• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Theologists How to Explain the Webb Telescope

rhinefire

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
How do believers in the Bible claiming the Earth was made in 6 days and 6,000 years ago. I am not being antagonistic, but it has long been a question I never get an answer to. It has to come up sometime, somewhere. Dinosaurs ruled the Earth for millions of years and yet no comment from any religions anywhere.

Dinosaurs ruled the Earth for millions of years and yet no comment from any religions anywhere.
From a Christian website, lmao.
Additionally, just because we find large bones doesn’t mean they actually belonged to any existing creature right? What if God just planted a ton of bones around for fun to mess with us? He does have a sense of humor after all.

How do believers in the Bible claiming the Earth was made in 6 days and 6,000 years ago. I am not being antagonistic, but it has long been a question I never get an answer to. It has to come up sometime, somewhere. Dinosaurs ruled the Earth for millions of years and yet no comment from any religions anywhere.
Most (ALL) "christians" cherry pick whatever suits them from the bible, but almost none of them actually buys into the cosmology in Genesis, which is quite obviously a concocted tale told to satisfy overly curious children.

What specifically are you looking for?

More modern theology the phrase is seen as a metaphor. But I see that is worming the claim to fit the narative that Jews are the only chosen people, God hates everyone else according to the theme of the day

However if you study the bible in context of time through archeology you find thousands on inconsistencies and, frankly, far too many exaggerations for me to accept any of the teaching.

Genesis is clearly the story of one group of Nomadic tribes through various authors, all of which try to present a case that they were the first; the birth of mankind, ignoring archeological evidence that other peoples, including Egyptians and Greeks were in existence at this point. And, the bible exaggerates to the point of fiction. There could not have been "600,000" Israelite men, which the Pharoh saw as a threat to himself. Archeology shows NO signs of such a mass of people ever in Egypt.

Nor have archeologists been able to find evidence of a large group of peoples wandering in the desert, no graves, no toilets trace theses, etc.

Every culture of the Mediteranian basis has a flood myth. And that tale, Noah and a boat is outright fiction. There never was a Noah, not such a boat.

Or those that think there is no other life in this insanely enormous universe, or it was all made just for humans.

More modern theology the phrase is seen as a metaphor. But I see that is worming the claim to fit the narative that Jews are the only chosen people, God hates everyone else according to the theme of the day

However if you study the bible in context of time through archeology you find thousands on inconsistencies and, frankly, far too many exaggerations for me to accept any of the teaching.

Genesis is clearly the story of one group of Nomadic tribes through various authors, all of which try to present a case that they were the first; the birth of mankind, ignoring archeological evidence that other peoples, including Egyptians and Greeks were in existence at this point. And, the bible exaggerates to the point of fiction. There could not have been "600,000" Israelite men, which the Pharoh saw as a threat to himself. Archeology shows NO signs of such a mass of people ever in Egypt.

Nor have archeologists been able to find evidence of a large group of peoples wandering in the desert, no graves, no toilets trace theses, etc.

Every culture of the Mediteranian basis has a flood myth. And that tale, Noah and a boat is outright fiction. There never was a Noah, not such a boat.
Israel had 400 more years to evolve from the meteor that struck the Indian Ocean in 2807 BC causing torrential rains around the globe where we get the stories, everyone wished they had an ark.

Samuel read the record before him and wrote the fictional love story Ruth, about Israel taking shelter in the Lord's work, and then began his record.

The gospels are accurate first hand accounts, so should be Daniel, but we don't know conclusively.

"It's a book like any other, the difference is we call this one the inerrant word of God."

The majority of christians believe the bible is apocryphal rather than literal. Stories and myths written to make points and teach lessons rather than convey actual facts.

The majority of christians believe the bible is apocryphal rather than literal. Stories and myths written to make points and teach lessons rather than convey actual facts.
The story of Adam and Eve is true, although not on this planet, 6000 years ago, no, the fall took place way back in the firmament before there were planets, in the first creation.

The vision of the three worlds comes to many priests and seers.

The story of Adam and Eve is true, although not on this planet, 6000 years ago, no, the fall took place way back in the firmament before there were planets, in the first creation.

Ok, then. The minority speaks up.

You sound like someone who is reading from his own gospel. Good for you! Have you ever considered starting your own cult? I think you could pull it off and probably be good at it. Your religion could ask for tithing at only 8% ! That's a 2% discount over most "christian" denominations, a bargain that should pull in its share of followers. With all the tax breaks for churches, you could still make a killing. Uh - maybe a bad choice of words. 🤔 Hopefully you wouldn't lead your flock to drinking Kool-Aid when the next shiny comet approaches.

If the past 6+ years have taught us anything, it's that there are literally millions of 'murricans who will believe absolutely anything!

Good luck!

Ok, then. The minority speaks up.
The Indian priests had to be told like Jonah to preach to the remnants of Jericho.

They were like, He's coming, then, over there, where are his people.

There's a very slight chance that we're only far displaced from a dimension in which it occurred.

Because 6000 years is a long time to anyone, even God, so from the beginning, you can have only six-thousand years till now, or get lost in the dimensions of time. This explanation may not be correct, God could make it correct if He wanted to or make it correct to you, which is what we seem to be trying to do, politically, we see example.

There is also no reason to believe in the dimensional explanation since the source of the scriptures is known.

You sound like someone who is reading from his own gospel. Good for you! Have you ever considered starting your own cult? I think you could pull it off and probably be good at it. Your religion could ask for tithing at only 8% ! That's a 2% discount over most "christian" denominations, a bargain that should pull in its share of followers. With all the tax breaks for churches, you could still make a killing. Uh - maybe a bad choice of words. 🤔 Hopefully you wouldn't lead your flock to drinking Kool-Aid when the next shiny comet approaches.

If the past 6+ years have taught us anything, it's that there are literally millions of 'murricans who will believe absolutely anything!

Good luck!
If I was going to **** everybody, I would already have done it.

No, I'm pretty straight, I might take cool-aid though, but I don't have to.

I like your idea of 8%, we can just throw out the 10% as Judeau-Christian, but what am I going to do when the Beast comes out with his own cult charging only 3%?

Good luck!
Let's see, I'd proselytize to keep people off the Moon, that'd be fun, conquest of power and economic control.

Keep them off Mars too, so as not to contaminate the dust.

Send them to Ceres, Vesta and Psyche.

I like your idea of 8%, we can just throw out the 10% as Judeau-Christian, but what am I going to do when the Beast comes out with his own cult charging only 3%?
No worries. By that time you'll already have a big position in French wines, precious metals, and Christo-Crypto-Currency. You'll be all set!

And lets no rule out selling After-Life Insurance! Lots of opportunities for "cross" marketing! 😇

No worries. By that time you'll already have a big position in French wines, precious metals, and Christo-Crypto-Currency. You'll be all set!

Well, you can see my third attempt at a website, I've got some of my ideas out there, but nobody's paying homage, nobody even writes. I think I'm going to pull the plug next June and save myself $500. Maybe later I'll try again with a cult presentation or vamp up my set.

No, I'm too embarrassed to start a cult.

The cult of the canceled hero, I would tell my story and everybody would go rioting through the streets, it's be a great time.

And lets no rule out selling After-Life Insurance! Lots of opportunities for "cross" marketing! 😇
I only need a million dollar investment, and I can have my properties, well you can have them, until I buy you out, that'll go forty years, empty swampland, interested?

I only need a million dollar investment, and I can have my properties, well you can have them, until I buy you out, that'll go forty years, empty swampland, interested?
Not today.

The Bible is a marvelous document which billions have known about for the past 1900 years. Full of great stories. Does every Christian believe those stories?
You tell me.

Well, you can see my third attempt at a website, I've got some of my ideas out there, but nobody's paying homage, nobody even writes. I think I'm going to pull the plug next June and save myself $500. Maybe later I'll try again with a cult presentation or vamp up my set.

No, I'm too embarrassed to start a cult.

The cult of the canceled hero, I would tell my story and everybody would go rioting through the streets, it's be a great time.
YOu could do better if you started a Tom Cruise cult. His is the hottest name on the planet today. Just avoid being sued by his lawyers.

From a Christian website, lmao.

And there you have it. Some folks get so deep in their beliefs they make up shit like god put them there for yuks but no such creature existed. After all, we all know god has a sense of humor like when he unleashed the great flood killing almost everyone and everything, it was a riot from what I hear.

After all, we all know god has a sense of humor like when he unleashed the great flood killing almost everyone and everything, it was a riot from what I hear.
He was just in a funny goofy mood. A certified prankster ;)

Most (ALL) "christians" cherry pick whatever suits them from the bible, but almost none of them actually buys into the cosmology in Genesis, which is quite obviously a concocted tale told to satisfy overly curious children.
How many of the so called christians on here say crazy shit all the time and then say they follow god's teachings?

YOu could do better if you started a Tom Cruise cult. His is the hottest name on the planet today. Just avoid being sued by his lawyers.
When I jumped up on the chair leading another of the children, the teacher scolded me, asking if I would do that at home (of course), it was because I wanted to be like Tom Cruise.

Back
Top Bottom