• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The year in pot: States embrace legalization, but questions persist

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...mbrace-legalization-questions-persist-n953396

Marijuana, the most widely used illegal drug in the U.S., is winning approval state by state and impressing investors. But researchers still caution against its use.

2018 has been a banner year for the legal marijuana industry, as the national market for weed skyrocketed and five more states legalized it, reflecting widespread popular support.

This year, Vermont and Michigan became the ninth and 10th states to legalize recreational marijuana, which is also legal In the District of Columbia. And voters in Missouri, Oklahoma and Utah overwhelmingly approved ballot measures making medical marijuana legal. That means 33 states plus D.C. now approve the illicit drug for medical use, raising the question of whether the U.S. will follow Canada’s lead in legalizing marijuana nationwide.
=======================================
New York & New Jersey are ready to approve recreational use of MJ in 2019.

The strength of the MJ today, based on the amount of the psychoactive component THC, has tripled since 1995.

Chronic use of MJ by younger people has been linked to learning dysfunction. IOW, they no longer care.

There are other problems associated with the legalization of MJ. One major concern is the unwillingness of banks & credit card companies to get involved with the MJ business, creating the difficulties of handling & processing huge amounts of cash. Their concern is the Federal ban on MJ & the potential downside of getting involved in drug trafficking.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...mbrace-legalization-questions-persist-n953396

Marijuana, the most widely used illegal drug in the U.S., is winning approval state by state and impressing investors. But researchers still caution against its use.

2018 has been a banner year for the legal marijuana industry, as the national market for weed skyrocketed and five more states legalized it, reflecting widespread popular support.

This year, Vermont and Michigan became the ninth and 10th states to legalize recreational marijuana, which is also legal In the District of Columbia. And voters in Missouri, Oklahoma and Utah overwhelmingly approved ballot measures making medical marijuana legal. That means 33 states plus D.C. now approve the illicit drug for medical use, raising the question of whether the U.S. will follow Canada’s lead in legalizing marijuana nationwide.

The strength of the MJ today, based on the amount of the psychoactive component THC, has tripled since 1995.

Chronic use of MJ by younger people has been linked to learning dysfunction. IOW, they no longer care.

There are other problems associated with the legalization of MJ. One major concern is the unwillingness of banks & credit card companies to get involved with the MJ business, creating the difficulties of handling & processing huge amounts of cash. Their concern is the Federal ban on MJ & the potential downside of getting involved in drug trafficking.

It’s not that banks are unwilling to deal with the marijuana industry outright, it’s because they can’t because it’s federally illegal. Once the fed gets out of it, the banks will be willing to get involved.

That rather depends on who grew it and how. Stronger pot is definitely more prevalent these days, and the strongest is definitely a step or three ahead, but I wouldn't go that far.

What do you mean "they no longer care"? Which "they"?

Alcohol has been linked to even worse learned dysfunction, and worse. Adults don't say "yeah, let's make that even harder to get!" Shouldn't the line be drawn in a reasonably objective fashion?

Strength?

wax.jpgshatter.jpg

waxcoil.jpgcartridge.jpg

85%+

Tech surpassed breeding in strength.

I used to smoke pot back in the 70s & 80s but the stuff got so potent compared to the ditch weed I had started with that it made me paranoid, so I quit.

While traveling through NC on business, I met the PhD researcher who had led the Pfizer team that came up with CP-47,497, one of the first cannabimimetic drugs. He told me that MJ can produce dysphoria as well as euphoria. The stuff around today is much more potent than the stuff that made me paranoid - the dysphoria side of pot.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CP_47,497

I used to smoke pot back in the 70s & 80s but the stuff got so potent compared to the ditch weed I had started with that it made me paranoid, so I quit.

While traveling through NC on business, I met the PhD researcher who had led the Pfizer team that came up with CP-47,497, one of the first cannabimimetic drugs. He told me that MJ can produce dysphoria as well as euphoria. The stuff around today is much more potent than the stuff that made me paranoid - the dysphoria side of pot.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CP_47,497

Kinda depends on sativa, indica or hybrid, and the person.

Modern flowers are about 20%, give or take a few. Concentrates are 85%+ regardless of strain.

Mmmmm... Exotic Kart, MARS OG, Indica. Bottom right hand corner I believe.

Nice.

Sativa is better for work or getting into something (head high). Indica for deep couch sitting (body high), and hybrids in between and bred for effects.

It all kinda depends on the person.

Leafly.com is wondrous.

That's not actually an issue or problem, as potency does not equal dose in MJ

Stop spreading bull****.

Kinda depends on sativa, indica or hybrid, and the person.

Modern flowers are about 20%, give or take a few. Concentrates are 85%+ regardless of strain.

You got to watch for counterfeits though.

Seriously, you can buy Exotic Kart packaging on eBay and fill the carts with whatever you got. I've been lucky so far but I heard it's going around.

Watch for?

$50

Taste for, I guess. But you're buying concentrate on EBay? Leet.

No, not all. Perhaps I didn't explain as well as I should have.

I am saying that you can go to ebay and buy counterfeit carts and packaging. One being, Exotic Carts brands. You can buy the bootleg packages and carts and do with them what you will. I suppose some people have been filling them with their own "oils" and passing them off as real Exotic Cart concentrates. Or, that's what I have heard, anyways.

There are concentrates on eBay but not the "good" kind. At least, I don't think there are. :confused:

I never thought I would see a professionally packaged, professionally marketed, cannabis product in my lifetime. Better late than never, hey?

https://dabconnection.com/culture/fake-exotic-cartridges/

pot's almost certainly going to be legal nationwide in twenty years. any state not getting in on the front end of this market is making a dumb decision.

No, not all. Perhaps I didn't explain as well as I should have.

I am saying that you can go to ebay and buy counterfeit carts and packaging. One being, Exotic Carts brands. You can buy the bootleg packages and carts and do with them what you will. I suppose some people have been filling them with their own "oils" and passing them off as real Exotic Cart concentrates. Or, that's what I have heard, anyways.

There are concentrates on eBay but not the "good" kind. At least, I don't think there are. :confused:

I never thought I would see a professionally packaged, professionally marketed, cannabis product in my lifetime. Better late than never, hey?

https://dabconnection.com/culture/fake-exotic-cartridges/

Back in my day we selected and rolled leaves, uphill, both ways.

pot's almost certainly going to be legal nationwide in twenty years. any state not getting in on the front end of this market is making a dumb decision.

On the radio, Florida has ads, "come on down to Joe's cannabis emporium, if you don't qualify for a license, you don't pay for processing". We vote for recreational next election; it's all but certain.

Legalized weed is the governments best tool to keep the citizens from rioting in the streets during America decline.

On the radio, Florida has ads, "come on down to Joe's cannabis emporium, if you don't qualify for a license, you don't pay for processing". We vote for recreational next election; it's all but certain.

enjoy the economic boom while other red states wait until it's too late to really get a foothold in the market.

enjoy the economic boom while other red states wait until it's too late to really get a foothold in the market.

Lots of agricultural land in red states, too. Missing out.

Lots of agricultural land in red states, too. Missing out.

yep. i think that my own backwards red state is about to green light hemp, though. pretty smart, considering what is happening with soybeans.

My guess is that with Sessions gone as AG we will see Federal legalization before the 2020 elections.

My guess is that with Sessions gone as AG we will see Federal legalization before the 2020 elections.

that's a bold prediction. i'd support it, though. seems like a short timeline.

Legalized weed is the governments best tool to keep the citizens from rioting in the streets during America decline.

illegalized weed is America's best tool to profit off black people in prison...

Difference between our statements, mine's actually true.

that's a bold prediction. i'd support it, though. seems like a short timeline.

I think pols could quickly legalize Federally and leave it to the states to decide. This also solves the banking problem where it is legal.

I think pols could quickly legalize Federally and leave it to the states to decide. This also solves the banking problem where it is legal.

i don't want the states to be able to limit legalization. there are too many backwards states. people will come round when the money starts rolling in.

illegalized weed is America's best tool to profit off black people in prison...

Difference between our statements, mine's actually true.

You make your calls in this life as you will, and I will do likewise.

Back
Top Bottom