• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

There are dozens of sealed criminal indictments on the DC docket. Are they from Mueller?

Don't want to be a party pooper...I know how much you love your "get Trump" speculation. I'll just say this: Let me know when/if you finally find out what those sealed indictments are for.

Okay?

You probably can't help but to be one. But anyway we all get it. We're all familiar with the schtick by now of not believing anything unless you are there personally for it. But I would think that any betting man would say that the odds are pretty damn good that a number of those sealed indictments are from Mueller. Meanwhile Mueller and former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort asked for a brief delay before updating a judge about Manafort's cooperation in the Russia investigation, saying they will have more to report in 10 days. So there could be some action after that.

You probably can't help but to be one. But anyway we all get it. We're all familiar with the schtick by now of not believing anything unless you are there personally for it. But I would think that any betting man would say that the odds are pretty damn good that a number of those sealed indictments are from Mueller. Meanwhile Mueller and former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort asked for a brief delay before updating a judge about Manafort's cooperation in the Russia investigation, saying they will have more to report in 10 days. So there could be some action after that.

Keep your speculative hope alive.

Meanwhile, I'll wait for some facts.

Keep your speculative hope alive.

Meanwhile, I'll wait for some facts.

Really? The absence of them never bothered you all that much before.

Mueller doesn't answer to the twitter peer pressure and the media/public perception of what he should and should not be doing. However. Whitaker is an idiot and Mueller likely doesn't care about him/knows how to play him.
Yep, I would suspect seasoned experienced FBI prosecutors, like Mueller & Rosentein, know how to work the system & the law to their advantage.

Whitaker is a political hack, a naive babe in the woods here. But Whitaker also is an attorney and a judge, and is aware he can go to jail if he obstructs - when the next Dem president appoints his new AG and Whitaker's actions are liable to criminal review. This might be one of those appointees where the new political hack gets in above his head, and realizes he's gotten more than he's bargained for. Similar to the predicaments of Don Jr., or Kushner.

What we do know is the 1) Mueller and his team were in the court quite frequently in September and October (behind closed doors) and 2) Judge Katsas, who worked in the white house before he become judge in the D.C. circuit, and promised to recluse himself on anything he worked on for the White house recused himself on those issues.

What those issues are is unknown. They are sealed, and the proceeding are behind closed doors.

People can make assumptions and conclusions based on those facts.
That's an interesting development, if accurate.

(I have no reason to not believe you)

That would be political suicide and bring on a far worse crisis than the Nixon Saturday Night Massacre.
You might be right, too a point.

Unless Trump or the GOP have promised Whitaker to take care of him post any Mueller actions, he has to consider his political future. He also has to consider the legal ramification of his actions in relation to obstruction, as his actions will be under Dem House review, and ostensibly under review by the next Dem appointed AG - particularly if Trump fails to get re-elected in 2020 (very possible in light of the 2018 elections).

I don't like speculation of this sort very much.

But I'll still be glad if it's right.
Well said!

Though I personally love speculation, if it doesn't jump to unwarranted conclusions; though I prefer to call it "analysis"!

;)

I don't like speculation of this sort very much.

But I'll still be glad if it's right.

I don't know if I would call it speculation as much as an educated guess. Since the people speaking of this are quite familiar and knowledgeable about these types of things are saying that in their experience this very unusual and likely significant. Given the backdrop of what has been going on and the timing of this surge of sealed indictments. Especially in light of recent events.

Last edited:
Really? The absence of them never bothered you all that much before.

And the absence of them never bothered your lot either. The tale of insanity from 2 months ago in the Senate Judiciary Committee proves that.

And the absence of them never bothered your lot either. The tale of insanity from 2 months ago in the Senate Judiciary Committee proves that.

Think some would say the Republican led Senate Judiciary Committee and insanity are not mutually exclusive things.

You might be right, too a point.

Unless Trump or the GOP have promised Whitaker to take care of him post any Mueller actions, he has to consider his political future. He also has to consider the legal ramification of his actions in relation to obstruction, as his actions will be under Dem House review, and ostensibly under review by the next Dem appointed AG - particularly if Trump fails to get re-elected in 2020 (very possible in light of the 2018 elections).
Don't forget, there can always be a request from the House to the DOJ Inspector General for an investigation of the AG's actions, should Whitaker put his fingers in their investigation.

What goes around, comes around, Republicans.

Yes you do live in an alternate reality. :lol:

At least it is alternate to your reality. It remains to be seen which of your realities is the truth (if either of them are)

Back
Top Bottom