• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Themid-term elections are over. Before/After

rjay

Rocket Surgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Before
The President mentions the threat posed by the Caravan on a daily (or more) basis

After
We hear very little about the Caravan from the President. We can guess
that the President would secretly love to have a bigger, scarier caravan start making
its way to the southern border in late fall of 2020.

---------

Before
Middle income tax cuts are coming, maybe by November 1st.

After
No talk of middle income tax cuts. Perhaps we will start to hear about them again in 2020.

---------
Before
We are going to end Birthright citizenship. "People" are telling me that I can do it with Executive Order.

After
I haven't heard the President mention this in recent days. I am guessing we will start to hear about this pressing issue again in 2020.

More often than not election time rhetoric is little more than rodomontade.

Before
The President mentions the threat posed by the Caravan on a daily (or more) basis

After
that the President would secretly love to have a bigger, scarier caravan start making

Sure. You can "guess" whatever you want. The multimedia echo chamber certainly wants you to do that. Heck, they help you do that by guessing for you. But don't forget...the media stopped talking about the caravans, too. They didn't go away, you know. Even now, the multimedia echo chamber doesn't want to talk about them.

Trump? He has already taken steps. He's prepared. Now we wait and see what happens.

---------

Before

After
No talk of middle income tax cuts. Perhaps we will start to hear about them again in 2020.

Congress...specifically, the House...starts legislation on tax cuts. Do you really think Trump should keep talking about them? Seriously?

LOL!!

---------

Before
We are going to end Birthright citizenship. "People" are telling me that I can do it with Executive Order.

After
I haven't heard the President mention this in recent days. I am guessing we will start to hear about this pressing issue again in 2020.

Trump doesn't always talk about what he's going to do. Don't be surprised when it happens.

In any case, what's wrong with pre-election rhetoric? Are you really so hypocritical as to make a big stink about Trump's rhetoric while ignoring the rhetoric from every single politician out there?

My advice: Join the real world.

Before

After

---------

Before

After

---------
Before

After

Left continues to talk about Russia/Mueller incessantly.

The same seems to have happened for UHC, the $15/hour MW, abolishing ICE, reducing the deficit and "free" college. Some things just work better as campaign 'issues' than they do as actual legislation.

Sure. You can "guess" whatever you want. The multimedia echo chamber certainly wants you to do that. Heck, they help you do that by guessing for you. But don't forget...the media stopped talking about the caravans, too. They didn't go away, you know. Even now, the multimedia echo chamber doesn't want to talk about them.

Trump? He has already taken steps. He's prepared. Now we wait and see what happens.

---------

Congress...specifically, the House...starts legislation on tax cuts. Do you really think Trump should keep talking about them? Seriously?

LOL!!

---------

Trump doesn't always talk about what he's going to do. Don't be surprised when it happens.

In any case, what's wrong with pre-election rhetoric? Are you really so hypocritical as to make a big stink about Trump's rhetoric while ignoring the rhetoric from every single politician out there?

My advice: Join the real world.

Here is what I found on taxes. I am sure there is more in regard to the other points.

And we intend to take swift action on this legislation at the start of the 116th Congress.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...-means-committee-republicans-regarding-taxes/

The election changed all that.

The only thing the Dems want to do is raise taxes.

Then it will be on them. However, this
After
is utter nonsense, according to the link.

---------
Before

After

LOL!!

---------

Oct 8 Federal Holiday Oct 8 - Columbus Day Oct 8 Federal Holiday
Oct 29 - Nov 12 Recess Nov 11 - Veteran's Day Oct 15 - Nov 9 Recess (No votes Nov 12)
Nov 19 - 23 Recess Nov 22 - Thanksgiving Nov 19 - 23 Recess (No votes Nov 26)
Dec 2 - Hanukkah begins Dec 3 No Votes
Dec 17 - 31 Recess Dec 25 - Christmas Dec 17 - 31 Recess

Believing Trump makes you a funnier guy.

Before

After

---------

Before

After

---------
Before

After

The basics behind MSM narrative manipulation. Ya' gotta' hand it to Trump. He is an excellent MSM manipulator. Putlls their strings like a puppetmaster and the faithful swallow. No thinking required. It's our Media that is letting us down. No objective reporting, just "pete and repeat." Spoon fed media.
/

Back
Top Bottom