• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Theorizing if Obama is the Anti-Christ, and if the World will end in 2012

Wake

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Is satan gathering mulitple team leaders to help him gather an army for gaining control over the world? I think the 4th(from our ancestors to our present day) world is slowly creeping to an end, and will soon turn to a new beginning. Although, firmly holding tight to what you believe, our minds may be distorted by our society. I tend to believe that Obama may be affiliated with satan to start WWIII. I'm paranoid and anxious for 2012, because it's near! I predict that humans will die off in 2012 either from pandemic disease, world warfare, and continuous murders and crimes.

Some signs have recently happened, are present, and soon to come. For example: the world events, and the statements from the Bible and its signs of the time. Technology is increasing rapidly; if you are not one of the engineered scientists of this day, I'm sad to say: you will never know the devices, weapons, or even the slightest bit of technology gathered in this era.

Some excess information may be found on the History channel, Conspiracy Theory, also Apocalypse Island. I get some of my information from these two sources.

* My cousin wanted to post this thread here. I ask all of you to not be rude or troll him. I ask that you be courteous and understanding.

I'm paranoid and anxious for 2012, because it's near! I predict that humans will die off in 2012 either from pandemic disease, world warfare, and continuous murders and crimes.

no worries! my god is powerful.. he won't let that happen.

christianity-thor-religion-funny-demotivational-poster-1234791600.jpg

* Again, I ask that you not troll or spam, please. Instead, refute his claim with respect. In turn, that will earn my respect for you.

* Again, I ask that you not troll or spam, please. Instead, refute his claim with respect. In turn, that will earn my respect for you.

Refute his notion that his god is weak and unable to defend him? umm.. my God is all powerful. I have Faith that He will prevail.

* My cousin wanted to post this thread here. I ask all of you to not be rude or troll him. I ask that you be courteous and understanding.

You'll come to learn that some lack that capacity...

Is satan gathering mulitple team leaders to help him gather an army for gaining control over the world?

That's a good question... and it would depend if satan in reality is a carnal being (with a body that you could touch), a spiritual explanation of 'good vs evil', or a psychological concept where some are more in tune with the 'snake' / 'reptilian' parts of the human brain (remember Satan is first represented as the serpent in the garden of eden).

That said, it seems that we are entering, in, or approaching what was prophetic writings of Revelations. One world government, cashless society, the mark on the hand or forehead... but I don't think things are actually 'set in stone' in any way.

I think the 4th(from our ancestors to our present day) world is slowly creeping to an end, and will soon turn to a new beginning. Although, firmly holding tight to what you believe, our minds may be distorted by our society. I tend to believe that Obama may be affiliated with satan to start WWIII. I'm paranoid and anxious for 2012, because it's near! I predict that humans will die off in 2012 either from pandemic disease, world warfare, and continuous murders and crimes.

I disagree... the economy still hasn't bottomed out... the US and europe had ALOT of wealth to be 'redistributed', you can't pull something like that off overnight. That said, I could see by 2012 that the wars would start to go global... there will come a time where muslims will realize that the 'western forces' are after ALL of them... then there are other factors like China and Russia... China is probably the biggest threat to the world at the moment, and owns most all of the US's debt. So, that's a wild card what China will do when it becomes apparent that the US cannot repay on that money.

Some signs have recently happened, are present, and soon to come. For example: the world events, and the statements from the Bible and its signs of the time. Technology is increasing rapidly; if you are not one of the engineered scientists of this day, I'm sad to say: you will never know the devices, weapons, or even the slightest bit of technology gathered in this era.

If you're going to take the biblical interpretation... the world government fails in the end... but not without casualties. Though I do agree that human technological advancement is centuries ahead of what is publicly available. Even the large hadron collider where these scientists are smashing random particles together, creating mini-black holes, and whatever... and these scientists legitimately think that there's a small chance they might do something to destroy the earth... and they do it anyway.

Is satan gathering mulitple team leaders to help him gather an army for gaining control over the world? I think the 4th(from our ancestors to our present day) world is slowly creeping to an end, and will soon turn to a new beginning. Although, firmly holding tight to what you believe, our minds may be distorted by our society. I tend to believe that Obama may be affiliated with satan to start WWIII. I'm paranoid and anxious for 2012, because it's near! I predict that humans will die off in 2012 either from pandemic disease, world warfare, and continuous murders and crimes.

Some excess information may be found on the History channel, Conspiracy Theory, also Apocalypse Island. I get some of my information from these two sources.

If Obama were the Anti-Christ, he would be far more charismatic and successful. In particular, he would be a master of diplomacy and almost every nation on earth would be following his lead.

As it is, most of his attempts at diplomacy have failed; his approval ratings are dropping; he is likely to be a one-term president. The Anti-Christ will be a leader and diplomat of epic proportions, the like of which the world has not seen in living memory.

Obama doesn't even come close to qualifying.

As for the 2012 thing.... this is based on a misunderstanding of the Mayan calender, combined with a lot of drama and hysteria. I wouldn't put any significance on the date. There is nothing in the Bible about 2012.

The Last Days will come sometime. Might begin tomorrow, might be next year, 10 years, 100 years, or 1000. I advise caution in reading too much into current events; interpretation of prophesy is a very tricky thing, and many many people have fallen into the trap of making predictions that turned out to be wrong.

Instead I advise simply to be spiritually ready for whatever may happen. Scripture is quite clear: "no man knows the day or the hour of the coming of the Son of Man; no not the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." Be prepared to either leave this world any time, or to live out a long life and see your grandchildren grown, because you do not know which it will be, and you are not supposed to know.

My 0.02

G.

On the bright side, it's probably all a load of old poop, and there's nothing to worry your head about.

Beware of the History Channel - they don't produce a whole lot of their own programming, instead they contract with production companies. Those groups rush productions through with a lot of pretty colors and snazzy titles but not much in the manner of any real highbrow content.

Matthew 24:36 says no man will know the hour so other than watching and praying, a whole lote of speculation beyond that is probably mostly counterproductive.

Isn't the antichrist supposed to be wildly popular among Christians?

Isn't the antichrist supposed to be wildly popular among Christians?

Wildly popular among almost everyone, actually. The implications are that he will rise from obscurity and achieve leadership of the world through charisma and diplomacy, and that at least in the first few years, be almost universally respected.

Why in the hell would any Christian care what a bunch of Aztecs have to say, since well they go by a different calendar, and believe in totally different things? Have we just all gone so stupid and asinine we can't even keep our own belief codes straight?

Why in the hell would any Christian care what a bunch of Aztecs have to say, since well they go by a different calendar, and believe in totally different things? Have we just all gone so stupid and asinine we can't even keep our own belief codes straight?

The Mayans were not aztecs

It's because there is NOT as much influence of christianity in the western world... there are PLENTY who claim to be catholics / christians, but most of those simply pay lip service to the bible, go to church and feel like they did their part... it doesn't work like that.

So, they took this bastardization of the mayan calender and it's meaning. (Any deep research you'll find that at the end of the mayan calender, much like you do with our gregorian calender is to just start the cycle over again with a new calender. Further, EVEN IF the end of the mayan calender was the end of the world, we can't say with CERTAINTY that 2012 is the same date as the end of their calender... rather that's simply the 'best guess'.

Finally, to the person the described that nobody knows the day or the hour and to not be too literal in interpreting biblical words. I DO tend to agree with you, that's why I used such an open ended way of saying that we are either approaching, entering or in the beginnings of what was written in revelations...

We do not yet have a 'world government', and that was quite clear one of the main points of the world stage in the time of tribulation, though at the same time there are many world leaders who OPENLY call for the creation of a global government body... so at the least we are approaching this time of the fulfillment of prophecy... BUT any church that tells you to 'give up because it's the end of the world' well, not only are they LYING to you, they are ALSO anti-christs in their own ways, because it is a COMMON THEME of the bible to fight corruption and to stand up for what is righteous and good EVEN IF it means getting struck down and killed... so these 501(c)3 churches have for all intentions sold their souls to the 'beast system' (many of them, not all by any stretch)

Wildly popular among almost everyone, actually. The implications are that he will rise from obscurity and achieve leadership of the world through charisma and diplomacy, and that at least in the first few years, be almost universally respected.

Well, since Christians are part of this almost everyone, then we can pretty much deduce that Obama is therefore one of the least likely candidates, no?

Well, since Christians are part of this almost everyone, then we can pretty much deduce that Obama is therefore one of the least likely candidates, no?

He's on his way to becoming one of the most universally loathed politicans we've ever seen - I doubt he's going to parlay that into a world dictatorship.

If Obama were the Anti-Christ, he would be far more charismatic and successful. In particular, he would be a master of diplomacy and almost every nation on earth would be following his lead.

As it is, most of his attempts at diplomacy have failed; his approval ratings are dropping; he is likely to be a one-term president. The Anti-Christ will be a leader and diplomat of epic proportions, the like of which the world has not seen in living memory.

Obama doesn't even come close to qualifying.

As for the 2012 thing.... this is based on a misunderstanding of the Mayan calender, combined with a lot of drama and hysteria. I wouldn't put any significance on the date. There is nothing in the Bible about 2012.

The Last Days will come sometime. Might begin tomorrow, might be next year, 10 years, 100 years, or 1000. I advise caution in reading too much into current events; interpretation of prophesy is a very tricky thing, and many many people have fallen into the trap of making predictions that turned out to be wrong.

Instead I advise simply to be spiritually ready for whatever may happen. Scripture is quite clear: "no man knows the day or the hour of the coming of the Son of Man; no not the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." Be prepared to either leave this world any time, or to live out a long life and see your grandchildren grown, because you do not know which it will be, and you are not supposed to know.

My 0.02

G.

Not only that, but the temple has not been rebuilt. We are not scanning barcodes (or subdermal chips) on our wrists to pay for things. We do not have a single world government. And there is no great loss of life on a scale we have never seen.

Last edited:
The Mayans were not aztecs

Mayans, aztecs, either one do not share the same calendar as us, nor same beliefs. What's next? A Buddhist has a prediction that 2025 is when the world ends and people freak out about it?

Mayans, aztecs, either one do not share the same calendar as us, nor same beliefs. What's next? A Buddhist has a prediction that 2025 is when the world ends and people freak out about it?

I dont think buddists have end of world prophecies ( just ones about reincarnation)

I dont think buddists have end of world prophecies ( just ones about reincarnation)

Yeah not until one of them thinks they can make money off of it. Like maybe sell software that helps your computer from not blowing up on you, or sell movies with the year in it.

The world wont' end in 2012. The Mayan calendar will end in 2012... and then start from the beginning. It's like arguing that the world will end on December 31 2010 because the Gregorian calendar ends then.

comic2-1549.png

03:14:07 UTC on Tuesday, 19 January 2038

Back
Top Bottom