is wrong and totally off topic.

LOL

1. The Rich pay a higher tax rate than the rest of us do. Per a chart titled "Half of Taxpayers pay 97% of Federal Income Taxes," the top 5% pay over 60% of taxes, while the bottom 50% of citizens pay 2.9% IF they pay taxes at all. https://taxfoundation.org/rich-pay-their-fair-share-of-taxes/#Burden

2. That "If they pay taxes at all" comes from the fact that "more than 1/3 of Taxpayers" pay no income tax at all due to "tax credits."

Now I am not one of either that "bottom 1/3," or that "top 5%." However, while the Trump tax breaks were in effect, I literally doubled the amount of money I was able to retain each year, as opposed to prior years. That was because I not only got taxed at a lower rate which meant less was taken out each pay period, but I also still got my "standard deduction."

I guess the big problem was that MY tax break expired, but that of the wealthy continued. They still pay 60% of income taxes.

How does this link refute jg's post?
The truth for one. The rates matter. What JG has done is post dollar amount as opposed to rates and percentages to make a patently false narrative.

The truth for one. The rates matter. What JG has done is post dollar amount as opposed to rates and percentages to make a patently false narrative.
Um, "rates and %", thats redundant, and pointing out what the rates changes mean in nominal levels in no way creates a falsehood, you just want to turn away from the effect.

It is patently clear that you have no idea what you're talking about. Rates can stay the same AND have most of the benefits go to the top. Geez, Louise, some of you people are so ill-informed.

So I start reading the report and the first points are the growth in 2021 spending over the 2020 spend. Seems pretty much an increase in line with inflation. I.e. no real increase, or at least pretty minimal. Next point is the increase over the past 10 years. But today we still have pandemic support spending, plus of course a decent amount of inflation over those 10 years as well.

I actually agree with the principle of constraining govt spending, but if you want to make a point about it, at least make it a well argued one. Rightly or wrongly I didn't read any further because the first things I read seemed so flawed..

It is patently clear that you have no idea what you're talking about. Rates can stay the same AND have most of the benefits go to the top. Geez, Louise, some of you people are so ill-informed.
What's patently relevant is that you have a jealousy index

Yes, that is the biggest problem in this nation today.

There are no leaders who are respected for their personal integrity by all Americans.

For example, it would be wonderful if Dr. F. would retire and let someone who is more humble try his/her hand in uniting the American people in the fight against this dreadful virus.

For example, it would be wonderful if both the Democrats and Republicans had some politicians who acted like mature adults.
Blame the person you see in the mirror for this-----and all the rest of the American people. Who do you think puts these guys in office?????

It's sad how true the "no adults" statement seems to be. Some other countries managed to make covid very nonpartisan and get all the key political influencers behind a single plan. The 'adults' stopped fighting and put the countries needs first.

For many of them that was key in achieving a massively lower death and illness rate. In the US however the country completely missed that silver lined opportunity to join together against a common foe, and instead became more divided than ever. Result being an incredibly high illness and death rate, plus an incredible amount of federal spending to prop up the economy. Worst of both options and the political divide is worse than it has been for decades (if ever). If nothing else, covid can be seen as a missed opportunity to find a common path to futite prosperity.

Back
Top Bottom