• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The West Is on Fire. Trump Hasn’t Bothered Mentioning It

All their trees within falling distance of the lines. I suspect most of the trees contacting the lines aren't in peoples yards but instead on uninhabited land.
I live here. You are wrong.

Wind storms bring down trees and shut down power to 10s of thousands every winter. Or more. However there's no fire danger because it's wet.

I live here. You are wrong.

Wind storms bring down trees and shut down power to 10s of thousands every winter. Or more. However there's no fire danger because it's wet.

Make that "most of the trees contacting the lines" THAT CAUSE FIRES "aren't in peoples yards but instead on uninhabited land". And a downed line in a residential area that does spark a small fire is put out before it gets big. Residential lines are insulated, transmission lines covering large tracts of uninhabited land are not. Branches simply brushing up against them can spark fires.

Make that "most of the trees contacting the lines" THAT CAUSE FIRES "aren't in peoples yards but instead on uninhabited land". And a downed line in a residential area that does spark a small fire is put out before it gets big. Residential lines are insulated, transmission lines covering large tracts of uninhabited land are not. Branches simply brushing up against them can spark fires.

THOSE FIRES STORM LANDS ,
Are under Federal Dominion

I don't think most readers. GET IT!

Obviously the entire west coast was overdue for a major burn-off. Shows what poor forest management has gotten us over that last few decades.

Obviously the entire west coast was overdue for a major burn-off. Shows what poor forest management has gotten us over that last few decades.
You are mistaken. Only the leftist lower-48 States were overdue for a major fire due to mismanagement. Alaska, which is the majority of the west coast, has not had the fires the leftist lower-48 States have had this year. As I previously demonstrated.

I wonder if Trump is ever going to figure out that the people hardest hit by these fires aren't the ultra-liberal city folks.

Where ya putting the farmers and ranchers and businesses in the communities that serve them? :rolleyes:

Btw, many people in Seattle region can and do completely use solar panels for electricity. I'm sure it's common in other areas. However they still use the power lines because they sell their excess power back to the PUD.

Communities are getting off of fossil fuel-based power. Ours here is mostly hydro powered. It still needs to be transmitted :rolleyes:

Who cares about underground lines breaking? The cost of finding, disruption (roads esp) and digging and repair is much much greater.

Sorry, we are all looking for solutions which will be a combination of many things, but your oversimplification is not realistic.
Money is going to become irrelevant. We're going to have to spend it, like or not. Underground electric lines coupled with renewables will be the only solution, simplistic as it may be. And the farmers and the ranchers are going to have to embrace renewables. Thanks!!

You are mistaken. Only the leftist lower-48 States were overdue for a major fire due to mismanagement. Alaska, which is the majority of the west coast, has not had the fires the leftist lower-48 States have had this year. As I previously demonstrated.

I was speaking only about the lower 48. As you rightly point out the northwest US territory of Alaska is a different matter.

I was speaking only about the lower 48. As you rightly point out the northwest US territory of Alaska is a different matter.
Obviously you are not very well informed. Alaska has been a State since 1959 and has more coastline than all the lower-48 States combined. When referring to "the entire west coast" you need to keep that in mind.

Stop with the "leftist" comments about the lower 48.

Different fire regimes, different weather conditions, different fuel conditions. Take the fuel and fire weather conditions that CA, OR, WA has been exposed to and apply them to AK., AK will burn. 100+degrees, extremely low humidity, high winds, low fuel moistures.

You have not had those types of conditions.

Obviously you are not very well informed. Alaska has been a State since 1959 and has more coastline than all the lower-48 States combined. When referring to "the entire west coast" you need to keep that in mind.

Yeah but Alaska is the land of manly men not fruits and nuts. Do I make my point?

Stop with the "leftist" comments about the lower 48.

Different fire regimes, different weather conditions, different fuel conditions. Take the fuel and fire weather conditions that CA, OR, WA has been exposed to and apply them to AK., AK will burn. 100+degrees, extremely low humidity, high winds, low fuel moistures.

You have not had those types of conditions.
Why should I stop identifying who is responsible for the malfeasance? Who controls Washington State, Oregon, and California if not anti-American leftist freaks? It is their policies that causes people to lose property, and even their lives, during fires that could have been prevented.

Actually, we have had those conditions, and worse. In 2004 more than 6.5 million acres burned in Alaska. That was largely due to a spruce beetle infestation during the 1990s that left millions of acres of dead trees. This year, fewer than 200,000 acres have burned in Alaska, and unlike the leftist lower-48 States, Alaska does not go running to the federal government declaring an emergency after every fire. Only anti-American leftist filth do that sort of thing.

Why should I stop identifying who is responsible for the malfeasance? Who controls Washington State, Oregon, and California if not anti-American leftist freaks? It is their policies that causes people to lose property, and even their lives, during fires that could have been prevented.

Actually, we have had those conditions, and worse. In 2004 more than 6.5 million acres burned in Alaska. That was largely due to a spruce beetle infestation during the 1990s that left millions of acres of dead trees. This year, fewer than 200,000 acres have burned in Alaska, and unlike the leftist lower-48 States, Alaska does not go running to the federal government declaring an emergency after every fire. Only anti-American leftist filth do that sort of thing.

Hint. The State does not control the management of federal lands.

If everyone knows it's impossible why would he keep saying it? It's rather obvious that either he or a large number of his supporters are unaware. So the question is, who is Trump trying to fool?

He said he's entitled to it and didn't agree to a peaceful transfer if power if he loses. Time and again he does this. Either he's serious or he badly needs new material. Jerry Seinfeld knows when a joke has run its course, why doesn't Trump. Are you saying somebody knows more about anything than Trump?
One is part of him jabbing at the left with that same joke and the other is a direct lie.

If you're going to be this desperate in trying to prove yourself correct. Then I don't think you should actually try to post much more, unless you find a legitimate reason to do so. Hell, most of the democrats citing this as some sort of example. Are doing so because of a meme that was released, showing consecutive signs for Trump elections, going all the way past 2032 and forever.
You're basically being caught for pulling the same shtick over and over, and it doesn't help you in the least.

I don't care that Trump joked about. But it is rather annoying that you are not smart enough to catch onto it and instead. You're trying to make it into an issue that doesn't even exist. Much like the majority of your camp did with their harebrained schemes in 2016.

So you are literally unwilling to acknowledge anything that contradicts your position, and then you claim your position is uncontradicted. Trumpers personified.
Other then repeatedly crying about a joke, over and over. You have nothing.
There is no precedent for a third term and even now we know that it's still just a joke, that was memed on. One that Trump liked in his own tweet and it got all of your panties in a twist.

All you have at this point, is allegation. So what do you hope to prove without evidence?

One is part of him jabbing at the left with that same joke and the other is a direct lie.

If you're going to be this desperate in trying to prove yourself correct. Then I don't think you should actually try to post much more, unless you find a legitimate reason to do so. Hell, most of the democrats citing this as some sort of example. Are doing so because of a meme that was released, showing consecutive signs for Trump elections, going all the way past 2032 and forever.
You're basically being caught for pulling the same shtick over and over, and it doesn't help you in the least.

I don't care that Trump joked about. But it is rather annoying that you are not smart enough to catch onto it and instead. You're trying to make it into an issue that doesn't even exist. Much like the majority of your camp did with their harebrained schemes in 2016.

He literally said both of those things. The fact that you choose to disregard reality is not.my problem. Maybe you should stop posting until that changes

Damn, you've figured out Joe Biden's secret plan to burn down America!

Wildfires happen every year, that's why they call it wildfire season. Your posts here are like blaming Republicans for hurricanes because they tend to hit red states. They get federal aid fir that too, so it isn't just leftist filth looking for that.

Damn, you've figured out Joe Biden's secret plan to burn down America!
Not the entire US, just the leftist sh*tholes. Which is where all the rioting and terrorists are located, so it is no great loss.

Wildfires happen every year, that's why they call it wildfire season. Your posts here are like blaming Republicans for hurricanes because they tend to hit red states. They get federal aid fir that too, so it isn't just leftist filth looking for that.
Wildfires do happen every year, and leftist freaks exacerbate those wildfires through their malfeasance and wanton disregard for common sense. Alaska has already had more acres burn than California. Guess how many declared emergencies Alaska has made compared to California? California has 15 declared emergencies for fire incidents in 2020. Alaska has none.

That is a nice little scam California has going on. Burn a few acres and declare a state of emergency to get FEMA funding. No wonder California fires are getting more numerous and bigger, they are feeding off the FEMA cash-cow. Typical leftist filth.

Source: https://www.fema.gov/disasters/disa...e=All&field_dv2_incident_type_target_id=49121

He literally said both of those things. The fact that you choose to disregard reality is not.my problem. Maybe you should stop posting until that changes
You're correct for once, he did in fact say those two things. But where you stop being correct, is the rest of your childish interpretation.

You're welcome.

THOSE FIRES STORM LANDS ,
Are under Federal Dominion

I don't think most readers. GET IT!

BS. Only some are on federal lands. And like Ive already said. It is the Utility companies responsibility to cut back the trees that can contact the lines. Here in Texas, even on private property it is the Utility companies duty to cut back the trees where THEY have constructed power lines. That's why the California utility was sued into bankruptcy BECAUSE THEY are liable

The whole premise of this thread is funny. If Trump opens his mouth and says ANYTHING, the left is all over him like a cobweb. But the theme of this thread is that he hasn't said ENOUGH. If he says anything about anything, he's a blowhard, but with regard to the west, he hasn't said enough?? Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom