• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Worst of Both Worlds

FieldTheorist

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
So, the nomination process is over, and the 2016 candidates are Hillary/Kaine and Trump/Pence. The only two honest candidates in the race, Bernie Sanders and Rand Paul, typically failed to garner enough votes to win their respective nominations. As one could have predicted, the Republican party crushed Paul way before the DNC crushed Sanders. Elizabeth Warren didn't even run; now everyone understands why. Bernie Sanders really took one for the team. It is psychologically depressing to me that I live in a country that rejected Bernie Sanders. Instead of Jane Sanders as our first lady, who actually gives a **** about people, instead our first lady is going to be Bill Clinton or Melania Trump.

I'm going perform the distasteful act of voting for Hillary Clinton, although this should be interpreted as #NeverTrump, because #ImNotWithHer. I can't stand her and the corrupt institution that hurled her campaign over the finish line --the same group for which absolutely nothing was off of the table if it meant victory. It's particularly amazing that Clinton surrogates, even this week, were touting the fact that "Bernie didn't even have any negative ad buys out on him from the Clinton campaign." I mean, I guess that's true, but they always fail to mention that Clinton didn't need to pay for ads when almost the whole of CNN, MSNBC, the Daily Kos, VOX, The New York Times, The Washington Post, The New Yorker, etc, oh, and that's right, the DNC itself gave her all of the free negative ads she needed. I just read an article recently where they are already trying to re-write history and have Obama take credit for the DNC's "most progressive platform ever." My favorite part is how Bernie Sanders was a vicious liar for implying that Hillary listened to her donors, and then as soon as Sanders exits the race, Wall Street hands Hillary an ultimatum on Warren (instead we have Kaine) and the DNC leak unambiguously corroborates that the DNC gives its donors special positions. Yeah, it was ridiculous for Sanders to point out truths. Then, as a final coup de gras, the whole media ignores the active suppressing all of the dissenting Sanders supporters protests (Oh, except when former Sanders supporters call them ridiculous). Yeah, there's no pro-Clinton media bias, all acting in concert to prop her up.

Anyways, I just wanted to comment that American democracy is pretty much a disaster. I'm extremely disillusioned with American democracy and politics. We're in a two-way race between two people who have the highest disapproval ratings of presidential candidates in recent history, and in both cases they have been well-earned. It makes me want to vomit every time I see so-called progressives and rank-and-file Democrats sit there and praise Hillary Clinton as a great progressive who's done great things. Those list of things? They're much less impressive after you learn how she --she's not special, this can be said of almost all politicians-- needed to be shamed and threatened within an inch of their political careers before they cave in, kicking and screaming, on any issue that helps ordinary people. And Sanders had to beat Hillary nearly within losing the nomination and threatened her with damaging her convention before she started conceding anything. Then once he got platform delegates on the platform committee, she and DWS' platform delegates fought for corporate, neoconservative policies (and won a good deal of them), and now that Sanders pushed them their, they run into the American public touting how liberal they are and how progressive Hillary Clinton is.

Like I said, this election makes my stomach churn. To borrow a line from Cenk Uygur, "I'm afraid that the Evil Empire won." Even if I don't want Trump to win, if he does, we all deserve it.

So, the nomination process is over, and the 2016 candidates are Hillary/Kaine and Trump/Pence. The only two honest candidates in the race, Bernie Sanders and Rand Paul, typically failed to garner enough votes to win their respective nominations. As one could have predicted, the Republican party crushed Paul way before the DNC crushed Sanders. Elizabeth Warren didn't even run; now everyone understands why. Bernie Sanders really took one for the team. It is psychologically depressing to me that I live in a country that rejected Bernie Sanders. Instead of Jane Sanders as our first lady, who actually gives a **** about people, instead our first lady is going to be Bill Clinton or Melania Trump.

I'm going perform the distasteful act of voting for Hillary Clinton, although this should be interpreted as #NeverTrump, because #ImNotWithHer. I can't stand her and the corrupt institution that hurled her campaign over the finish line --the same group for which absolutely nothing was off of the table if it meant victory. It's particularly amazing that Clinton surrogates, even this week, were touting the fact that "Bernie didn't even have any negative ad buys out on him from the Clinton campaign." I mean, I guess that's true, but they always fail to mention that Clinton didn't need to pay for ads when almost the whole of CNN, MSNBC, the Daily Kos, VOX, The New York Times, The Washington Post, The New Yorker, etc, oh, and that's right, the DNC itself gave her all of the free negative ads she needed. I just read an article recently where they are already trying to re-write history and have Obama take credit for the DNC's "most progressive platform ever." My favorite part is how Bernie Sanders was a vicious liar for implying that Hillary listened to her donors, and then as soon as Sanders exits the race, Wall Street hands Hillary an ultimatum on Warren (instead we have Kaine) and the DNC leak unambiguously corroborates that the DNC gives its donors special positions. Yeah, it was ridiculous for Sanders to point out truths. Then, as a final coup de gras, the whole media ignores the active suppressing all of the dissenting Sanders supporters protests (Oh, except when former Sanders supporters call them ridiculous). Yeah, there's no pro-Clinton media bias, all acting in concert to prop her up.

Anyways, I just wanted to comment that American democracy is pretty much a disaster. I'm extremely disillusioned with American democracy and politics. We're in a two-way race between two people who have the highest disapproval ratings of presidential candidates in recent history, and in both cases they have been well-earned. It makes me want to vomit every time I see so-called progressives and rank-and-file Democrats sit there and praise Hillary Clinton as a great progressive who's done great things. Those list of things? They're much less impressive after you learn how she --she's not special, this can be said of almost all politicians-- needed to be shamed and threatened within an inch of their political careers before they cave in, kicking and screaming, on any issue that helps ordinary people. And Sanders had to beat Hillary nearly within losing the nomination and threatened her with damaging her convention before she started conceding anything. Then once he got platform delegates on the platform committee, she and DWS' platform delegates fought for corporate, neoconservative policies (and won a good deal of them), and now that Sanders pushed them their, they run into the American public touting how liberal they are and how progressive Hillary Clinton is.

Like I said, this election makes my stomach churn. To borrow a line from Cenk Uygur, "I'm afraid that the Evil Empire won." Even if I don't want Trump to win, if he does, we all deserve it.

What do you mean "the Evil Empire won"?

If you think the world would be a better place if the Soviets had won the Cold War.......

What do you mean "the Evil Empire won"?

If you think the world would be a better place if the Soviets had won the Cold War.......

It's a Star Wars reference. What the hell are you talking about?

The reference to the Soviet Union being the "Evil Empire" as per Reagan?

I don't care what Ronald Reagan said or talked about, and he probably lifted it from Star Wars, too, given that he also lifted the eponymous military program. But I have no idea why you're talking about Ronald Reagan.

Back
Top Bottom