• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The White House Will Be Adorned By A Downright Moron

Trump told people to drink Klorox in order to kill COVID-19. Need I say more?
~ If you actually believe that it is true don't blame Trump .
facepalm.gif

40,000 people came here from China in the months after the so called "travel ban". And 1000's flew directly from Wuhan. It was a bust like everything Trump has ever done.

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-trump-china-travel-ban-45a2da12-8063-4ad9-ba28-61cdeb1ce0b3.html

They were US citizens. I guess just letting them all in like Italy did would have been much better, right? Funny, but France and the other places seeing Covid spikes don't blame their presidents for it. It's only the obsessed left here that does that.

They were US citizens. I guess just letting them all in like Italy did would have been much better, right? Funny, but France and the other places seeing Covid spikes don't blame their presidents for it. It's only the obsessed left here that does that.

If bringing people back from China and banning Chinese travel saved "hundreds of thousands of lives" as Trump and other idiot Repugs have stated ad naseum, then why is our death total by far the highest in the world?

Why didn't other countries suffer more deaths for not banning travel from China? If what you're saying is true, then European countries and other countries should have had a lot more deaths.

Yeah, Biden said immigrants are like poisonous snakes, said Mexico was sending us rapists, said blacks were responsible for 80% of homicides of whites, called countries shitholes, stuff like that.

When millions of illegal immigrants cross the border, a good number of them WILL be rapists and other criminals. That's what Trump was saying. Is this really difficult to grasp? Our prison population also proves the point. If you don't have a link for the comment on homicides then I won't assume Trump made it. Oh, and lots of countries ARE sh*tholes. Anyone can make that observation and it's truth has nothing to do with racism. It's simply empirical.

Biden's racism is, OTOH, well documented. His comments are a matter of record and can be easily located.

If bringing people back from China and banning Chinese travel saved "hundreds of thousands of lives" as Trump and other idiot Repugs have stated ad naseum, then why is our death total by far the highest in the world?

Why didn't other countries suffer more deaths for not banning travel from China? If what you're saying is true, then European countries and other countries should have had a lot more deaths.

There can be no rational argument that allowing free travel here from China would not have made the problem much worse. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out. Had Trump not banned travel, the left would be all over him for that. Whatever he does. they'll attack it. As I've also pointed out numerous times, the only number that really matters is the death rate per infected person and the US is better than any country in the EU or Canada in that category, often by quite a lot. You can also rest assured that the death totals from China are not as stated as well as from other places with either political motives to hide the numbers or who lack the capability to arrive at accurate numbers.

When millions of illegal immigrants cross the border, a good number of them WILL be rapists and other criminals. That's what Trump was saying. Is this really difficult to grasp? Our prison population also proves the point. If you don't have a link for the comment on homicides then I won't assume Trump made it. Oh, and lots of countries ARE sh*tholes. Anyone can make that observation and it's truth has nothing to do with racism. It's simply empirical.

Biden's racism is, OTOH, well documented. His comments are a matter of record and can be easily located.

No, Trump and other idiot Repugs have LITERALLY said the Chinese travel ban saved hundreds of thousands of lives in this country. Look up the quotes. Again, if that were true, then the European death rates and other countries' death rates would be higher than ours, since they did not implement the Chinese travel ban before us. And their death rates are not even close to ours.

Ironically, Italy was the only European country to implement a Chinese ban before the U.S. And Italy STILL got hammered by COVID, as you may recall from Feb and March. So your Chinese travel ban garbage is just that....garbage.

And Biden apologized for his clumsy comments. He was trying to compliment Obama. People make mistakes. If Biden was a racist, Obama would not have picked him for his vice-president. That is the bottom line. Again, your desperation and intellectual dishonesty is truly pathetic.

Trump has NEVER apologized for the horrible comments he made about Obama. And he spewed that birther crap over and over and over. Because Trump is, in fact, an unapologetic racist. Which is why he won the Repug nomination in the first place and why millions of racist Repugs love him.

Last edited:
There can be no rational argument that allowing free travel here from China would not have made the problem much worse. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out. Had Trump not banned travel, the left would be all over him for that. Whatever he does. they'll attack it. As I've also pointed out numerous times, the only number that really matters is the death rate per infected person and the US is better than any country in the EU or Canada in that category, often by quite a lot. You can also rest assured that the death totals from China are not as stated as well as from other places with either political motives to hide the numbers or who lack the capability to arrive at accurate numbers.

That's not the question. My point is that Trump's claim that he saved hundreds of thousands of lives via the China travel ban is pure horseshit. And you know it.

We have 4% of the world's population and 25% of the world's deaths. There is no getting around that. Therefore, your other comments are also garbage.

Your halfwit, senile, money besotted swamp crook is going to lose so you better stock up on Klennex now while supplies last. I can't wait for the primal screaming again. How many cities will you burn down this time?
A sure sign you lost your argument. ^ Insults are the last resort of insecure people with a crumbling position trying to look confident.

Those countries do not have morons that "took the virus away from the doctors" because they wanted a political advantage as their leader. Their Presidents did not lie to their people about the virus either. Now Trump is running around like a headless chicken spreading the virus in every swing State claiming we are "turning the corner" while new cases are reaching new records and 1000 a day are dying horrible deaths. It is over for him and the world will breath a sigh of relief when he is gone.

Undocumented immigrants commit violent crimes at a lower rate than American citizens. We would have less crime if we kicked out millions of citizens and replaced them with immigrants.

5b7ec10d959f34202e8b5277

5b7ed2e9e199f3592e8b4854

No, Trump and other idiot Repugs have LITERALLY said the Chinese travel ban saved hundreds of thousands of lives in this country. Look up the quotes. Again, if that were true, then the European death rates and other countries' death rates would be higher than ours, since they did not implement the Chinese travel ban before us. And their death rates are not even close to ours.

Ironically, Italy was the only European country to implement a Chinese ban before the U.S. And Italy STILL got hammered by COVID, as you may recall from Feb and March. So your Chinese travel ban garbage is just that....garbage.

And Biden apologized for his clumsy comments. He was trying to compliment Obama. People make mistakes. If Biden was a racist, Obama would not have picked him for his vice-president. That is the bottom line. Again, your desperation and intellectual dishonesty is truly pathetic.

Trump has NEVER apologized for the horrible comments he made about Obama. And he spewed that birther crap over and over and over. Because Trump is, in fact, an unapologetic racist. Which is why he won the Repug nomination in the first place and why millions of racist Repugs love him.

Do you seriously think that letting people come here freely from China over the last 9 months would not have increased the infection rate? There is no logic in that statement but I don't expect any. Again, per capita death rate is meaningless. I've shown this on several occasions. Two countries could have the exact same per capita death rate and vastly different death rates per infected person. Which would you rather live in? The one with the better chance of surviving or the one with the worse chance?

Italy already had a large contingent of Chinese living there from Wuhan and huge numbers of Chinese tourists who arrived in the period leading up to the pandemic, many from Wuhan. China knew of the danger, hid it and unleashed it on the world. Yet, you're fixated on Trump.

Biden's Obama's comment is only one among the many he has made over his career. It wasn't clumsy. It was Biden saying what he really thought about all the AA candidates before Obama. His backtracking was simply ass covering. He called Robert Byrd, an actual KKK member, his mentor. He called black men "super predators". He said if busing happened that his kids would grow up in a "racial jungle" This is your man.

Undocumented immigrants commit violent crimes at a lower rate than American citizens. We would have less crime if we kicked out millions of citizens and replaced them with immigrants.

5b7ec10d959f34202e8b5277

5b7ed2e9e199f3592e8b4854

You'll need much more data than you have here to arrive at these conclusions. For one thing, we don't know how many illegal immigrants there are in eiither Texas or the US. We do know they make up a significant part of the prison population. The bigger point is that every crime committed by an illegal immigrant is one that never should have happened. They bring an enormous expense on the US taxpayer in addition to whatever personal damage their crimes cause.

Last edited:
Who cares what the aggregate numbers of criminals are? There are vastly more citizens than illegal immigrants. Why should illegal immigrants make up the second highest percentage? These are people who shouldn't even be here yet they impose an enormous expense on the US taxpayer. Also, illegal immigrants commit crimes at a much higher rate than citizens. Were this not true, their comparatively small numbers wouldn't comprise such a significant part of the prison population.
What about the chart that shows conviction rates per 100,000 people don't you understand? There are less criminal convictions for 100,000 undocumenteds than for 100,000 citizens.

Do you seriously think that letting people come here freely from China over the last 9 months would not have increased the infection rate? There is no logic in that statement but I don't expect any. Again, per capita death rate is meaningless. I've shown this on several occasions. Two countries could have the exact same per capita death rate and vastly different death rates per infected person. Which would you rather live in? The one with the better chance of surviving or the one with the worse chance?

Italy already had a large contingent of Chinese living there from Wuhan and huge numbers of Chinese tourists who arrived in the period leading up to the pandemic, many from Wuhan. China knew of the danger, hid it and unleashed it on the world. Yet, you're fixated on Trump.

Biden's Obama's comment is only one among the many he has made over his career. It wasn't clumsy. It was Biden saying what he really thought about all the AA candidates before Obama. His backtracking was simply ass covering. He called Robert Byrd, an actual KKK member, his mentor. He called black men "super predators". He said if busing happened that his kids would grow up in a "racial jungle" This is your man.

Still haven't answered the question. Why didn't European countries see nearly as many deaths as the U.S.? After all, they didn't ban travel from China before the U.S. did. Trump didn't save hundreds of thousands of lives, that's obvious. You always excuse Trump's lies, it's so pathetic.

You're very critical of Biden's "racists" comments, but you have nothing to say about Trump's racist comments. What a total hypocrite.

A sure sign you lost your argument. ^ Insults are the last resort of insecure people with a crumbling position trying to look confident.

Hilarious. The left can't operate without vitriol as they've shown for 4 years. Biden is clearly a crook, liar and flip flopper not to mention mentally sinking. This is fact whether you like it or not.

What about the chart that shows conviction rates per 100,000 people don't you understand? There are less criminal convictions for 100,000 undocumenteds than for 100,000 citizens.

I understand it fine. I just misread what the numbers were for. I revised my post. Again, why should we be satisfied with ANY crime committed by people who should not be here?

The 1st known case of Covid19 in the U.S. was a Chinese American who came back from visiting relatives in Wuhan China. There were 1000's of more who came back AFTER the ban with nothing but a cursory fever check and a paper saying they should quarantine. The ban did not work and our infection rates prove it.

On January 19, 2020, a 35-year-old man presented to an urgent care clinic in Snohomish County, Washington, with a 4-day history of cough and subjective fever. On checking into the clinic, the patient put on a mask in the waiting room. After waiting approximately 20 minutes, he was taken into an examination room and underwent evaluation by a provider. He disclosed that he had returned to Washington State on January 15 after traveling to visit family in Wuhan, China. The patient stated that he had seen a health alert from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) about the novel coronavirus outbreak in China and, because of his symptoms and recent travel, decided to see a health care provider.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2001191

Still haven't answered the question. Why didn't European countries see nearly as many deaths as the U.S.? After all, they didn't ban travel from China before the U.S. did. Trump didn't save hundreds of thousands of lives, that's obvious. You always excuse Trump's lies, it's so pathetic.

You're very critical of Biden's "racists" comments, but you have nothing to say about Trump's racist comments. What a total hypocrite.

I don't know why Europe has lower per capita rates. Maybe if a bunch of our states like NY, NJ, PA and MI hadn't totally failed, our numbers would look different. I'm also sure that thousands and thousands of deaths of people with other serious conditions have been listed as Covid deaths if the people had even the slightest indication of infection. A heart patient who dies with Covid didn't necessarily die from Covid. Same for cancer patients and many others.

Again, though, our death rate per infected person is 2.52%. Italy's is 5.69% UK's is 4.65%. Canada's is 4.33%. We're better than France and Spain, too. I'd rather be where I have the best chance of surviving if I happened to catch the virus.

Maybe if neither the US nor Europe banned any travel, all the rates would be higher. More infected people means more chances to spread the disease.

You call Trump's "birtherism" a symptom of racism when maybe he simply sized up Obama for the empty suit he was. All I know is that Trump has done much more for blacks than Obama and his support among them is increasing as a result.

Every day I ask myself the same question: How can this be happening in America? How can people like these be in charge of our country? If I didn’t see it with my own eyes, I’d think I was having a hallucination. — Philip Roth, novelist ...
The upcoming election and its aftermath will undoubtedly keep the citizenry divided and at each other’s throats, so busy fighting each other that they never manage to present a unified front against tyranny in any form. Yet the winner has already been decided. As American satirist H.L. Mencken predicted almost a century ago:

You cannot have a republican form of government—nor a democratic one, for that matter—when the government views itself as superior to the citizenry, when it no longer operates for the benefit of the people, when the people are no longer able to peacefully reform their government, when government officials cease to act like public servants, when elected officials no longer represent the will of the people, when the government routinely violates the rights of the people and perpetrates more violence against the citizenry than the criminal class, when government spending is unaccountable and unaccounted for, when the judiciary act as courts of order rather than justice, and when the government is no longer bound by the laws of the Constitution.

For too long, the American people have obeyed the government’s dictates, no matter now unjust.

We have paid its taxes, penalties and fines, no matter how outrageous. We have tolerated its indignities, insults and abuses, no matter how egregious. We have turned a blind eye to its indiscretions and incompetence, no matter how imprudent. We have held our silence in the face of its lawlessness, licentiousness and corruption, no matter how illicit.

For the moment, the American people seem content to sit back and watch the reality TV programming that passes for politics today. It’s the modern-day equivalent of bread and circuses, a carefully calibrated exercise in how to manipulate, polarize, propagandize and control a population.

As French philosopher Etienne de La Boétie observed half a millennium ago:

...And I can promise you that when I do eventually turn on the TV, John Carpenter—not Donald Trump or Joe Biden—will be my pick for escapist entertainment...Carpenter sees the government working against its own citizens...

They Live (1988): This film, which I explore in detail in my books, assumes the future has already arrived. John Nada is a homeless person who stumbles across a resistance movement and finds a pair of sunglasses that enables him to see the real world around him. What he discovers is a monochrome reality in a world controlled by ominous beings who bombard the citizens with subliminal messages such as “obey” and “conform.” Carpenter makes an effective political point about the underclass (everyone except those in power, that is): we, the prisoners of our devices, are too busy sucking up the entertainment trivia beamed into our brains and attacking each other to start an effective resistance movement. As the Bearded Man in They Live tells us:
The moron you are talking about is Biden, a 47 year do nothing bench warming crook!!!!

The 1st known case of Covid19 in the U.S. was a Chinese American who came back from visiting relatives in Wuhan China. There were 1000's of more who came back AFTER the ban with nothing but a cursory fever check and a paper saying they should quarantine. The ban did not work and our infection rates prove it.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2001191

Your anecdote proves no such thing and actually argues for the opposite. If thousands of infected Chinese were added to our own returning citizens what do you think that would have done to the infection rate?

I don't know why Europe has lower per capita rates. Maybe if a bunch of our states like NY, NJ, PA and MI hadn't totally failed, our numbers would look different. I'm also sure that thousands and thousands of deaths of people with other serious conditions have been listed as Covid deaths if the people had even the slightest indication of infection. A heart patient who dies with Covid didn't necessarily die from Covid. Same for cancer patients and many others.

Again, though, our death rate per infected person is 2.52%. Italy's is 5.69% UK's is 4.65%. Canada's is 4.33%. We're better than France and Spain, too. I'd rather be where I have the best chance of surviving if I happened to catch the virus.

Maybe if neither the US nor Europe banned any travel, all the rates would be higher. More infected people means more chances to spread the disease.

You call Trump's "birtherism" a symptom of racism when maybe he simply sized up Obama for the empty suit he was. All I know is that Trump has done much more for blacks than Obama and his support among them is increasing as a result.

The meme that covid patients were on their last legs and were going to die anyway is totally false. Excess death numbers are over 100,000 more than reported covid deaths. What did all those people die from unexpectedly if not covid? Be specific. You are part of a death cult and you will be stopped by us sane voters that still feel that human lives have value. Death rates of the infected assume we have counted all the infected which was not true in NYS or many countries in Europe too. Antibody tests show 21% of the NYC population was infected meaning NY's death rate is actually LOWER than the U.S. average. There is still no approved treatment for the virus that has been shown to reduce anyones chances of death significantly either.

As of October 15, 216,025 deaths from COVID-19 have been reported in the United States; however, this might underestimate the total impact of the pandemic on mortality.

What is added by this report?

Overall, an estimated 299,028 excess deaths occurred from late January through October 3, 2020, with 198,081 (66%) excess deaths attributed to COVID-19. The largest percentage increases were seen among adults aged 25–44 years and among Hispanic or Latino persons.

What are the implications for public health practice?
These results inform efforts to prevent mortality directly or indirectly associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, such as efforts to minimize disruptions to health care.
https://www.newsweek.com/test-shows...e-samples-have-coronavirus-antibodies-1499878
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6942e2.htm

Last edited:
The meme that covid patients were on their last legs and were going to die anyway is totally false. Excess death numbers are over 100,000 more than reported covid deaths. What did all those people die from unexpectedly if not covid? Be specific. You are part of a death cult and you will be stopped by us sane voters that still feel that human lives have value.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6942e2.htm

Good grief. If somebody is battling cancer or heart disease and they die with Covid, who says that they wouldn't have died without Covid? Is it really difficult to figure out that having serious diseases leads to death, especially when these people have been terrified into staying home rather than seeing their doctors or getting their treatments?

Oh, and don't give me this death cult bullshit. The abortion all day, every day crowd cares nothing for life. They're the same ones who favor assisted suicide and have no problem leaving the homeless laying about the streets. They think giving them clean needles and hosing down their feces is somehow compassion. They are the very last people who should be talking about sanity, decency or virtue.

Good grief. If somebody is battling cancer or heart disease and they die with Covid, who says that they wouldn't have died without Covid? Is it really difficult to figure out that having serious diseases leads to death, especially when these people have been terrified into staying home rather than seeing their doctors or getting their treatments?

Oh, and don't give me this death cult bullshit. The abortion all day, every day crowd cares nothing for life. They're the same ones who favor assisted suicide and have no problem leaving the homeless laying about the streets. They think giving them clean needles and hosing down their feces is somehow compassion. They are the very last people who should be talking about sanity, decency or virtue.
So you have no explanation for the 300,000 excess deaths in this country since covid then? You do know that all other diseases are part of the normal deaths that are expected every year. These excess deaths have no explanation but this new and deadly virus. You really are in a death cult. You care more about unwanted clumps of cells than living breathing human beings who are being struck down at a rate of 1000 a day and Trump is doing nothing but helping the virus spread.

tmw2020-04-15printcolor.jpg

So you have no explanation for the 300,000 excess deaths in this country since covid then? You do know that all other diseases are part of the normal deaths that are expected every year. These excess deaths have no explanation but this new and deadly virus. You really are in a death cult. You care more about unwanted clumps of cells than living breathing human beings who are being struck down at a rate of 1000 a day and Trump is doing nothing but helping the virus spread.

This is pure stupid. There's little that Trump can do other than try to protect the vulnerable. Europe is having a huge surge and they are almost totally locked down. I don't see you blaming Macron or Boris Johnson. The only cult is the hate Trump cult. Whatever will you do when he finally goes? The withdrawal will be terrible no doubt.

Your inability to call out China which is responsible for ALL the deaths, is also duly noted.

Back
Top Bottom