• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The World Is Going Nuts

Cover up, obama lies, same issue!

Was Mateen killed or not? Moving on...

Did you hear that Jose Reyes was returning to the New York Mets?

Screaming? Who's screaming?....pointing it out...is important.

When things not going your way means everyone else is crazy... that makes your sympathizers sympathizers of what pathology, exactly?

When pointing out that things are not going your way allows you to conclude that everyone is crazy, that makes your sympathizers sympathizers of what pathology?

I dunno, but I bet a few of the bad guys have said, "Oh God!" as the cops shoot them. Does the right seriously make the argument since they are saying Allah Akbar they must be good practicing Muslims?

It's probable that this guy was just a nut, but very likely that, even if he was a nut that he was motivated by the ideology of Islam and ISIS.

If, in your example of a Western Christian doing the shooting the kook said "I'm killing for God and Hitler", we could be justified in thinking that as a Westerner he was both a kook and a White Supremacist.

Since he was Islamic, or at least aspiring to be one, we cannot be assured that he was a kook since this is the best way to be a hero in Islamic cultures.

Why is it so difficult to ascribe his beliefs based on his words? Do you doubt that Mother Teresa was motivated by her Christian Faith?

Mother Teresa lived her faith. Big difference.
It's probable that this guy was just a nut, but very likely that, even if he was a nut that he was motivated by the ideology of Islam and ISIS.

If, in your example of a Western Christian doing the shooting the kook said "I'm killing for God and Hitler", we could be justified in thinking that as a Westerner he was both a kook and a White Supremacist.

Since he was Islamic, or at least aspiring to be one, we cannot be assured that he was a kook since this is the best way to be a hero in Islamic cultures.

Why is it so difficult to ascribe his beliefs based on his words? Do you doubt that Mother Teresa was motivated by her Christian Faith?

I could argue that, as with the over eight thousand dead per year as a result of gun-related homicides, "we are successfully dealing with it" and no additional action need be taken. Mateen is dead, problem solved. Moving on...

8000 dead is nothing in a nation with an estimated 300 million guns. 2014 had more than 32,000 automotive deaths, you don't hear anyone screaming to ban automobiles.

Leftists have always been nuts. They just seems nuttier than usual lately. :)

The Internet allows the nuts to be heard better than they used to be.

It's not about name calling. It's about being honest about the cause behind the threat. The threat isn't guns. The threat is radicalized Muslims. Every piece of legislation proposed on gun control would not have stopped Mateen, Farrook or the major at Ft. Hood from carrying out their attacks. They were not on any lists even though the FBI had files on them.

And not only was Mateen being watched by the FBI, he still passed two background checks!

The only straw is in your post. Can you refute any of Stein's comments? No? Didn't think so.

The Orlando shooter was not shouting "alla akubar" and he claimed he did it in the name of several competing radical groups not just ISIS.

8000 dead is nothing in a nation with an estimated 300 million guns. 2014 had more than 32,000 automotive deaths, you don't hear anyone screaming to ban automobiles.

More American die from guns than cars. Cars are getting safer, guns are getting more deadly.

More American die from guns than cars. Cars are getting safer, guns are getting more deadly.

No, you're simply wrong. Assuming the 8000 number is accurate, I didn't bother to look, but that's 8000 deaths per year on 300 million guns. There are 32,675 automotive deaths on 253 million cars. That's 25% of the deaths caused by 47 million more guns. Learn to do math.

It appears that if he was an Islamist, he was living his faith as well.

Maybe not such a big difference after all...

Mother Teresa was a sleazeball that bilked people out of millions and did everything in her power to make the poor suffer.

Glad the bitch is dead.

Hitchens of course was positive that she was not.

Me? I dont claim to know, it is possible.

Mother Teresa was a sleazeball that bilked people out of millions and did everything in her power to make the poor suffer.

Glad the bitch is dead.

Which is all too common when it comes to do-gooders who make a big PR splash about their alleged efforts to save the poor unfortunates.

Ya, this line of reasoning is Kaput.

We live in the land of chumps.

SAD.

Last edited:
Might be kinda hard to determine what is in peoples hearts. But I would be on Mother Theresa before the Orlando shooter.
It appears that if he was an Islamist, he was living his faith as well.

Maybe not such a big difference after all...

Glad the bitch is dead.

Might be kinda hard to determine what is in peoples hearts. But I would be on Mother Theresa before the Orlando shooter.

That is besides the point, which was that since allegedly Mother Teresa told the truth about her motivations then it follows that this killer did.

The argument was completely obliterated.

Well get off her, I don't think you're her type.

Ben Stein:

“Out there, there are riots and people shooting each other. And supposedly serious people are pretending it’s a big civil rights issue whether a fat sweaty 70-year-old man can sit in a toilet stall next to your five-year-old daughter. And a man takes a semi-automatic sporting rifle, and he’s a Muslim. And he’s shouting that he’s going to kill all the people he can in an Orlando nightclub in the name of Allah and ISIS — and the media are debating what his motivation was. And they’re blaming a piece of metal, a totally inert piece of metal, for the murderous acts of a crazy man. And we’re supposed to believe that Islam is a religion of peace… I’ll make this short: the rest of the world is going nuts.”

View attachment 67203266

View attachment 67203267

View attachment 67203268

when people spend a lot of time reading made up radical right wing hysteria like breitbart or drudge it will look that way.

when people spend a lot of time reading made up radical right wing hysteria like breitbart or drudge it will look that way.

So long as radical left wing hysteria like HuffPost and Mother Jones has equal access I am not seeing a problem. Partisans should concentrate on making their best pitch, because if the other side is winning that can only mean one of two things

a) You (F) are making your case poorly

b) your (F) case is weak.

The Orlando shooter was not shouting "alla akubar" and he claimed he did it in the name of several competing radical groups not just ISIS.

I see, so you have inside information about an ongoing investigation. And so what if the idiot was confused, what difference does it make, he was killing in the name of radical Islam. Why do leftists want so bad for that not to be true?

Utterly false. In fact, gun murders have been declining year after year. In fact, in 2014, 500% more people were murdered by handguns than rifles. You know, rifles? Like the AR-15? Which is nothing more than a rifle.

Back
Top Bottom