• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The whole truth about the preparation of circus elephants

Tovarish

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
These clever elephants in the circus ... What are the strengths smart ...
But no one suspects that their whole life, from birth takes place in the suffering. This so-called "Ringling"( Foto-1), which breaks the spirit of elephants when they are still quite vulnerable.
ynIEIas.jpg

The first six months of baby elephants tied by the feet to the ropes, which are in constant tension and a lot of pressure on your feet. This period ends when the baby elephant gives up and stops fighting for their freedom.
Once weaned from their mothers, elephants legs tied to the floor in a separate barn and kept so by 23 hours a day to break the elephant psyche.
uSjbX7s.jpg

The initial obedience training includes an introduction to the elephant noose. At this point, it is surrounded by six or seven people, and he is tied by the neck to an adult elephant, "anchor", which is already implicitly obey men. When the elephant got the basic skills of submission, he begins a new stage - stunt training. This is a daily practice for 2-3 hours. At first baby elephant cries and can not be training, but all the time. Ropes and time will put everything on the usual place for a man.
ZS1di1e.jpg

In the words of a professional : "If you ask me what I think of my work, I'll answer ... I'm ashamed of what I did ..."
In this case, the "coach" uses electric shocks directly to the head of a baby elephant. (Fono-4)
3HLdbla.jpg

For elephants it is unnatural and forced them to go against the nature of the use of physical punishment.
With electroshock batons and choke and force 6 male elephant is taught to perform a trick "to lie down, stand up" (Foto-5)
j9Fs85y.jpg

It was only after the training is teamwork.
And what do you think now, elephants in the circus that's cute??
Sick humanity. http://bart.livejournal.com/2110901.html

These clever elephants in the circus ... What are the strengths smart ...
But no one suspects that their whole life, from birth takes place in the suffering. This so-called "Ringling"( Foto-1), which breaks the spirit of elephants when they are still quite vulnerable.
ynIEIas.jpg

The first six months of baby elephants tied by the feet to the ropes, which are in constant tension and a lot of pressure on your feet. This period ends when the baby elephant gives up and stops fighting for their freedom.
Once weaned from their mothers, elephants legs tied to the floor in a separate barn and kept so by 23 hours a day to break the elephant psyche.
uSjbX7s.jpg

The initial obedience training includes an introduction to the elephant noose. At this point, it is surrounded by six or seven people, and he is tied by the neck to an adult elephant, "anchor", which is already implicitly obey men. When the elephant got the basic skills of submission, he begins a new stage - stunt training. This is a daily practice for 2-3 hours. At first baby elephant cries and can not be training, but all the time. Ropes and time will put everything on the usual place for a man.
ZS1di1e.jpg

In the words of a professional : "If you ask me what I think of my work, I'll answer ... I'm ashamed of what I did ..."
In this case, the "coach" uses electric shocks directly to the head of a baby elephant. (Fono-4)
3HLdbla.jpg

For elephants it is unnatural and forced them to go against the nature of the use of physical punishment.
With electroshock batons and choke and force 6 male elephant is taught to perform a trick "to lie down, stand up" (Foto-5)
j9Fs85y.jpg

It was only after the training is teamwork.
Sick humanity. Я ВАМ ЕЩЁ ПОКАЖУ!!! - Вся правда о подготовке цирковых слонов

It's awful. All circuses need to be shut down.

Well, I'm fantastically depressed now.

That reminds me, I haven't been to a circus in a long time... I think I'll Google and see if there's any close by anytime soon.

That reminds me, I haven't been to a circus in a long time... I think I'll Google and see if there's any close by anytime soon.

Ahhahahahahahaha.....elephants suffering.

That's some pure, Grade A comedy gold there, Goshin. You're a laugh riot.

Ahhahahahahahaha.....elephants suffering.

That's some pure, Grade A comedy gold there, Goshin. You're a laugh riot.

Sorry, I suppose that was a smidge callous-sounding.

Yes, I've heard before, including quite some time ago, that circus animals in general are not treated very well, and that in some cases they are abused in a fashion that would be illegal.

Do I like that? No. I grew up on a farm and have a distinct mental divide between animals and humans; however, I don't believe in needless cruelty to animals.

Part of the problem there is defining "needless cruelty". I'm a hunter; some people think hunting is needless cruelty; I don't agree.

Training an elephant, which is going to grow up to be a multi-ton beast easily capable of killing a man (and in the case of African elephants, quite ready to do so willingly), is something that I'm sure has to be done with a lot more firmness and a lot less tolerance for disobedience than, say, training a dog. Are the methods described "needlessly cruel"? Perhaps... but then again the OP clearly has his own agenda on this topic and I have only his word that it is done this way and that it is excessive cruelty.

Elephants are also kept captive and trained to work in the logging industry in India, among other things... does our concern over this extend to that as well? I've heard about that training too... the Mahout uses a metal rod with a sharp barb on the end to train the elephant not to swing its trunk at humans or otherwise attack them, by pricking its trunk when it does until it grows tired of the stings. Is that worse or better than using an electric prod? I don't know... is it worse or better than using a Taser on a uncooperative human?

In the grand scheme of things, this just isn't going to rise to be one of my big issues I spend my days fretting over, is what I was saying.

Sick humanity. LiveJournal Planned Maintenance

I never thought elephants were cute.

But is it any different than dog or horse ownership - keeping pets in cages, on leashes for their whole life, and using various tactics to quell their nature so they're housebroken or otherwise domesticated?

I never thought elephants were cute.

But is it any different than dog or horse ownership - keeping pets in cages, on leashes for their whole life, and using various tactics to quell their nature so they're housebroken or otherwise domesticated?

Yes, it is different with domestic animals. They have been bred, over the course of many, many years, to have an affinity for human companionship.

If it weren't for their being kept by humans, for various reasons, many of them (ex cows, dogs) would be extinct in their present form (though there might be some wild, undomesticated versions running around in the woods).

Yes, it is different with domestic animals. They have been bred, over the course of many, many years, to have an affinity for human companionship.

If it weren't for their being kept by humans, for various reasons, many of them (ex cows, dogs) would be extinct in their present form (though there might be some wild, undomesticated versions running around in the woods).

They're been bred to have an affinity? I don't follow - you're saying that having an affinity for humans is genetic?

That's illogical. . . take in a feral dog and tell me they have an affinity for human companionship. They TAKE to humans and those who protect them (if you will) - but it's not a born-to-them factor.

But no matter how much they love their owner - put them in a dog fight and stick the owner in the middle and nature comes out - the owner is likely to be attacked by their own beloved pet. So, no, it's not their nature to love humans.

And that doesn't matter if you think training, sequestering, and leashing is wrong.

Last edited:
They're been bred to have an affinity? I don't follow - you're saying that having an affinity for humans is genetic?

That's illogical. . . take in a feral dog and tell me they have an affinity for human companionship. They TAKE to humans and those who protect them (if you will) - but it's not a born-to-them factor.

Yes, there are distinct genetic differences between undomesticated animals and domesticated animals. The domesticated versions of an animal will be less aggressive, breed more often, have physical differences from their wild cousins, and will often display juvenile characteristics into adulthood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestication

Why some animals can never be domesticated

http://155.97.32.9/~bbenham/2510 Spring 09/Behavior Genetics/Farm-Fox Experiment.pdf

Back
Top Bottom