• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The wonderful Mueller crowd is making evidence disappear.

You lose the right to complain about destroying evidence, lying, and other crimes when you excuse them by your side first.

And as for just assuming there's something nefarious, you're the boy who cried wolf after the false attacks on 'Hillary's e-mails'.

If you are familiar with how IT assets are handled in large organizations, go to page 49 of the DOJ documents and start reading... It will make much more sense....

I am somewhat familiar, but wonder what the relevance is to the points I made? I suspect you are adding another point, which is fine.

Apparently, it's quite common for mobile phones to wipe data after failed log in attempts...

"..... In iOS, both the lock screen and boot process can wipe the user data after a fixed number of failed attempts, but only if the user explicitly enables this. In Android, the boot process always wipes the user data after a fixed number of failed attempts. However, our Nexus 4 device did not allow us to set a limit for lock screen failures. That said, both Android and iOS have options for remote management, which, if enabled, can wipe data after a certain number of failed attempts...."

What if the FBI tried to crack an Android phone? We attacked one to find out

Since you seem to know when the phones were wiped...please provide a link to your source.

I didn't say when they did it or that I knew when they did it. It stands to reason that this didn't happen at the very beginning, because this is the state that phones were in when they were turned in. Agree?

As you posted, yes the phone can be set to wipe data after a certain number of failed attempts, usually 8-10. So, they clearly knew that they were wiping the data off the phones, before turning them in.

The odds that 15 (were there more than 15?) members of the team all forgot their password and kept putting the wrong password in, knowing that it would erase the data, was an accident are pretty high. Actually, "pretty high" would be quite the under statement. Nearly impossible. And I say nearly just to cover the once in a millions chance. I think we can say, with confidence, that it was no accident.

Do you actually believe that this is what happened?

I didn't say when they did it or that I knew when they did it. It stands to reason that this didn't happen at the very beginning, because this is the state that phones were in when they were turned in. Agree?

As you posted, yes the phone can be set to wipe data after a certain number of failed attempts, usually 8-10. So, they clearly knew that they were wiping the data off the phones, before turning them in.

The odds that 15 (were there more than 15?) members of the team all forgot their password and kept putting the wrong password in, knowing that it would erase the data, was an accident are pretty high. Actually, "pretty high" would be quite the under statement. Nearly impossible. And I say nearly just to cover the once in a millions chance. I think we can say, with confidence, that it was no accident.

Do you actually believe that this is what happened?

From what I can tell there were at least 85 phones allocated to the SOC team.

https://www.justice.gov/oip/foia-li...munications_strzok_and_page_09_04_20/download

They probably didn't want their bias to get exposed, like Strzock and his girlfriend.

Except that "bias" in conversations with friends is not illegal. Every American has the right to his opinion. The IG found no evidence of bias effecting their work or the outcomes of any of the investigations they were involved in.

From what I can tell there were at least 85 phones allocated to the SOC team.

https://www.justice.gov/oip/foia-li...munications_strzok_and_page_09_04_20/download

Yes, probably deployed additional phones to support people. So, from what I can tell, 15 out of 15 of the investigators phones were "accidentally" wiped (100%), and 0 out of 70 of the other phones (0%) were wiped. Something along those lines, from the info I've seen so far.

So the odds just went from astronomical, to insane.

Except that "bias" in conversations with friends is not illegal. Every American has the right to his opinion. The IG found no evidence of bias effecting their work or the outcomes of any of the investigations they were involved in.

The only accusation of anything that may have been illegal is the wiping of the phones. It's always the cover up that get's them in trouble.

The only accusation of anything that may have been illegal is the wiping of the phones. It's always the cover up that get's them in trouble.

If there was anything illegal at all. Phones are not the most robust devices and there is redundancy of anything of real importance.

If there was anything illegal at all. Phones are not the most robust devices and there is redundancy of anything of real importance.

Just wondering what kind of tale they would have to tell for it to be so outrageous that the left wouldn't defend it. It's already kind of hard to try and top that 15 phones were put into airplane mode, then "accidentally" wiped.

Just wondering what kind of tale they would have to tell for it to be so outrageous that the left wouldn't defend it. It's already kind of hard to try and top that 15 phones were put into airplane mode, then "accidentally" wiped.

I think a "My bad" would be more than sufficient. There is just no precedent for such scrutiny. Trump talks every week with Putin without any monitoring and you are worried about some old phones?

Do you look at a Mueller report in an entirely new perspective when the people involved with creating it are deleting their phones.

Amazing that the people who spent two years investigating obstruction are pretty good at it themselves.

And please to do not try to explain the 17 innocent mistakes in their investigation or the 27 accidentally deleted phones.

The hypocrisy really has reached a fever pitch for that group.

Kinda like ordering all witnesses and all material evidence withheld from the impeachment investigation?

That's a lot of words to say y'all don't get to gripe about anything having to do with evidence again.

You were fine when trump accomplished the very goal you are accusing the Mueller team of attempting.

If i wasn't already clear.

I think a "My bad" would be more than sufficient. There is just no precedent for such scrutiny. Trump talks every week with Putin without any monitoring and you are worried about some old phones?

Why would "my bad" be sufficient for intentionally wiping the phones? They could actually be prosecuted for doing that.

They obviously didn't want us to see what they were doing on them. But, that could be anything. Something that would cast them in a bad light.

I think it was something along the lines of them knowing, very early on, that what we already knew. That there was no case at all, and they continued on, wasting taxpayer money.

Kinda like ordering all witnesses and all material evidence withheld from the impeachment investigation?

That's a lot of words to say y'all don't get to gripe about anything having to do with evidence again.

You were fine when trump accomplished the very goal you are accusing the Mueller team of attempting.

If i wasn't already clear.

As long was we are OK with this behavior, it will only get worse.

Back
Top Bottom