• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The West Is on Fire. Trump Hasn’t Bothered Mentioning It

The democrats have done a terrible job of running California, they don't like federal interference and all of a sudden they want Trump to Help.
No. They just want somebody to blame for their mismanagement skills.

Its a legitimate question. The other poster seems to be critical of Trump because he hasn't "proposed funding changes" like Obama did in 2015. Did governor Brown implement Obamas proposal? If he did, were they effective? If no to either, WTF. Why care that Trump hasn't yet "proposed funding changes" to Gov Neusom.

The burning lands are Mostly Federal, Not State as they should be.
Why aren't the Federals managing land they claim management, better.
Because they are managed by Federals, 3,000 miles away.

federal_lands.jpg

Lots of comments from posters living in and around Seattle. I missed their screeching when their city air was filled with the blending stench of urine, feces, and tear gas that continues to fill that s**it hole city for the last 6 months.

No. They just want somebody to blame for their mismanagement skills.
I think most Californians would like the Trump regime to just get out of their affairs. Bluster, lies, and threats don't actually solve anything.

I think most Californians would like the Trump regime to just get out of their affairs. Bluster, lies, and threats don't actually solve anything.
The Trump regime isn’t in their affairs.

Liberal Democrats have had complete unchallenged control in California for a few decades. They have made a mess out of what was one of the best places to live in America. They have no one to blame but themselves.

The cluster-screw which is California isn’t at all on Trump. I’d be willing to bet that a lot of Californians would support the Trump
administration doing something to correct the path liberalism put them on.

California is a perfect demonstration of how liberalism is a failure in every way.

He seems to think he'll be able to negotiate a third term. He's said it on multiple occasions and also said he doesn't joke. It would require dismantling our system of government, but that's what he's been all about.
So you're just willingly going to follow along with this and ignore the fact that it was a direct jab at others.

Alright, I'll bite.

Where has he put forward motions to have a third term made available for himself?
Any of these actually negotiations?
Him calling up anyone to have anything ratified, or new provisions passed?

Come on now. You should have something.

The Trump regime isn’t in their affairs.

Liberal Democrats have had complete unchallenged control in California for a few decades. They have made a mess out of what was one of the best places to live in America. They have no one to blame but themselves.

The cluster-screw which is California isn’t at all on Trump. I’d be willing to bet that a lot of Californians would support the Trump
administration doing something to correct the path liberalism put them on.

California is a perfect demonstration of how liberalism is a failure in every way.
Hello, bot of Russian persuasion. Unchallenged control, as you put it, is actually much more recent in CA. And it still doesn't really exist, as we remain saddled with crazy policies like Prop 13 from decades ago. But you are correct, IMHO, that where liberals get to write the laws with no opposition, dumb laws happen with terrible real world consequences. If we had someone other than an unhinged lunatic on the other side, we might get a better balance. (And no, no sane person would "support the Trump administration" -- do better.)

So you're just willingly going to follow along with this and ignore the fact that it was a direct jab at others.

Alright, I'll bite.

Where has he put forward motions to have a third term made available for himself?

12 more years.

Alright, I'll bite.

The quote, in context, is "We'll win 4 more years, and then we'll negotiate." So, in your mind he switched to a joke mid-sentence, and nobody laughed. Nobody laughed at what is the funniest joke ever in your mind.

So, you say he's lying about these "negotiations." He made a real funny joke and all the "humorless liberals" in his crowd didn't laugh.

The quote, in context, is "We'll win 4 more years, and then we'll negotiate." So, in your mind he switched to a joke mid-sentence, and nobody laughed. Nobody laughed at what is the funniest joke ever in your mind.

So, you say he's lying about these "negotiations." He made a real funny joke and all the "humorless liberals" in his crowd didn't laugh.

You know, being caught lying really isn't something that helps you.

Then again. I still don't see proposed legislation. Just you crying and moaning, about Trump doing what he normally does.

Once again: Are there any legislations, or proposals put forward for this whole premise?

You know, being caught lying really isn't something that helps you.

Then again. I still don't see proposed legislation. Just you crying and moaning, about Trump doing what he normally does.

Once again: Are there any legislations, or proposals put forward for this whole premise?

Lying? Did he say it or not? Did anybody laugh at the really hilarious joke?

He said he'll win 4 more and THEN negotiate. Meaning afterward. So either he will do it in his next term (if he wins) or he outright lied to his supporters.

Lying? Did he say it or not? Did anybody laugh at the really hilarious joke?

He said he'll win 4 more and THEN negotiate. Meaning afterward. So either he will do it in his next term (if he wins) or he outright lied to his supporters.
Did I say that it was a hilarious joke?

Your side has been called out on lying about these things before. You repeatedly either take his words out of context, or competently ignore when something is a joke, or you even don't take account to something just being his opinion.

Everyone knows a third term is not actually possible. So who are you really trying to fool with this continued act?

Guess you've never been to W. WA, W. OR or N. CA where trees are tall enough to cross entire yards, roads, etc etc etc. You'd insist people cut down all their trees? .

All their trees within falling distance of the lines. I suspect most of the trees contacting the lines aren't in peoples yards but instead on uninhabited land.

The burning lands are Mostly Federal, Not State as they should be.

Its still the power company's responsibility to cut back the trees even on federal land. I know here in Texas its the power company's responsibility even on privately held land.

Did I say that it was a hilarious joke?

Your side has been called out on lying about these things before. You repeatedly either take his words out of context, or competently ignore when something is a joke, or you even don't take account to something just being his opinion.

Everyone knows a third term is not actually possible. So who are you really trying to fool with this continued act?

If everyone knows it's impossible why would he keep saying it? It's rather obvious that either he or a large number of his supporters are unaware. So the question is, who is Trump trying to fool?

He said he's entitled to it and didn't agree to a peaceful transfer if power if he loses. Time and again he does this. Either he's serious or he badly needs new material. Jerry Seinfeld knows when a joke has run its course, why doesn't Trump. Are you saying somebody knows more about anything than Trump?

Also not a realistic solution. Entire towns burn. Suburbs burn. And while putting lines beneath the ground helps in some ways, it's not a great idea in earthquake and mudslide areas. The lines break. The lines break or have to be replaced under normal circumstances and finding and fixing those breaks is very expensive.

But you can tell the farmers and ranchers and the small communities and services and businesses that they need to survive that they shouldnt live where they do. (y)
I'm sorry, but it is a realistic solution. Solar and wind, even harnessing water would go a long way to fixing the electrical fire problem. And paying people to relocate is another good idea. And who cares if the lines break if they are underground?? The power can be shut off, and those lines can be repaired without setting fire to vast acreage and "suburbs and towns." The realities are that the climate has been altered and now all we can do is adapt. Admittedly these are not simple problems nor are they inexpensive. Thanks!!

You guys were the laughingstock of the world the last time you guys suggested this.
Except that's what the actual professionals say is needed. You guys only laughed at it because Trump dared agree with them and you couldn't let him have any 'points'

Of course he hasn't. He and his scum lied about COVID, quashing a testing plan because he figured it to his political advantage that COVID kill lots of people in blue states, so that he could then score points by blaming Democrats. What are massive fires in a blue state to a walking crime against virtue such as he?

Besides, California didn't rake its forests, so it probably deserves it.
It took some determination to post that false a message. He has discussed it extensively and publicly - and has promised federal aid.

The only thing Biden has done is promise he is magically going to change earth's atmosphere, which, somehow, magically will extinguish the fires.

So just like the others I've asked, you have nothing.
So you are literally unwilling to acknowledge anything that contradicts your position, and then you claim your position is uncontradicted. Trumpers personified.

I'm sorry, but it is a realistic solution. Solar and wind, even harnessing water would go a long way to fixing the electrical fire problem. And paying people to relocate is another good idea. And who cares if the lines break if they are underground?? The power can be shut off, and those lines can be repaired without setting fire to vast acreage and "suburbs and towns." The realities are that the climate has been altered and now all we can do is adapt. Admittedly these are not simple problems nor are they inexpensive. Thanks!!
Where ya putting the farmers and ranchers and businesses in the communities that serve them? :rolleyes:

Btw, many people in Seattle region can and do completely use solar panels for electricity. I'm sure it's common in other areas. However they still use the power lines because they sell their excess power back to the PUD.

Communities are getting off of fossil fuel-based power. Ours here is mostly hydro powered. It still needs to be transmitted :rolleyes:

Who cares about underground lines breaking? The cost of finding, disruption (roads esp) and digging and repair is much much greater.

Sorry, we are all looking for solutions which will be a combination of many things, but your oversimplification is not realistic.

Back
Top Bottom