• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The wind power hoax

Tell that to Rockefeller and VanderBilt. They made their fortunes selling alternatives to whale oil for lighting... only later did those fortunes increase do to the auto.

Are they still using wagons? No, they switched first to railroads and then pipelines. How did those get built?

Like I said, oil didn't come into its own until the internal combustion engine became widely used. You are flailing around desperately trying to make some point I guess .:lol:

Like I said, oil didn't come into its own until the internal combustion engine became widely used. You are flailing around desperately trying to make some point I guess .:lol:

I think Rockefeller would kick your ass for that statement. He was givin' to fighting. He and Vanderbilt became the first billionaires prior to the auto. I don't call that flailing to make a point... I call that YOU flailing to dismiss it. I'll ask you again... are they still using wagons? How did the rails and pipelines get built?

The fact is wind power can not break even in the real world. It is inefficient and to sporadic to ever compete with traditional forms of energy production.

Rumor is, wind power has been used as a sole means of intercontinental shipping for years. Whole armies with artillery and horses and everything had been reportedly moved all around the world using wind power.

Sounds crazy though, now that I read your posts. Must be a rumor.

Rumor is, wind power has been used as a sole means of intercontinental shipping for years. Whole armies with artillery and horses and everything had been reportedly moved all around the world using wind power.

Sounds crazy though, now that I read your posts. Must be a rumor.

You have now officially stretched to the breaking point.:lol: If you will notice there are not a lot of sail powered freighters these days, wind powered boats are purely for recreation. Having said that there was recently an attempt to have a sail powered freighter but it unfortunately sank in a storm. I think there could be a place in our infrastructure for ships like this in cases where time is not a factor but so far nobody with money seems to think so.

Back
Top Bottom