• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The West Is on Fire. Trump Hasn’t Bothered Mentioning It

If those trees had been cut back from the powerline right-of-way, it wouldn't have fell on the powerline.
Any moron realizes that powerlines run all thru neighborhoods and that the trees in the PAC and N. CA are very tall and in every yard.

Any moron realizes that it's not only trees near powerline right-of-ways arent the only trees that fall on powerlines.

And what good did that do?
Really.....? You really this desperate?.... this tells me how much you guys dont want to govern.

Failure by the state(s) to take preventative measures is probably a factor in the wildfires or at least the severity of them
The times to take preventative measures have shortened and will continue to do so. Climate change is making that harder to do.

thinning of forests, controlled burns, and yes RAKING!!
You guys were the laughingstock of the world the last time you guys suggested this.

37 separate fires in Oregon... 10 in Washington... Hrmmmm Doesnt antifa love arson? I bet eventually we will have proof that all this was arson.
The time to believe something is when you have evidence. The oregon police dont have any ties with antifa.

Is he related to Fire Marshal Bill?

latest
Lol i use those things all the time. If i wanted to start a fire, i’d use one of those propane torches :p. Incidentally i use both. Fun fact: today the red containers are marked for oxygen.

You guys were the laughingstock of the world the last time you guys suggested this.

The world can laugh all they want. Most of Britain was laughing at Winston Churchill regarding his warnings about Hitler.

But being laughed at does not make you wrong.

The world can laugh all they want. Most of Britain was laughing at Winston Churchill regarding his warnings about Hitler.

But being laughed at does not make you wrong.
They laughed at you guys because you guys were telling people who deal with this sort of thing all the time and are trained to handle this like you knew what you were talking about. You dont. Trust a trumpist to be so ****in brazenly ignorant yet not give a shit what actual experts say.

They laughed at you guys because you guys were telling people who deal with this sort of thing all the time and are trained to handle this like you knew what you were talking about. You dont.

i come from a family of foresters and the area I was raised in was (and is) a timber town. so regardless of my "credentials" I think one should consider me well steeped in proper forest management

i come from a family of foresters and the area I was raised in was (and is) a timber town. so regardless of my "credentials" I think one should consider me well steeped in proper forest management
Suuure ya do. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...-america-rake-again-finland-trump-forest-fire i think Finland knows more about this than Trump ;)

The democrats have done a terrible job of running California, they don't like federal interference and all of a sudden they want Trump to Help.

So the fire just magically stops at the borders?

With the smoke and everything, this affects everyone.

Another tip for the rest of us. That anti-trumpers are either blind, or ignorant.

Well considering that everything he says is a joke according to the cultists, it's hard to taje him seriously. According to you he's a laugh riot.

I agree overpopulation is an issue.
I disagree with your comment about Firewise. It does work. I spent my career in wildfire. You should look at the article on WildFire Today
https://wildfiretoday.com/2020/09/2...extreme-wildfires-is-a-home-ignition-problem/
Mike - all these folks that want to live in remote areas want power, but they don't provide enough revenue to put the lines where they need to be which is underground. So regardless of what they do "around their homes" they still contribute to wildfire problems just by insisting on living in areas prone to fires, and not implementing renewable energy, which frankly, should be the law if they want to live in remote towns in California. The electric company can't be expected to provide energy all over a vast state without stringing lines because trenching them is very expensive and time consuming. The rest of the electric lines servicing big populations should be underground, but naturally, there is a risk with an earthquake, but at least it's not a fire risk. And another point I'd like to make is that these "homes" are not the only consideration. I care a lot about wildlife lost, the pollution and the natural habitat destruction. People are not the only concern. Thanks!!

Mike - all these folks that want to live in remote areas want power, but they don't provide enough revenue to put the lines where they need to be which is underground. So regardless of what they do "around their homes" they still contribute to wildfire problems just by insisting on living in areas prone to fires, and not implementing renewable energy, which frankly, should be the law if they want to live in remote towns in California. The electric company can't be expected to provide energy all over a vast state without stringing lines because trenching them is very expensive and time consuming. The rest of the electric lines servicing big populations should be underground, but naturally, there is a risk with an earthquake, but at least it's not a fire risk. And another point I'd like to make is that these "homes" are not the only consideration. I care a lot about wildlife lost, the pollution and the natural habitat destruction. People are not the only concern. Thanks!!

With or without power homes and properties need to follow FIREWISE standards. The US needs to get back to proper resource management. That takes Congress for the federal property.

Have a good one.

Well considering that everything he says is a joke according to the cultists, it's hard to taje him seriously. According to you he's a laugh riot.
That's something that I, nor anyone else you can cite has actually said.
We've told you time and time again. That taking his words out of context, or actively taking his direct jokes far too seriously. Is something that will only end up biting you in the ass and no one else.

Also not a realistic solution. Entire towns burn. Suburbs burn. And while putting lines beneath the ground helps in some ways, it's not a great idea in earthquake and mudslide areas. The lines break. The lines break or have to be replaced under normal circumstances and finding and fixing those breaks is very expensive.

But you can tell the farmers and ranchers and the small communities and services and businesses that they need to survive that they shouldnt live where they do. (y)

That's something that I, nor anyone else you can cite has actually said.
We've told you time and time again. That taking his words out of context, or actively taking his direct jokes far too seriously. Is something that will only end up biting you in the ass and no one else.

Every time he says something about a third term (which is often) it's a joke. How do you tell the difference between joke and dictate? Is it just when it's inconvenient for you?

Every time he says something about a third term (which is often) it's a joke. How do you tell the difference between joke and dictate? Is it just when it's inconvenient for you?
You do realize that he can't have a third term, right?
That's not legal and the way that he speaks about it, it's obviously a joke aimed to jab at those against him and to get laughs out of his audience.

So are you really going to double down and attempt to brand a joke as something real, despite the fact that it's not even possible?

You do realize that he can't have a third term, right?
That's not legal and the way that he speaks about it, it's obviously a joke aimed to jab at those against him and to get laughs out of his audience.

So are you really going to double down and attempt to brand a joke as something real, despite the fact that it's not even possible?

He seems to think he'll be able to negotiate a third term. He's said it on multiple occasions and also said he doesn't joke. It would require dismantling our system of government, but that's what he's been all about.

He seems to think he'll be able to negotiate a third term. He's said it on multiple occasions and also said he doesn't joke. It would require dismantling our system of government, but that's what he's been all about.
And his buddy Putin has manipulated his laws twice now to extend his presidency.

So basically, in order to combat the impact of climate change, caused by America's system of crony capitalism,...

???? Does Canada's system of capitalism somehow not cause climate change?

Really.....? You really this desperate?.... this tells me how much you guys dont want to govern.

Its a legitimate question. The other poster seems to be critical of Trump because he hasn't "proposed funding changes" like Obama did in 2015. Did governor Brown implement Obamas proposal? If he did, were they effective? If no to either, WTF. Why care that Trump hasn't yet "proposed funding changes" to Gov Neusom.

Also not a realistic solution. Entire towns burn. Suburbs burn. And while putting lines beneath the ground helps in some ways, it's not a great idea in earthquake and mudslide areas. The lines break. The lines break or have to be replaced under normal circumstances and finding and fixing those breaks is very expensive.

Sooooo if underground is too expensive they need to cut back the trees near the lines or find another alternative. Cant keep doing things the same, and then freak out every time when the results are the same.

Sooooo if underground is too expensive they need to cut back the trees near the lines or find another alternative. Cant keep doing things the same, and then freak out every time when the results are the same.
Guess you've never been to W. WA, W. OR or N. CA where trees are tall enough to cross entire yards, roads, etc etc etc. You'd insist people cut down all their trees? And again, it's not always even practical to put lines underground in earthquake and mud slide areas, plus the $$.

We're trying to stick with reality here. Here, PUD goes around and cuts back limbs and does visual examinations of trees near lines...which is everywhere. It's not usually an issue in the areas I mentioned except in exceptionally hot and dry times...because our dampness keeps fire down. But climate change is affecting, duh...the climate :rolleyes:

Btw, cutting down that many trees in the areas I mentioned would affect the local micro-climate and erosion.

Back
Top Bottom