• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The "zimmerman shouldn't be arrested or charged in the first place" mantra continues

dolphinocean

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Funny how we kept hearing some hardcore pro-zimmerman supporters still kept harping on and on about the prosecution having no case whatsoever. That it was an open and shut case of malicious prosecution of an "innocent" man who committed no crime and shouldn't be arrested or charged in the first place.

Now we have the jury who had listened to all the testimonies and forensic evidence. And if it was a clean open and shut case of malicious prosecution, wouldn't the jury would have seen what these hardcore pro-zimmerman zealots have seen and acquit in mere seconds?

Instead we have the jury asking for a list of evidence and deliberated for three hours or so without a decision yet. Yep, a simple open and shut case of no case alright.

I guess the jury, the current judge and two previous judges and the prosecutors are all bias and are out to get the so "innocent" zimmerman who did nothing wrong except was minding his own business and had to defend himself from a brutal attack coming from nowhere.

Re: The "zimmerman shouldn't be arrested or charged in the first place" mantra contin

Funny how we kept hearing some hardcore pro-zimmerman supporters still kept harping on and on about the prosecution having no case whatsoever. That it was an open and shut case of malicious prosecution of an "innocent" man who committed no crime and shouldn't be arrested or charged in the first place.

Now we have the jury who had listened to all the testimonies and forensic evidence. And if it was a clean open and shut case of malicious prosecution, wouldn't the jury would have seen what these hardcore pro-zimmerman zealots have seen and acquit in mere seconds?

Instead we have the jury asking for a list of evidence and deliberated for three hours or so without a decision yet. Yep, a simple open and shut case of no case alright.

I guess the jury, the current judge and two previous judges and the prosecutors are all bias and are out to get the so "innocent" zimmerman who did nothing wrong except was minding his own business and had to defend himself from a brutal attack coming from nowhere.

Get real, will you please? How many murder trials in your lifetime do you think had a jury verdict in "mere seconds"? Do you realize that the expectation of a unanimous decision means it could be as few as one juror still pondering?

Re: The "zimmerman shouldn't be arrested or charged in the first place" mantra contin

Anyone who thinks they know what a jury's going to do is whistling Dixie. They are unpredictable. Both sides, prosecution and defense, are on the edge of their seats -- and will be until the verdict comes in.

Bravado notwithstanding.

Bypassing having a citizens grand jury determine whether there was sufficient evidence for a trial to instead have politicians singularly make the decision (which the DA and judge who decide are) - and vetoing the police to do so - is the proof this was not a case legitimately brought to trial. Until the jury (from a jury pool selected also by a politician/government) decides - the singularly reason for this trial has IN FACT been by politicians. BTW - those politicians who actually brought this to trial are all Republicans.

Anyone who thinks they know what a jury's going to do is whistling Dixie. They are unpredictable. Both sides, prosecution and defense, are on the edge of their seats -- and will be until the verdict comes in.

Bravado notwithstanding.
You misunderstood my point altogether. It's not about what the jury's going to do. It's about what pro-zimmerman zealots claiming this is a very simple clear cut case of no case for the prosecution to even arrest and charge zimmerman. If it's so clear, it won't be dragging this long....

Get real, will you please? How many murder trials in your lifetime do you think had a jury verdict in "mere seconds"? Do you realize that the expectation of a unanimous decision means it could be as few as one juror still pondering?
Obviously in real life a self-styled "Mathematician" would need few hours to few days to figure out that a simple 1 + 1 is not equal to 3 and not a split second to realize the error.

Bypassing having a citizens grand jury determine whether there was sufficient evidence for a trial to instead have politicians singularly make the decision (which the DA and judge who decide are) - and vetoing the police to do so - is the proof this was not a case legitimately brought to trial. Until the jury (from a jury pool selected also by a politician/government) decides - the singularly reason for this trial has IN FACT been by politicians. BTW - those politicians who actually brought this to trial are all Republicans.
What?

Obviously in real life a self-styled "Mathematician" would need few hours to few days to figure out that a simple 1 + 1 is not equal to 3 and not a split second to realize the error.

The cumulation of testimony in a trial is not 1+1, now is it? Silent when witnessing the trial, a debate must be held by the jurors when both sides rest their case. It's not just a quick vote and then return the result, even if all votes agree. Each juror must back their decision in a fair trial.

Since Zimmerman has been arrested, tried, and we're waiting for the verdict now I believe that we can discard the 'Zimmerman shouldn't be arrested and tried' idea, eh?

I takes 10 hours just to fill out the damn verdict forms and you want to say that means something?
:doh
Ridiculous.

And yes I am exaggerating. It only takes a few, but the substance is still the same.

BTW - those politicians who actually brought this to trial are all Republicans.

I concur.

The Democrats were leaning towards the Black Panthers $10,000 bounty on the killing of George Zimmerman.

MSNBC had already tried and convicted Zimmerman before any charges were even filed so why even have a trial ?

If Obama had a son, he would look just like Trayvon Martin, a druggie street thug. Obama's said it, not I.

The jury would be vilified if they came back with a result too quickly.

Right, the jury is in there doing needlepoint so they don't look bad.

Right, the jury is in there doing needlepoint so they don't look bad.
Don't be absurd. They are crocheting. :mrgreen:

As well as losing their cushy hotel rooms..free food..and fee..

The cumulation of testimony in a trial is not 1+1, now is it? Silent when witnessing the trial, a debate must be held by the jurors when both sides rest their case. It's not just a quick vote and then return the result, even if all votes agree. Each juror must back their decision in a fair trial.
If it's a very simple open and shut case that called for no arrest let alone being charge, as some hardcore pro-zimmerman zealots and news pundits have been telling us even up to this point of jury deliberation, shouldn't the jury have already put one plus one together and come up with the same conclusion within minutes if not seconds?

Instead, we have the jury deliberating for more than 13 hours and now is asking for clarification on manslaughter. Whatever the verdict, why can't you people admit that this case should be going to trial and not summarily dismissed by the attorney general and police chief in a dept that had history of sweeping cases under the rug for some nefarious reasons? So, to those who continue to accuse the prosecutors of malicious prosecution and saying zimmerman should sue the state, etc, you need to stop instead of looking foolish here.

Since Zimmerman has been arrested, tried, and we're waiting for the verdict now I believe that we can discard the 'Zimmerman shouldn't be arrested and tried' idea, eh?
Those zealots and news pundits still continue to throw that out as we speak.

The jury in OJ's murder got it wrong, no reason this one can't get it wrong either. Based on what I saw, and I saw a good deal of the trial he'd have been let go in 5 minutes flat after jury instructions. I for the life of me don't know how any respectible judge could have let this charade of political correctness run amuck let this go to a jury in the first place. I'm very tired of "haters" around this place and others that "know" what Zimmerman was thinking and put their politics ahead of justice. Shame on them.

I thought they were posting on debatepolitics?

Don't be absurd. They are crocheting. :mrgreen:

If it's a very simple open and shut case that called for no arrest let alone being charge, as some hardcore pro-zimmerman zealots and news pundits have been telling us even up to this point of jury deliberation, shouldn't the jury have already put one plus one together and come up with the same conclusion within minutes if not seconds?

Instead, we have the jury deliberating for more than 13 hours and now is asking for clarification on manslaughter. Whatever the verdict, why can't you people admit that this case should be going to trial and not summarily dismissed by the attorney general and police chief in a dept that had history of sweeping cases under the rug for some nefarious reasons? So, to those who continue to accuse the prosecutors of malicious prosecution and saying zimmerman should sue the state, etc, you need to stop instead of looking foolish here.

YyyyyyYyyYyyyyYyyyYyyyyyyYyYyYep!!! Think of all the money we can save by never calling another grand jury. Just get the mayor's office together hold a press conference with a "race baiter" attorney and decide to file charges against folks!! Heck we'll have streams of people wanting to take part in that society!! I can't wait! Where do I sign up???

We've already seen it from the IRS, how far off is it for posting contrary statements on here?

Who needs laws. Heck who needs law enforcement. All you really need is a couple of folks who decide who gets charged. You know, come to think of it, why even have a trial at all??? Evidence? witnesses?? A police investigation where the lead detective does his work and says he believes GZ, FIRE THAT GUY!!!! He's incompetent!! You don't need a police force to investigate, just let the Mayor's office handle it!!

Last edited:

Bolded = What????????

Bolded = What????????

LOL! Yeah, I second that with a "Whiskey tango foxtrot?"

YyyyyyYyyYyyyyYyyyYyyyyyyYyYyYep!!! Think of all the money we can save by never calling another grand jury. Just get the mayor's office together hold a press conference with a "race baiter" attorney and decide to file charges against folks!! Heck we'll have streams of people wanting to take part in that society!! I can't wait! Where do I sign up???

We've already seen it from the IRS, how far off is it for posting contrary statements on here?

Who needs laws. Heck who needs law enforcement. All you really need is a couple of folks who decide who gets charged. You know, come to think of it, why even have a trial at all??? Evidence? witnesses?? A police investigation where the lead detective does his work and says he believes GZ, FIRE THAT GUY!!!! He's incompetent!! You don't need a police force to investigate, just let the Mayor's office handle it!!
You are going off the deep end. This case is in the trial court for how many weeks where the jurors were presented with all the evidence and testimony? If it is a baseless case, it wouldn't be hanging here for more than 15 hours and still going, mayor's office or not.

Obviously the ones who think they don't need laws are your side and the corrupt SPD with its disgraced police chief who had unilaterally determined zimmerman was innocent and cut him loose. Remember, they did a lousy job and bungled this case because they had already decided their case even before the medical examiner had concluded their findings. This jury has seen all the completed evidence and yet didn't just snap their fingers and let zimmerman walked in snap seconds like those running away wolfinger and bill lee. They are still deliberating...

Back
Top Bottom