• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The world, united against Russia's naked aggressive war of mass murder against Ukraine. Right?

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Well, we in the US are - Russia's long adversary. And Europe, the world's modern bastion of democracy and NATO allies, is united with us against Russia.

And, well, the whole world agrees pretty much. Right?

As a test, I considered the recent UN vote to expel Russia from the human rights panel.

93 countries voted to expel them.

But, guess what - 82 countries did not.

And I looked a list of the world's 10 most populated countries. Of the ten, only the US voted to expel them. Just the populations of the other 9 - much less all 82 - total over half of the world's population.

This is an utterly clear case of unjustified war, mass murder, as Zelensky says 'no crime they won't commit' as they target childrens' sanctuaries and hospitals, rape and torture and bomb refugees and evacuation lines.

And with all that, all the clear evidence and the lies, a large majority of the world's people are under governments that refused to vote to expel Russia from the human rights council.

We have a hell of an issue in the world in this conflict between democratic countries, and authoritarian, tyrannical, corrupt and other such anti-democracy or otherwise problematic countries, in the coming increase of China, who is dedicated to ending democracy, becomes the world's leading economy end develops its military power.

Well, we in the US are - Russia's long adversary. And Europe, the world's modern bastion of democracy and NATO allies, is united with us against Russia.

As a test, I considered the recent UN vote to expel Russia from the human rights panel.

And I looked a list of the world's 10 most populated countries. Of the ten, only the US voted to expel them. Just the populations of the other 9 - much less all 82 - total over half of the world's population.

This is an utterly clear case of unjustified war, mass murder, as Zelensky says 'no crime they won't commit' as they target childrens' sanctuaries and hospitals, rape and torture and bomb refugees and evacuation lines.

And with all that, all the clear evidence and the lies, a large majority of the world's people are under governments that refused to vote to expel Russia from the human rights council.

We have a hell of an issue in the world in this conflict between democratic countries, and authoritarian, tyrannical, corrupt and other such anti-democracy or otherwise problematic countries, in the coming increase of China, who is dedicated to ending democracy, becomes the world's leading economy end develops its military power.
That's because what the west tells everyone is "democracy" is really authoritarianism. Just look at what the west did about COVID.

The world, united against Russia's naked aggressive war of mass murder against Ukraine. Right?​

Today, most of the civilized world is united against Russia's naked aggression - But next month? Or next year?? Or two years from now??? With Americans already whining about the minor inconveniences our sanctions have produced here at home, I'm not optimistic about Ukraine's chances of effectively staving off Russian annexation. Either Putin, or Putin's Russia, must collapse soon for the armament and the sanctions to have been considered effective. The longer it goes on, the better Putin's chances are to succeed.

Why would the US ever be allowed to sit on a human rights panel? Do we overlook the entire history of the country? Or do we take it administration by administration? As Amnesty International (AI) states regarding the present admin;

"The Biden administration stated its intention to restore the US human rights record, but the results in policy and practice were mixed. While it re-engaged with UN international human rights institutions and multilateral efforts to combat climate change, the administration failed to adopt human rights-respecting immigration and asylum policies on the USA-Mexico border or realize its human rights-related agenda on the domestic level."

The border "policy" is a giant CF, does anyone disagree? It makes the US look like clowns.

If you want to know who should be at that table follow this link https://www.statista.com/statistics/1255594/highest-human-rights-scores-by-country/

Number one the anti american right wingnuts stain the USA with anti human rights politics which is no secret. Nothing about the USA anti human rights the ALEC people represent is unknown.

Number two I learned hands on during our honeymoon what people from around the world think about USA imperialism thus not a lot of high marks. These are people in other countries who have been affected in some way with our imperialistic government activities that most of us might not be aware of. The conservative side of USA government is aggressive to say the least.

The governments of Russia, USA or China receive high marks.

Number 3 perhaps some of those countries who failed to vote against Russia might be afraid of Russian
repercussions.

Comments by Craig234 are warranted no question about it.

Outside of the US and Western Europe most countries just don’t want to get involved.

A lot of people in the Third World still vividly remember Iraq.

Outside of the US and Western Europe most countries just don’t want to get involved.

A lot of people in the Third World still vividly remember Iraq.

Just because Putin is your fanboy doesn't mean we should let him do what he wants to Ukraine.

And no, that doesn't mean getting into a hot war with Russia, either.

Biden has played this well. (y)

Just because Putin is your fanboy doesn't mean we should let him do what he wants to Ukraine.

And no, that doesn't mean getting into a hot war with Russia, either.

Biden has played this well. (y)

I’m just pointing out the fact that, contrary to what Americans think, most of the world doesn’t actually think Washington is the fount of all wisdom 🙄

We’ve forgiven ourselves for Iraq.....but a lot of the world hasn’t, and finds our sudden concern over a country launching a sudden invasion of another just a weeeee bit hypocritical 😂🙄

I’m just pointing out the fact that, contrary to what Americans think, most of the world doesn’t actually think Washington is the fount of all wisdom 🙄

Strawman.

We’ve forgiven ourselves for Iraq.....but a lot of the world hasn’t, and finds our sudden concern over a country launching a sudden invasion of another just a weeeee bit hypocritical 😂🙄

We're not invading Russia, so your analogy fails. So sorry. :)

Strawman.

We're not invading Russia, so your analogy fails. So sorry. :)

Nope, reality. All the blather about “the world” supporting our stance is just that.

Your average South African or Indian sees no difference between Russia invading Ukraine and our invasion of Iraq. That that baffles you so much just further proves the point.

And by the way, our version of Bucha in Haditha? Nobody served jail time for it.

By "democratic countries" you must mean the governments which use barbaric militarism, neoliberal economics, and plenty of other undemocratic things to dominate the globe.

The US is NOT in a position of moral authority-- quite the opposite.

The US withdrew itself from the UNHRC.

I'm going to guess that the rank hypocrisy of the Global North has a lot to do with the Global South not going along with the popular white middle class war.

Nope, reality. All the blather about “the world” supporting our stance is just that.

Your average South African or Indian sees no difference between Russia invading Ukraine and our invasion of Iraq. That that baffles you so much just further proves the point.

And by the way, our version of Bucha in Haditha? Nobody served jail time for it.

Tiger, Tiger. You really need to improve your trolling skills if you're going to get anyone to fall for it.

How many troops have we sent to Russia in this war?

Tiger, Tiger. You really need to improve your trolling skills if you're going to get anyone to fall for it.

How many troops have we sent to Russia in this war?

It’s not “trolling” to point out the fact that a lot of the world sees our howling over Ukraine as blatant hypocrisy.

It’s not “trolling” to point out the fact that a lot of the world sees our howling over Ukraine as blatant hypocrisy.

You didn't answer my question.

Because it was totally irrelevant to the point.

So you want to dodge a question based on your personal opinion. Not a good look for you.

But if you can't explain your hypocrisy, I can't help you. 🤷‍♂️

So you want to dodge a question based on your personal opinion. Not a good look for you.

But if you can't explain your hypocrisy, I can't help you. 🤷‍♂️

Nope, ignoring irrelevant blather which doesn’t address the facts. Nobody cares that, so far, we haven’t given in to the constant hysterical demands for war.........we were more than happy to invade Iraq on the flimsiest of excuses, and THAT is what everyone in the Third World remembers.

But I forgot.....good Murcians don’t care what those uppity foreigners think 🙄

Nope, ignoring irrelevant blather which doesn’t address the facts. Nobody cares that, so far, we haven’t given in to the constant hysterical demands for war.........we were more than happy to invade Iraq on the flimsiest of excuses, and THAT is what everyone in the Third World remembers.

But I forgot.....good Murcians don’t care what those uppity foreigners think 🙄

The OP has nothing to do with Iraq. That's your diversion that shows your desperation not to answer the question. :)

Maybe instead of pretending to speak for what is best for Ukraine, you could listen to what Ukraine actually wants?

US hypocrisy has a lot to do with Russia's aggression, as does NATO.

Somebody, and I can't remember who, equated far-right and far-left Americans' support for Putin under the horseshoe theory.

You're doing a very good job of making that poster's point. (y)

Back
Top Bottom