• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

There are more than two sexes among humans. Yes or no.

Unlike Chimpanzees, Humans Have More Than Two Sexes.

• Total voters
Last I checked, there were at least 15 genders. And every time I encounter one that is NOT my gender or doesn't suit MY definition of gender, I lose my breakfast and rush onto my favorite discussion forum to complain about it.

There are two sexes and more than two genders, some of which are strongly correlated with sex but none of which are inextricable from it.

Why do you care so much?
I care about it in the same way I care about other issues discussed on this forum. It's an interesting issue and fun to discuss. This is a discussion forum, nothing is accomplished here except having written discussions about political, social and cultural issues, mainly because people enjoy conversing or communicating about issues of the day, testing their own views and the views of others, learning about what others think, and working through arguments and assertions.

What about you? Why do you care so much?

There are two sexes and more than two genders, some of which are strongly correlated with sex but none of which are inextricable from it.
So a transwoman is of the male sex, and a transman is of the female sex, yes?

Last I checked, there were at least 15 genders. And every time I encounter one that is NOT my gender or doesn't suit MY definition of gender, I lose my breakfast and rush onto my favorite discussion forum to complain about it.
I've seen the list go up to 72, and some of which don't appear to be genders. https://www.medicinenet.com/what_are_the_72_other_genders/article.htm

Genderfuzz - more than one gender, blurred together. So, some humans, apparently, are born with multiple genders all blurred together, which doesn't make me lose my breakfast, but it does make the milk from my cereal come out my nose.

I care about it in the same way I care about other issues discussed on this forum. It's an interesting issue and fun to discuss. This is a discussion forum, nothing is accomplished here except having written discussions about political, social and cultural issues, mainly because people enjoy conversing or communicating about issues of the day, testing their own views and the views of others, learning about what others think, and working through arguments and assertions.

Meaning that you care nothing about the people involved. You're willing to erase someone who's intersex or nonbinary.

What about you? Why do you care so much?

For you to understand that would require your having empathy. That's something I can't teach you. 🤷‍♂️

Yes. A transwoman is a male woman. A transman is a female man.
I would find it more accurate to say that a transwoman is a male who identifies as a woman, because a transwoman is not a woman, but a male who with a gender identity of a woman. A woman is an adult human female, which is referring to sex. A man can identify as a woman, but a man cannot "be" a woman.

Technically there are hermaphrodites as a third sex.

There are multiple genders however.
Even the intersex have either a Y chromosome or they don't.

To me, the least controversial way to describe sex and gender is to identify sex by chromosomes, and identify gender by personal identification and affect. Phenotype is correlated but irrelevant. Male and female are how we label sex. Man, woman, boy, girl, transman, transwoman, two spirit, fluid, etc. are all gender labels, not sex labels. Although gender labels are strongly correlated with sex and phenotype, they are not synonymous with it, and it is possible to be a gender and phenotype that is not traditionally associated with your sex.

I would find it more accurate to say that a transwoman is a male who identifies as a woman, because a transwoman is not a woman, but a male who with a gender identity of a woman. A woman is an adult human female, which is referring to sex. A man can identify as a woman, but a man cannot "be" a woman.
This is not accurate though. Human males with total androgen insensitivity develop as girls and mature into women. They are born with a vagina and develop breasts during puberty. They often don't even know they have a Y chromosome unless they get a karyotype test. Discovering this fact doesn't take away the fact that they are women. They are women with a Y chromosome. In other words they are male women.

"Woman" is not just "an adult human female." Woman is a gender label, and as such is socially defined, not scientifically defined. Not all women are adult human females.

Meaning that you care nothing about the people involved. You're willing to erase someone who's intersex or nonbinary.
Oh, sure, I care about all people about the same. I mean, I care most about my wife and kids, my siblings and parents, and after that my cousins, aunts and uncles, and a bit less my second cousins and other more distant relatives and my close friends, of course, are dear to me as well. When it comes to the general population of 7 billion humans, I care about them all pretty much equally, in the humanist sense of wanting the greatest good for the greatest number. I don't have a special view of people either way when it comes to their sexuality or gender identity.

Willing to erase someone? I haven't erased anyone at all. There are two sexes. That has nothing to do with anyone who is gender non-binary, because gender is not sex. The other guy I just responded to agreed - a transman is a female man, is the way he put it - because sex is not gender. So the fact that there are two sexes among homo sapiens, just like pan troglodytes, that doesn't erase anyone's nonbinary gender.

And intersex is not a sex. They aren't erased. there are intersex conditions, but they don't constitute a third sex. Humans are apes - we're primates - like all other primates, we procreate via sexual reproduction, male and female, insemination, pregnancy, etc. Intersex conditions aren't a third sex, and there is no third sex involved in procreation. Again, that doesn't mean there aren't intersex people - they just aren't a third sex. Nothing insulting or erasing about that.
For you to understand that would require your having empathy. That's something I can't teach you. 🤷‍♂️
LOL, you couldn't teach me anything, of that I'm sure. But if it makes you feel better to pretend you know anything about me or my degree of empathy, then feel free to do whatever you like.

If you think it displays "empathy" however, to pretend that homo sapiens have three or more "sexes," then you are, however, sorely mistaken.

This is not accurate though. Human males with total androgen insensitivity develop as girls and mature into women. They are born with a vagina and develop breasts during puberty. They often don't even know they have a Y chromosome unless they get a karyotype test. Discovering this fact doesn't take away the fact that they are women. They are women with a Y chromosome. In other words they are male women.

"Woman" is not just "an adult human female." Woman is a gender label, and as such is socially defined, not scientifically defined. Not all women are adult human females.
He was clearly talking about trans people not people with birth defects.

Agreed it's birth defect that's like saying someone born without a left arm is an example of normal development that means Some humans just don't have a left arm.
Not having a left arm doesn't mean that you aren't still a human though, right?

He was clearly talking about trans people not people with birth defects.
The point is that those people with total androgen insensitivity are women with a Y chromosome. Therefore, not all women are female.

Last edited:
Maybe not to you.
It doesn't mean anything because you can't define it.

It's been turned into little more than a fashion accessory.

If you can define it as more than that and the definition makes the slightest bit of sense please.

Back
Top Bottom