• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'The worst call by far': Donald Trump badgers, brags in Malcolm Turnbull call

Sure thing....like Obama's birth cert, or Hillary's health scare.

Because both sides don't make outright lies?

Conservatives are not spreading lies but your liberal news media is

Conservatives spread the lie that Hillary was going to be indicted. Again, spare me your hypocrisy, you guys never scathed the likes of Hannity, rush, or the right-wing media on that or the birther lies that Trump told.

So, what was the reason that Australia wouldn't take them again?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

My god, you'll claim anything to try and support your anti-Trump agenda won't you? So much for that Haymarket that we all knew that always demanded proof.

There are several plausible explanations.

The one that I think needs looking into is this: it is obvious that the Trump administration wants badly to discredit the media with the phony news charge. What would be a better way to do it than by intentionally manipulating false stories is a series of orchestrated "leaks" and then hit the media hard after they are supposedly discredited? It would see folks on the right going along for the ride as more than willing allies as the posts here show. And it achieves the Trump goal of furthering their war on what they view as the true opposition party.

Lets face it Kal - do you really think that the national media is not forewarned to cross all their t's and dot all their i's with Trump stories these days? Do you really think they would put out something intentionally false knowing its if false? I am sure a few far right Trump people might even accept that but that is the irrational fringe.

The more and more this story unfolds it appears to be part of a Trump strategy to discredit their perceived opposition.

And nobody will be able to prove that to your satisfction. And that is by design which makes it rather machiavellian and politically perfect.

Conservatives spread the lie that Hillary was going to be indicted.

Again, spare me your hypocrisy, you guys never scathed the likes of Hannity, rush, or the right-wing media on that or the birther lies that Trump told.

Thats a lie that you made up

Some people expressed an opinion that she should be indicted but that is very different from reporting a lie as a fact

The liberal news media has crossed the line and both AP and WaPo should have their press pass revoked

Thats a lie that you made up

Some people expressed an opinion that she should be indicted but that is very different from reporting a lie as a fact

The liberal news media has crossed the line and both AP and WaPo should have their press pass revoked

Good thing your opinion means jack and **** huh? And no, it was a lie that conservatives spread about Hilalry being indicted. Even on this board. So again, I am more than happy to tell you where you can cram your opinion.

Re: Trump Hangs Up Phone on Australian PM

You must have gone to the fake arch, because the one I went into (yes, I went to the top there, too) had a great view of the Mississippi River on one side and St. Louis, Missouri on the other. Or did you just forget what state you were in?

Kansas is across the Mississippi River from St. Louis Missouri. That's why the Arch is in St. Louis. Because St. Louis throughout the 19th century was the "Gateway to the West" for the wagon trains to include rail trains. Kansas City, Kansas...Kansas City Missouri. Shame on a person in the Midwest who still doesn't know east from west...follow the sun tomorrow as it moves across the sky. It rises coming from Memphis and it sets going over and at the other side of Kansas. That's east to west.

St. Louis from the deck at the top of the Arch looks the size of a just found nickel because that's about all there is there. Smallest major city I've ever seen. No wonder the sports franchises keep moving out. They shudda knocked down Busch Stadium right after they built it due to criminal ugliness...aggravated criminal ugliness. Redbirds rival Cubbies are the champs btw. (Even my Red Sox consistently beat St. Louis in the Series.)

<<snip>>

Bring yer sunglasses if you like.

What do you think is going to happen now, when we need Turnbull's support in the future? And according to the article, the refugees will be granted entry, after the conversation.
We're going to need Australia? What, there's going to be a massive WW3 and the Ozzies refuse to send three trucks and a squad of troops like they usually do?

Good thing your opinion means jack and **** huh? And no, it was a lie that conservatives spread about Hilalry being indicted. Even on this board. So again, I am more than happy to tell you where you can cram your opinion.

Since I am a trump supporter and trump is the president my opinion does count more than lies being spread by liberals like you

We're going to need Australia? What, there's going to be a massive WW3 and the Ozzies refuse to send three trucks and a squad of troops like they usually do?

Of course we need the cooperation of Australia just as they need us

False media stories spread by the Washington Post hurt both countries

Since I am a trump supporter and trump is the president my opinion does count more than lies being spread by liberals like you

I am not lying, but your personal attack is noted.

Except that you didn't use that phrase. You used an example. One which had nothing to do with that phrase.
They are both examples that make light of questions with unjustified assumptions.

One which is a factual reality that happens all the time.
Whether they are "factual realities" or "happen all the time" is irrelevant.

Or do you not know what that phrase is meant to show? Because it sure as heck wasn't what you said.
As I guess you've learned by now, it's a very common example of a loaded question. SD asked a loaded question. I reworded the traditional example to more closely match his phrasing. There was no reason for you to interpret it literally.

There are several plausible explanations.

The one that I think needs looking into is this: it is obvious that the Trump administration wants badly to discredit the media with the phony news charge. What would be a better way to do it than by intentionally manipulating false stories is a series of orchestrated "leaks" and then hit the media hard after they are supposedly discredited? It would see folks on the right going along for the ride as more than willing allies as the posts here show. And it achieves the Trump goal of furthering their war on what they view as the true opposition party.

Lets face it Kal - do you really think that the national media is not forewarned to cross all their t's and dot all their i's with Trump stories these days? Do you really think they would put out something intentionally false knowing its if false? I am sure a few far right Trump people might even accept that but that is the irrational fringe.

The more and more this story unfolds it appears to be part of a Trump strategy to discredit their perceived opposition.

And nobody will be able to prove that to your satisfction. And that is by design which makes it rather machiavellian and politically perfect.

So now its Trump doing this to the media? :roll: You're flipping stories faster than I can type. Tell me HM, why didn't the media that ran with this do their jobs and verify before reporting? If as you say that they are forewarned about crossing their T's and dotting their I's.

Even if Trump is doing this like you claim, then they're doing a piss poor job of dotting their I's and crossing their T's. If they were dotting those I's and crossing those T's then they wouldn't have published the story to begin with. In which case we should be thanking Trump for exposing what a hack job the media is doing.

Yeah, if that is what you need to believe....LOL

I been watching the circus. Sizzling performance by Trump and his team.

Of course we need the cooperation of Australia just as they need us
If I'm looking for a loud, drunken party with the chance of a fistfight, I'll invite the Ozzies. Otherwise, they can go screw.

The proof has to come from the news organization posting the story

If they cannot name the "senior US officials" or obtain confirmation from the Aussies then it is a lie till they do prove it

No... he made an upfront accusation. He needs to back it up.

If those were the only two in the room and the story is true. One of them is toast.

Personally, I think it's all lies.

Thanks, Minnie!

To be fair and I not making any accusations .... I think there was at least one other person in the room...the photographer.

Last edited:

If I'm looking for a loud, drunken party with the chance of a fistfight, I'll invite the Ozzies.

The Scots would like to have a word with you.

I can't even imagine how he will handle the G20

We're taking a whole mess of refugees off the Aussies' hands because they don't want them. No props for that.
And not just their 'refugees' but their illegal refugees. Seems to me that our president should be doing the opposite...finding someplace else for OUR illegal immigrants...not taking on other peoples problems.

Back
Top Bottom