• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Theocracy thanks to liberals who refused to vote for Hillary

SonOfDaedalus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I just want to take time to vent about all the liberals who refused to vote for Hillary and allowed Trump to squeak by and turnover the SC to theocrats for generations. Imagine what the court would have looked like had Hillary won?

It frustrates me when ultra-liberals take this all-or-nothing approach and end up screwing things up for everyone.

More socialized medicine? Forget it. Labor right? lol. Gay rights? You'll be lucky if it's not illegal to be gay. Women's rights? gone.

Ultra-liberals are the most annoying group. They voted for Nader and gave us Bush and the Iraq war. They refused to vote for Hillary and gave us a lunatic and now a theocracy. Talk about self-defeating.

I just want to take time to vent about all the liberals who refused to vote for Hillary and allowed Trump to squeak by and turnover the SC to theocrats for generations. Imagine what the court would have looked like had Hillary won?

It frustrates me when ultra-liberals take this all-or-nothing approach and end up screwing things up for everyone.

More socialized medicine? Forget it. Labor right? lol. Gay rights? You'll be lucky if it's not illegal to be gay. Women's rights? gone.

Ultra-liberals are the most annoying group. They voted for Nader and gave us Bush and the Iraq war. They refused to vote for Hillary and gave us a lunatic and now a theocracy. Talk about self-defeating.
They gave us W, instead of Gore.....and then they gave us W (again) instead of Kerry....and they gave us Trump instead of H. Clinton.

That's

Your argument is completely valid, my friend.

Just imagine how different history would be if not for the disunity of the American Left.

The ultra-liberals voted for Hillary - not Trump.

It was independents who voted Trump into office - - not because they liked Trump, but because they loathed his opponent.

It was independents who voted Biden into office - - not because they liked Biden, but because they loathed his opponent.

I predict that independents will be consistent with their calculus and vote against Biden in 2024 - - just like they did in the two previous general election cycles.

I just want to take the time to vent about all the conservative Democrats who refused to vote for Bernie and allowed trump to squeak by and do all the harm he did, while they attacked Bernie like maniacs. Imagine what the country would look like had Bernie won?

But you raise the issue of "ultra-liberals" not voting for Hillary, so let's kill that myth/lie you have fallen for.

In 2008, Hillary lost to Obama. She held back her endorsement, until a meeting with Obama, after which she gave her endorsement - and he made her Secretary of State. Hm. But despite that, *25%* of her supporters refused to vote for Obama, greatly increasing the chances of the Republican winning - which would have put *Sarah Palin* in the White House with many other problems instead of Obama.

But conservative Democrats don't want to take responsibility for that; Obama won, so no problem, they claim. Nevermind that they were so selfish the celebrated their refusal to support the Democratic nominee by calling themselves "PUMAs" - "Part Unity, My Ass!". Those are your Hillary heroes.

In contrast, Bernie had history levels of support from outside the party. There were many who would never vote for Democrats, but said Bernie was their first choice and trump their second. For every independent who supported Hillary, Bernie got two. Bernie beat trump in polls more than Hillary.

But conservative Democrats refused to support the most liked candidate in modern history, Bernie, who was better on policy and politics, and instead forced the most disliked candidate in modern history except trump onto the party and the country, narrowly beating Bernie, with all the corporate money, the media blackout on Bernie, having the party help Hillary in many ways including debate scheduling, and so on.

Yet, when she grabbed the nomination in that corrupt manner, Bernie turned around and campaigned for her like no competitor has ever done. And only 10% of his supporters didn't vote for Hillary, unlike her 25%, despite how many of his supporters weren't even Democrats - suggesting that nearly 100% of his Democratic supporters supported Hillary.

Yet, the attacks on Bernie and his supporters from rabid Hillary supporters - with slander and lies that they're all sexist "Bernie Bros" - are still screamed, with false attacks like yours about their not voting for Hillary.

Fact is, It's the Democrats who supported Hillary who caused trump, and have never been honest to recognize it or take responsibility and still have the gall to blame Bernie and his supporters.

Oh, there's more garbage in your post? Bernie was better on every policy than Hillary - medicine, labor, gay rights as you list - the only issue Hillary had a chance on was women's rights. And the country and party greatly preferred Bernie's policies, but Hillary was able to keep that from getting votes.

Conservative Democrats are the most annoying group. Nader took votes about evenly from Gore and Bush, studies show, but conservative Democrats post lies attacking progressives. They refused to vote for Bernie and gave us a lunatic and now a theocracy. Talk about self-defeating. Two conservative Democrats have blocked Biden and Berne's entire BBB agenda for the country. I bet that's Bernie's fault, you'll say.

You could just as easily blame gun control proponents.

I just want to take the time to vent about all the conservative Democrats who refused to vote for Bernie and allowed trump to squeak by and do all the harm he did, while they attacked Bernie like maniacs. Imagine what the country would look like had Bernie won?

But you raise the issue of "ultra-liberals" not voting for Hillary, so let's kill that myth/lie you have fallen for.

In 2008, Hillary lost to Obama. She held back her endorsement, until a meeting with Obama, after which she gave her endorsement - and he made her Secretary of State. Hm. But despite that, *25%* of her supporters refused to vote for Obama, greatly increasing the chances of the Republican winning - which would have put *Sarah Palin* in the White House with many other problems instead of Obama.

But conservative Democrats don't want to take responsibility for that; Obama won, so no problem, they claim. Nevermind that they were so selfish the celebrated their refusal to support the Democratic nominee by calling themselves "PUMAs" - "Part Unity, My Ass!". Those are your Hillary heroes.

In contrast, Bernie had history levels of support from outside the party. There were many who would never vote for Democrats, but said Bernie was their first choice and trump their second. For every independent who supported Hillary, Bernie got two. Bernie beat trump in polls more than Hillary.

But conservative Democrats refused to support the most liked candidate in modern history, Bernie, who was better on policy and politics, and instead forced the most disliked candidate in modern history except trump onto the party and the country, narrowly beating Bernie, with all the corporate money, the media blackout on Bernie, having the party help Hillary in many ways including debate scheduling, and so on.

Yet, when she grabbed the nomination in that corrupt manner, Bernie turned around and campaigned for her like no competitor has ever done. And only 10% of his supporters didn't vote for Hillary, unlike her 25%, despite how many of his supporters weren't even Democrats - suggesting that nearly 100% of his Democratic supporters supported Hillary.

Yet, the attacks on Bernie and his supporters from rabid Hillary supporters - with slander and lies that they're all sexist "Bernie Bros" - are still screamed, with false attacks like yours about their not voting for Hillary.

Fact is, It's the Democrats who supported Hillary who caused trump, and have never been honest to recognize it or take responsibility and still have the gall to blame Bernie and his supporters.

Oh, there's more garbage in your post? Bernie was better on every policy than Hillary - medicine, labor, gay rights as you list - the only issue Hillary had a chance on was women's rights. And the country and party greatly preferred Bernie's policies, but Hillary was able to keep that from getting votes.

Conservative Democrats are the most annoying group. Nader took votes about evenly from Gore and Bush, studies show, but conservative Democrats post lies attacking progressives. They refused to vote for Bernie and gave us a lunatic and now a theocracy. Talk about self-defeating. Two conservative Democrats have blocked Biden and Berne's entire BBB agenda for the country. I bet that's Bernie's fault, you'll say.

Could you name who you were responding to in the above post?

Could you name who you were responding to in the above post?
Since I copied so much from the OP to show how it was false and I corrected it, I thought it was clear I was responding to the OP. But given how you're 'liking' his false comments and posting propaganda exaggerating the number of people who didn't vote for Hillary or Biden - hypocritically when it was HILLARY supporters who were PUMAs with 25% not voting for Obama - the points might disagree with some of your comments as well.

Actually Hillarites who are gnashing their teeth at T. Rump and wondering how this could happen in America, should look in the mirror. YOU were the folks who gave the public the untenable choice of T. Rump or the Wicked Witch of Waco!

Since I copied so much from the OP to show how it was false and I corrected it, I thought it was clear I was responding to the OP. But given how you're 'liking' his false comments and posting propaganda exaggerating the number of people who didn't vote for Hillary or Biden - hypocritically when it was HILLARY supporters who were PUMAs with 25% not voting for Obama - the points might disagree with some of your comments as well.

Let me put this simply, and it applies equally to ALL groups you referenced.

Like it or not our elections at the POTUS level ARE a "football game"...there's no such thing as multiple winners.
One team wins, the other loses.
If we want to WIN, regardless of our favorite choices, when the primaries are over, you need to vote for the nominee, otherwise you can count on the Republicans winning.
Simple as that.

I DID vote for Bernie both elections, you've even SEEN that I was ON his campaign trail earlier than most of the media, yes?
That little surprise visit to Canter's Deli in West Hollywood? You saw that clip, yes?

Difference is, unlike PUMA's or Bernie Busters, or anyone else, when the primary was over and Hillz was the nominee, I voted for her, same with Obama, same with Clinton, and so on and so on all the way back to my very first 1976 vote for "The Grin Will Win".

1656540209776.png

Since we're enjoying re-litigating the ugly history of the Hillary supporters, let's recall another case, where Hillary's campaign and the media slandered Bernie supporters with a major national news story about Bernie supporters 'rioting' and attacking Hillary supporters at a party event throwing chairs at them.

What actually happened was, with all the corruption Hillary's campaign was doing, at one such result a very understandably frustrated Bernie supporter didn't throw his lunch at the wall, but he expressed his frustration by lifting the chair next to him. He didn't try to throw it anywhere, and the other Bernie supporters next to him immediately had him sit it down. That was it. They lied, a lot. Slandered.

"Oh you were finished, allow me to retort!"

Let me take this moment to remind you and every other partisan that if Democrats put up someone better than a wannabe liberal who only became so when the votes were needed we would not be in this mess.

But hell no, you guys ran such a shit show aristocratic candidate that 'grab 'em by the *****' Trump of all people beat her. Going so far as to use rules already changes since so that insider party shenanigans all but guaranteed her nomination.

Good ****ing job!

Imagine if Obama/Biden had kept their pledge to codify Roe? Trump kept his pledge.

Let me put this simply, and it applies equally to ALL groups you referenced.

Then, I'll put this simply, stop defending Hillary's supporters for doing what they accuse Bernie supporters of doing, for not taking responsibility for supporting a terrible candidate over a great candidate which causes trump to win, and hypocritically blaming supporters; put your point, with which I agree, where it belongs, with the CORPORATISTS who 25% refused to vote for the nominee, Obama, and not at Bernie supporters where almost every Democrat voted for Hillary.

once Hillary was the nominee if you didn't vote for her (in swing states) you helped create this mess.

I couldn’t vote for Hillary. I’m too smart to vote for Trump. I voted for Johnson in 2016.

I didn’t make that mistake in 2020. I voted for Biden to make sure it didn’t happen again.

I wish I had voted for her in 2016. Remember until Trump came along I only ever voted for Republicans.

Then, I'll put this simply, stop defending Hillary's supporters for doing what they accuse Bernie supporters of doing, for not taking responsibility for supporting a terrible candidate over a great candidate which causes trump to win, and hypocritically blaming supporters; put your point, with which I agree, where it belongs, with the CORPORATISTS who 25% refused to vote for the nominee, Obama, and not at Bernie supporters where almost every Democrat voted for Hillary.
I'm not defending Hillary's SUPPORTERS.
I am pointing out the fact that if we don't want to see this country sink into fascism, we'd better put aside ALL our petty grievances and work in unity come election day.
You seem to forget that most of my posts on this issue stretch WAY back BEFORE Hillary, or Obama, or Bernie's candidacy.

1968, ultra-progs refused to vote for HHH, we got Nixon.
Same with Nader.
Lather, rinse, repeat.

And if you remember some of my other responses, pointed at those who "refuse to sacrifice my principles" my favorite response was

1656541112900.png

Sorry @Craig234 --- I respect your posts but you may be slightly overthinking this.
If we don't want Republicans setting the Constitution on fire, we'd better work as one .... 132 days from now.

Here we go again. Its up to Hillary to earn those votes, and motivate people to vote for her. More to the point, its up to the Democratic party to pick a nominee that will attract a broad coalition of support and win the right states . Carter did it. Bill Clinton did it. Obama did it. Even Joe Biden did it. If the voters in the primary fail to pick such a nominee, then they will not get their nominee into the white House. Hillary would have been a fine President,IMO, but she was not a particulary inspiring candidate for that office. She failed to win the nomination in 2008 despite being the frontrunner for a reason. We picked a winner in Obama instead of her.

Last edited:
once Hillary was the nominee if you didn't vote for her (in swing states) you helped create this mess.
I agree. BEFORE she was the nominee if you didn't vote for Bernie you helped create this mess.

Back
Top Bottom