• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The "What do you drink" thread

What do you like to drink on a regular basis (at least a few times a week)

• Tea (sweet)

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Tea (unsweet)

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Coffee (black)

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Coffee (snazzed up)

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Liquor (straight up)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liquor (mixed with something tasty)

• Juice (V8, concentrate, etc etc etc)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Soda (any and all kinds)

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Water (pure, flavored, etc)

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Kool Aid (and other drink mixes of this nature)

• Total voters

Aunt Spiker

Cheese
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Ok - I'll try to make this as much of a variety as possible. . .it's multiple choice (should be if I remember to select the option).

ARG - I KNEW I'd forget to select multiple-choice . . . can a mod fix that? I tried to change it.

LOL

Last edited:
Sweat Tea. Its probably the best thing the south has come up with so far.

I only drink water.

And beer, and wine, and campari.

In short, every day I have some hot tea, a lot of water, and some kind of milk (be it almond, coconut, or whole).

Oolong or Green tea at work, a couple of mugs of it. And it must be sweetened, but I use agave. Then water the rest of the day.

I drink almond milk in my protein shakes and in my "recovery drink" (chocolate milk) I was drinking non-homogenized whole milk in both, but I'm not allowed to have lactose right now.

I have a pepsi a couple of times a week. Or more often when I'm feeling sick like I have been today and yesterday. (settles my tummy)

I have wine a couple of times a week too.

Sweat Tea. Its probably the best thing the south has come up with so far.

I can agree with that one, mainly because I am on probation and am not allowed to drink beer. LOL.

My own urine. Like Patches O'Hoolihan from Dodgeball, I do it "because it's sterile and I like the taste".

I drink a lot of water, and maybe 5 or 6 cans of diet pop a week. Anything else is less frequent than that.

Water every day, tea almost every day, coffee every day (2 cups), soda about 2x a week, homebrew about 2x per week and rarely hard liquor as my stomach just can't take it any more. I have mead about 2x a month but even that's difficult sometimes.

homebrew about 2x per week

I used to homebrew. A lot. My cousin and I brewed about 500 gallons in a year and drank it all. It was crazy as we had 2 closets COMPLETELY full of bottled beer and a HUGE variety of styles, plus we had 12 5-gallon kegs we used. We were drinking 2 kegs, conditioning 2 kegs and filling 2 kegs from the carboys, every week! Our favorite styles were Pineapple Ale, Eisbock, and Kolsch.

What are you into?

Longjin green tea, usually every morning that I have class. It's my favorite.

I used to homebrew. A lot. My cousin and I brewed about 500 gallons in a year and drank it all. It was crazy as we had 2 closets COMPLETELY full of bottled beer and a HUGE variety of styles, plus we had 12 5-gallon kegs we used. We were drinking 2 kegs, conditioning 2 kegs and filling 2 kegs from the carboys, every week! Our favorite styles were Pineapple Ale, Eisbock, and Kolsch.

What are you into?

Pinapple sounds interesting - got the recipe and willing to share by chance?

My and my nephew are hop heads - I've got 6 plants growing outside and taking over my garden as we speak - Columbus and Kent Goldings - so we make a decent amount of IPA but we're recently into the Belgian's - Golden Strongs and even some Farmhouse ale. I have a small cube freezer so right now I have one keg of Honey Lager and 1 keg of dark belgian. Last November I made my seasonal Belgian Persimmon which is around 10.5% abv and has a very righteous kick to it. I'm doing a SMASH high hopped ALE in a week or two to use up the rest of my Galena and Columbus pellets in my freezer. Next on the list will be a blueberry wheat, and then in the fall, I have an elderberry farmhouse ale. Since I grow all my own fruits - I like using what I have around the house. Next year when my current bushes are more productive, I'm planning a black currant porter. I have so many excellent recipes that I just don't have the time to try them all... for example ... a nettle beer recipe I'm dying to try.

I'll be having a belgian persimmon with dinner. Here's a few of my labels.

bloomoo.jpg

HoneyLager.jpg

Last edited:
Water only. I'll have hot tea every couple of weeks.

Pinapple sounds interesting - got the recipe and willing to share by chance?

My and my nephew are hop heads - I've got 6 plants growing outside and taking over my garden as we speak - Columbus and Kent Goldings - so we make a decent amount of IPA but we're recently into the Belgian's - Golden Strongs and even some Farmhouse ale. I have a small cube freezer so right now I have one keg of Honey Lager and 1 keg of dark belgian. Last November I made my seasonal Belgian Persimmon which is around 10.5% abv and has a very righteous kick to it. I'm doing a SMASH high hopped ALE in a week or two to use up the rest of my Galena and Columbus pellets in my freezer. Next on the list will be a blueberry wheat, and then in the fall, I have an elderberry farmhouse ale. Since I grow all my own fruits - I like using what I have around the house. Next year when my current bushes are more productive, I'm planning a black currant porter. I have so many excellent recipes that I just don't have the time to try them all... for example ... a nettle beer recipe I'm dying to try.

I'll be having a belgian persimmon with dinner. Here's a few of my labels.

My mouth is watering! :)

So the Pineapple Ale is basically "dry hopped" with pineapple. We used fresh pineapple, about 2 cups and put it in after the wort was cool, before fermentation. As I recall, it has been ten years ago!

Nice brewhouse, with your own fruits and hops! Sounds damn fine.

I love water, can't get enough of it, probably drink too much of it.

As far as alcohol goes. I LOVE a good Scotch. Fave drink of all time.

I drink Lipton Brisk Zero Calorie Juicy Peach Green Tea every day-- about a gallon a day-- and unsweetened iced tea two or three times per week. Every couple of weeks or so, I'll buy a four-pack of energy drinks and polish them off in an evening.

I'll drink everything put before me as long as it is alcoholic ;)

The one drink I couldn't do without is my morning coffe that has to be strong as Satan as black as the sin.

S Tea. About 5 times a day.
Or water, I like water.

I drink all of that stuff and more! Alas I do NOT drink hard liquer anymore. One minute Im drinking a Mai Tai and the next Im waking up with broken glasses and corn flakes all over the carpet. NOT something I would like to repeat.

Coffee with some milk or cream in it.

I mostly drink water and always keep a pitcher or two in the fridge at home. At work I drink tea

I drink tons of tea... green, white, black and rooibos. All black, no sugar.
I drink about 2 cups of coffee a day, cream only.
I also make fruit smoothies, mostly banana. I think I am part monkey.
I also love beer, wine, martinis, and margaritas, mostly on weekends.
I drink about 3-4 Frescas a week.
I don't drink enough water, though. Only when and after I exercise.

Mostly soda and some water. Working to flip flop that.

Back
Top Bottom