• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

TheGoverness signing off....for now!

Hey all you DP people! 👋

I'm bidding you all farewell for a while. I'm basically gonna be taking some extended time off Debate Politics, and focusing specifically on my career. I'm putting all of my available energy into it, and I'm just trying to narrow stuff down in my life to keep my focus. I've landed a job, my first "real" job, and I am both stoked and unbelievably scared to death. It's gonna be quite a doozie, to say the least! I'm glad I've improved my issues with social anxiety ever since I first went to college. It's gotten so much easier for me to talk to people I am not familiar with without stuttering like an idiot, even in situations that make it difficult for me to not be nervous. I'm actually very proud of myself on that regard. You know how hard it used to be for me to even give class presentations? Ooof. Now I know how to smooth it out and give myself a good flow. I've done so much self-improvement on that front, and I really came out of college as a changed individual for the better. I made so many friends on my own, and though I'm fairly out of touch with most of them post-college, I've got a good group of friends I still talk to regularly. I'm also proud I was able to make so many friends on my own ability to do so, as before college, most of my friends were made through my fiancée. Us both going to different colleges was absolutely the smart decision in that regard, hands down. Also, being a veteran server has also helped me improve my people skills, as well as being able to say a firm "no" to strangers that are acting unruly and rude, or doing something they shouldn't be doing. Basically, I know how to assert myself and not get walked over. Is this the job that I was looking for? Nope. But it's a foot in the door to build up experience! And with good pay, too! 💸 Wouldn't be smart in being overly picky on that regard, anyway. I'm glad I already did my shopping for business clothing! 😌

I am in sort of a paradigm shift period in my life (I don't really have the best words to describe it). My fiancée has been doing very well at her job (very well is putting it mildly), and she's making a whole lot of money with it. It's not like I wasn't bringing in money after college, mind you, but not nearly as much as her, and I want to provide more, and make more, as well as actually do something in my degree field. I didn't suffer through those all-nighters shoving ramen noodles in my mouth at 2AM for nothing! 🍜 I did sort of start to feel inadequate compared to her, and I know that's really not the "right" feeling to have, but I certainly felt it. I think I just got scared of not being able to feel 'successful' in my own right; stupid fear but my brain does that sometimes. I on the other hand, was sort of 'coasting' post-college; I just found some solitude in just keeping my serving job for a while and making money that way, but it got to a point where I just had to move on.

This isn't goodbye, I'm sure. I hope that when I do return to Debate Politics, I'll be living in my own place, and married (finally). It's high-time that we move out and plant our roots in a place that we can call home together (but ooof am I gonna hate moving, though, so tedious), and it's good we have to money saved up to do so. We are going to be aiming for a townhouse! I don't believe in "soul mates" or whatnot, but Cassie's about the closest thing to that I can think of. We've stuck it out for so long together, and we've been through a heap of tribulations and emotional turmoil, but we made it out together as a unit. I feel like the luckiest woman in the world; marrying the person I've been in a relationship with since middle school! Our wedding is going to be very low-key and probably pretty informal, as neither of us are big wedding people, nor do we care about any sort of extravagance (though if you enjoy that kind of wedding, I'm not knocking you for that). It's just not the point of a wedding for us. It's more about having fun with people that we care about, and enjoying ourselves in the way that's comfortable with us. I'm looking forward to sharing the rest of my life with her; no other human being will ever compare in my mind.

I'm ready for the challenges ahead, I am ready to tie the knot, I am ready for all of it! I've made it this far, so why not more? 😎 I didn't want to leave you all without saying a proper goodbye. I love a whole lot of you, and I wish you all the best! I'll be seeing you all when I see you! 😘

(...and don't forget--remember to get out and vote in the midterms, people! 🗳 )

Hey all you DP people! 👋

I'm bidding you all farewell for a while. I'm basically gonna be taking some extended time off Debate Politics, and focusing specifically on my career. I'm putting all of my available energy into it, and I'm just trying to narrow stuff down in my life to keep my focus. I've landed a job, my first "real" job, and I am both stoked and unbelievably scared to death. It's gonna be quite a doozie, to say the least! I'm glad I've improved my issues with social anxiety ever since I first went to college. It's gotten so much easier for me to talk to people I am not familiar with without stuttering like an idiot, even in situations that make it difficult for me to not be nervous. I'm actually very proud of myself on that regard. You know how hard it used to be for me to even give class presentations? Ooof. Now I know how to smooth it out and give myself a good flow. I've done so much self-improvement on that front, and I really came out of college as a changed individual for the better. I made so many friends on my own, and though I'm fairly out of touch with most of them post-college, I've got a good group of friends I still talk to regularly. I'm also proud I was able to make so many friends on my own ability to do so, as before college, most of my friends were made through my fiancée. Us both going to different colleges was absolutely the smart decision in that regard, hands down. Also, being a veteran server has also helped me improve my people skills, as well as being able to say a firm "no" to strangers that are acting unruly and rude, or doing something they shouldn't be doing. Basically, I know how to assert myself and not get walked over. Is this the job that I was looking for? Nope. But it's a foot in the door to build up experience! And with good pay, too! 💸 Wouldn't be smart in being overly picky on that regard, anyway. I'm glad I already did my shopping for business clothing! 😌

I am in sort of a paradigm shift period in my life (I don't really have the best words to describe it). My fiancée has been doing very well at her job (very well is putting it mildly), and she's making a whole lot of money with it. It's not like I wasn't bringing in money after college, mind you, but not nearly as much as her, and I want to provide more, and make more, as well as actually do something in my degree field. I didn't suffer through those all-nighters shoving ramen noodles in my mouth at 2AM for nothing! 🍜 I did sort of start to feel inadequate compared to her, and I know that's really not the "right" feeling to have, but I certainly felt it. I think I just got scared of not being able to feel 'successful' in my own right; stupid fear but my brain does that sometimes. I on the other hand, was sort of 'coasting' post-college; I just found some solitude in just keeping my serving job for a while and making money that way, but it got to a point where I just had to move on.

This isn't goodbye, I'm sure. I hope that when I do return to Debate Politics, I'll be living in my own place, and married (finally). It's high-time that we move out and plant our roots in a place that we can call home together (but ooof am I gonna hate moving, though, so tedious), and it's good we have to money saved up to do so. We are going to be aiming for a townhouse! I don't believe in "soul mates" or whatnot, but Cassie's about the closest thing to that I can think of. We've stuck it out for so long together, and we've been through a heap of tribulations and emotional turmoil, but we made it out together as a unit. I feel like the luckiest woman in the world; marrying the person I've been in a relationship with since middle school! Our wedding is going to be very low-key and probably pretty informal, as neither of us are big wedding people, nor do we care about any sort of extravagance (though if you enjoy that kind of wedding, I'm not knocking you for that). It's just not the point of a wedding for us. It's more about having fun with people that we care about, and enjoying ourselves in the way that's comfortable with us. I'm looking forward to sharing the rest of my life with her; no other human being will ever compare in my mind.

I'm ready for the challenges ahead, I am ready to tie the knot, I am ready for all of it! I've made it this far, so why not more? 😎 I didn't want to leave you all without saying a proper goodbye. I love a whole lot of you, and I wish you all the best! I'll be seeing you all when I see you! 😘

Best of luck and don't be gone too long!

OMG DP is going to SUCK without you! 💔😭💔
But I do understand, life is waiting for you to grab it by the proverbial horns.
By the way, "soulmate" describes someone who quite simply satisfies your soul and anything to the contrary is bunk because it's possible to wind up discovering more than one, as I am proof of it.
I pined away for the girl I USED to think was my only "soulmate" for years.
Then I met this gal, who turned out to be the soulmate who WOULD marry me after all.

Karen two-fer.jpg

Go get em, girl!
Just know that you are definitely going to be missed!

Glad you came back this time, was good to meet you after hearing so many things. Good luck with the new job, and hope to see you around again sometime.

Hey all you DP people! 👋

I always enjoyed your posts, and can't wait for your return to DP. Also congratulations on the wedding, and many happy years together.

Hey all you DP people! 👋

This isn't goodbye, I'm sure. I )

The transition is going to be difficult; you are wise to pare down first and then see what else there is.

I suffer the same strain of anxieties as you. All my life. I couldn't get dates because I would be so nervous I'd end up with popcorn all down her dress.

I went into radio. A "safe" working environment where you are dealing with people mostly by phone; the listeners can't see you and you can't see them.

I laud you in your efforts, too few people accept the challenge.

You are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness. Just remember, there are a lot of assholes out there, don't let them count for anything.

You are moving into the happiest days of your life. That I guarantee!

Bon chance

Aw, was just getting use to seeing you around here too!

I wish you the best. Stopping to focus on career is a great move, you've got some brains. I remember giving up Ultima Online to focus on career and social, and it was a good move. I think it will be good for you too.

Hey all you DP people! 👋

We'll keep the light on for ya 👍

I am allotting you 3 weeks to get all this done. That's 21 days. Get cracking and get back here - by Oct 21 .

Hey all you DP people! 👋

Fare thee well, TheGoverness.

Hey all you DP people! 👋

This isn't goodbye, I'm sure. I hope that when I do return to Debate Politics, I'll be living in my own place, and married (finally). It's high-time that we move out and
I have a very good feeling about your positive attitude and progressive philosophy. You deserve to be content and happy with all your hard work.

You have always been very kind towards me though we don't always agree with everything politically. I wish you and your fiance all the love, health, and happiness you can hold.

I hope to see you again once you come back.

Knock'em dead kid. :)

Sincerely, grip

Take care and enjoy, Guv! We'll certainly miss you. :love:

@TheGoverness - May your Best Times lie ahead!

Never going to forget your College Vacation Journal posts when you and your fiancé went Theme Park hopping eastbound from Texas to Key West, then westbound to California and Hawaii before you returned home to Texas!

No ordinary couple could have ever kept up your pace!

You have bared your soul to your DP Family. No one escapes their Karma. You constantly fill up your Karma Bank! Feel some Trippy T. Love ❤️

Hey all you DP people! 👋
<snipping for space>

Well this makes me sad but I certainly understand why! I took a 2 month break after I was able to escape from Italy at the start of Covid - needed that time to clear my head and all that.

You are and always have been one of my very favorite people on here, girlfriend. You are just awesome. I predict really amazing things from you, and I really hope that you come back here soon to even briefly update us on your successes. Much love to you. And give my love to Cassie!!

The Governess:

I wish you good fortune and great prosperity in this new chapter of your life. Take the world around you by storm and shine as a beacon of hope and inspiration for others around you who are also plagued by anxiety from public interaction. Go get 'em and enjoy your pursuit of happiness! When the time comes, best wishes for your planned wedding too!

Cheers and be great.
Evilroddy.

All the best to you as you pour yourself into these life changes and opportunities!

Hey all you DP people! 👋

(edited for length purposes.)

Go kick some butt and make some money, friend. Hope luck smiles and provides plenty of opportunity you can take advantage of. Remember when you die its not going to be about your work it going to be did you make time for yourself and your family. Money is great only if you can use it or give it someone who can. Cheers till we see ya again. 🍻

Back
Top Bottom