• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The White House Will Be Adorned By A Downright Moron

H. E. Panqui

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Every day I ask myself the same question: How can this be happening in America? How can people like these be in charge of our country? If I didn’t see it with my own eyes, I’d think I was having a hallucination. — Philip Roth, novelist ...
The upcoming election and its aftermath will undoubtedly keep the citizenry divided and at each other’s throats, so busy fighting each other that they never manage to present a unified front against tyranny in any form. Yet the winner has already been decided. As American satirist H.L. Mencken predicted almost a century ago:

All the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum. The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron...
You cannot have a republican form of government—nor a democratic one, for that matter—when the government views itself as superior to the citizenry, when it no longer operates for the benefit of the people, when the people are no longer able to peacefully reform their government, when government officials cease to act like public servants, when elected officials no longer represent the will of the people, when the government routinely violates the rights of the people and perpetrates more violence against the citizenry than the criminal class, when government spending is unaccountable and unaccounted for, when the judiciary act as courts of order rather than justice, and when the government is no longer bound by the laws of the Constitution.

For too long, the American people have obeyed the government’s dictates, no matter now unjust.

We have paid its taxes, penalties and fines, no matter how outrageous. We have tolerated its indignities, insults and abuses, no matter how egregious. We have turned a blind eye to its indiscretions and incompetence, no matter how imprudent. We have held our silence in the face of its lawlessness, licentiousness and corruption, no matter how illicit.

For the moment, the American people seem content to sit back and watch the reality TV programming that passes for politics today. It’s the modern-day equivalent of bread and circuses, a carefully calibrated exercise in how to manipulate, polarize, propagandize and control a population.

As French philosopher Etienne de La Boétie observed half a millennium ago:

Plays, farces, spectacles, gladiators, strange beasts, medals, pictures, and other such opiates, these were for ancient peoples the bait toward slavery, the price of their liberty, the instruments of tyranny. By these practices and enticements the ancient dictators so successfully lulled their subjects under the yoke, that the stupefied peoples, fascinated by the pastimes and vain pleasures flashed before their eyes, learned subservience as naively, but not so creditably, as little children learn to read by looking at bright picture books.
...And I can promise you that when I do eventually turn on the TV, John Carpenter—not Donald Trump or Joe Biden—will be my pick for escapist entertainment...Carpenter sees the government working against its own citizens...

They Live (1988): This film, which I explore in detail in my books, assumes the future has already arrived. John Nada is a homeless person who stumbles across a resistance movement and finds a pair of sunglasses that enables him to see the real world around him. What he discovers is a monochrome reality in a world controlled by ominous beings who bombard the citizens with subliminal messages such as “obey” and “conform.” Carpenter makes an effective political point about the underclass (everyone except those in power, that is): we, the prisoners of our devices, are too busy sucking up the entertainment trivia beamed into our brains and attacking each other to start an effective resistance movement. As the Bearded Man in They Live tells us:

The poor and the underclass are growing. Racial justice and human rights are non-existent. They have created a repressive society and we are their unwitting accomplices . . . They are dismantling the sleeping middle class. More and more people are becoming poor. We are their cattle. We are being bred for slavery....

Every day I ask myself the same question: How can this be happening in America? How can people like these be in charge of our country? If I didn’t see it with my own eyes, I’d think I was having a hallucination. — Philip Roth, novelist ...
The upcoming election and its aftermath will undoubtedly keep the citizenry divided and at each other’s throats, so busy fighting each other that they never manage to present a unified front against tyranny in any form. Yet the winner has already been decided. As American satirist H.L. Mencken predicted almost a century ago:

You cannot have a republican form of government—nor a democratic one, for that matter—when the government views itself as superior to the citizenry, when it no longer operates for the benefit of the people, when the people are no longer able to peacefully reform their government, when government officials cease to act like public servants, when elected officials no longer represent the will of the people, when the government routinely violates the rights of the people and perpetrates more violence against the citizenry than the criminal class, when government spending is unaccountable and unaccounted for, when the judiciary act as courts of order rather than justice, and when the government is no longer bound by the laws of the Constitution.

For too long, the American people have obeyed the government’s dictates, no matter now unjust.

We have paid its taxes, penalties and fines, no matter how outrageous. We have tolerated its indignities, insults and abuses, no matter how egregious. We have turned a blind eye to its indiscretions and incompetence, no matter how imprudent. We have held our silence in the face of its lawlessness, licentiousness and corruption, no matter how illicit.

For the moment, the American people seem content to sit back and watch the reality TV programming that passes for politics today. It’s the modern-day equivalent of bread and circuses, a carefully calibrated exercise in how to manipulate, polarize, propagandize and control a population.

...And I can promise you that when I do eventually turn on the TV, John Carpenter—not Donald Trump or Joe Biden—will be my pick for escapist entertainment...Carpenter sees the government working against its own citizens...

They Live (1988): This film, which I explore in detail in my books, assumes the future has already arrived. John Nada is a homeless person who stumbles across a resistance movement and finds a pair of sunglasses that enables him to see the real world around him. What he discovers is a monochrome reality in a world controlled by ominous beings who bombard the citizens with subliminal messages such as “obey” and “conform.” Carpenter makes an effective political point about the underclass (everyone except those in power, that is): we, the prisoners of our devices, are too busy sucking up the entertainment trivia beamed into our brains and attacking each other to start an effective resistance movement. As the Bearded Man in They Live tells us:
A bit hyperbolic perhaps but the premise is spot on.

Civics is yet another casualty of the US education system.

When there is the potential for minority rule, which the Electoral College allows, there is always the possibility that something very bad can happen to this country.

It happened in 2000 with Bush. And just when I didn't think it was possible for a President to be worse than Bush, it happened 10 times worse with Trump's reign.

What's your point?

"Adorned" means decorated.

I think you meant "occupied."

When there is the potential for minority rule, which the Electoral College allows, there is always the possibility that something very bad can happen to this country.

It happened in 2000 with Bush. And just when I didn't think it was possible for a President to be worse than Bush, it happened 10 times worse with Trump's reign.

Uh, Bush got us into a mindless, endless, pointless war. Trump did not. That alone makes Trump a much better president.

There are many character flaws about Trump, but his belief that he is smarter than anyone else when he is leading the country is the scariest of them all

Trump IS smarter than any Democrat. That isn't even up for debate. It's why he's had to go around undoing all their stupid trade deals and horrible treaties. No wonder Biden supported all of them.

Trump IS smarter than any Democrat. That isn't even up for debate. It's why he's had to go around undoing all their stupid trade deals and horrible treaties. No wonder Biden supported all of them.
LOL There is a reason that Trump's SOS called him a F***ing Moron because he is. Trump has failed in every possible way. His trade war put our manufacturing sector in to recession, raised our trade deficits to record highs and cost us 100's of billions in tariffs that Americans paid and many more billions in AG subsidies to prop up our farmers. It will be decades before they can regain their markets they lost because of Trump.

Trump IS smarter than any Democrat. That isn't even up for debate.

Trump told people to drink Klorox in order to kill COVID-19. Need I say more?

Have some freaking dignity, dude. Trump will be out of office in a few weeks, there is no reason to keep being his lapdog.

That could actually be the stupidest thing you've ever said, which is saying a lot.

Wow! You certainly live in a different world right now. Get yourself up to date if you can.

LOL There is a reason that Trump's SOS called him a F***ing Moron because he is. Trump has failed in every possible way. His trade war put our manufacturing sector in to recession, raised our trade deficits to record highs and cost us 100's of billions in tariffs that Americans paid and many more billions in AG subsidies to prop up our farmers. It will be decades before they can regain their markets they lost because of Trump.

The China pandemic is the ONLY reason this election is even close. Biden wouldn't get 10 states otherwise. You need to thank your Chinese buddies like Biden plans to.

Have some freaking dignity, dude. Trump will be out of office in a few weeks, there is no reason to keep being his lapdog.

That could actually be the stupidest thing you've ever said, which is saying a lot.

Your halfwit, senile, money besotted swamp crook is going to lose so you better stock up on Klennex now while supplies last. I can't wait for the primal screaming again. How many cities will you burn down this time?

Uh, Bush got us into a mindless, endless, pointless war. Trump did not. That alone makes Trump a much better president.

Bush was corrupt and made lots of terrible decisions, but Trump is on a whole different wavelength. Bush did not like Putin or Russia, so that automatically means he had more character than Trump. And character and patriotism do matter. Trump lacks both.

And I'm willing to bet you weren't saying that about Bush 15 years ago.

You have to be pretty freaking stupid to be a Washington insider and lose a election to a dick head like Trump.

Democrats proved this already and you want to run your mouth?

Your halfwit, senile, money besotted swamp crook is going to lose so you better stock up on Klennex now while supplies last. I can't wait for the primal screaming again. How many cities will you burn down this time?

LOL. None. But I'm sure the White Supremacist Repug Party will kill lots of minorities once Trump is finally dragged out of the White House.

The China pandemic is the ONLY reason this election is even close. Biden wouldn't get 10 states otherwise. You need to thank your Chinese buddies like Biden plans to.
That is just a fantasy. Trump never has had the support of a majority of Americans and was always a longshot for reelection. You are right that his covid 19 response is now the dominant force in this election. People are voting like their lives depend on it. Because they do.

Unfortunately once it got to the US Trump did nothing to stop it for weeks although he admitted to Woodward that it was far worse than the Flu. You need to hope Biden wins and gets us on the road to recovery since Trump has now dismissed COVID-19.

LOL. None. But I'm sure the White Supremacist Repug Party will kill lots of minorities once Trump is finally dragged out of the White House.

Get your Kleenex. Trump will win OH, FL, MI and one of either PA or WI and that will be the end. It's coming. Not even your mail fraud will work.

You have to be pretty freaking stupid to be a Washington insider and lose a election to a dick head like Trump.

Democrats proved this already and you want to run your mouth?

Yeah, I want to run my mouth. I mean, isn't fun talking about what a white supremacist half wit Trump is? You're not enjoying this?

Clinton was an unpopular candidate who was unfairly attacked by Repugs for over 20 years. And she STILL got 3 million more votes than the mentally ill sociopath currently in the White House.

Unfortunately once it got to the US Trump did nothing to stop it for weeks although he admitted to Woodward that it was far worse than the Flu. You need to hope Biden wins and gets us on the road to recovery since Trump has now dismissed COVID-19.
The travel ban was 10 days after our first case. That's not weeks or months or whatever other lie the left tells.

He has not pulled us out of any wars either, and it seems trump wants a war with a portion of the American People.

The travel ban was 10 days after our first case. That's not weeks or months or whatever other lie the left tells.
And he allowed over 40,000 more to come from China after the ban and the virus snuck in from Europe while he still thought it was the Flu.

Over 46,000 people still arrived in the US after that. All of them to NY. Need I say more?

Back
Top Bottom