• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The West Is on Fire. Trump Hasn’t Bothered Mentioning It

In Arizona all I had to do was get a fuel wood permit for $5 from the FS and I was good to go for dead and down.

I agree more areas should be opened up to allow the public to gather dead and down wood.

That is good to hear, but there shouldn't be a fee, not even nominal one. After all, you are doing all the work.

That is good to hear, but there shouldn't be a fee, not even nominal one. After all, you are doing all the work.

Won't disagree that it should be free. However the FS and other land management agencies are underfunded. So I don't mind.

Won't disagree that it should be free. However the FS and other land management agencies are underfunded. So I don't mind.

Since there funding comes from Congress they should not be seeking it from the public directly. We are already generously paying for their services via our taxes.

I, for one, refuse to pay anyone for the fungi, berries, and other greens I forage on public lands. They must be insane. I am allowed to take deadwood from State lands (no fee required).

The democrats have done a terrible job of running California, they don't like federal interference and all of a sudden they want Trump to Help.

The vast majority of what is burning is on Federal Land.

He’s been talking about it. He’s been talking about the failed policies forced upon us by the environmental extremists. It’s time for western state governors and their legislatures to reverse those policies.

Congress needs to act on this issue. That would allow for uniformity across the States. Just look at how much federal land is out west.

Congress needs to act on this issue. That would allow for uniformity across the States. Just look at how much federal land is out west.

Different states have different needs. A one size fits all solution is not a solution.

I am 65. A 3rd generation Seattle native. Until a few years ago, I had never seen smoke in Western WA. Now sadly it has become an annual occurrence. We have always had fires. But NOTHING like this.
Don't be surprised when Captain Adverse makes a post completely detached from reality. That's the norm.

I'm not a native PNWer, I came here on purpose 34 years ago. It's been getting progressively worse year over year/ decade over decade. One can't live here and not appreciate climate change.

Different states have different needs. A one size fits all solution is not a solution.

Do you believe that Congress should not of passed NEPA and just left it up to the States?

Do you believe that Congress should not of passed NEPA and just left it up to the States?

I think states have different needs and the feds should not apply “one size fits all” standards or requirements. Our system of government is based on the concept of federalism. If you don’t know what that is, look it up.

The US Congress is irrelevant to this. . This is an issue for individual states.

I think states have different needs and the feds should not apply “one size fits all” standards or requirements. Our system of government is based on the concept of federalism. If you don’t know what that is, look it up.

Sigh. Thanks for not answering the question with a direct answer.

I take it in your world it would be ok for one State to pollute a resource that could effect another State.

There is different levels of guidance. One can have federal guidance/regulations that allow flexibility at the State level.

Do you do work in the natural resource field?

In my state, the US forest service came in to take care of fires on federal property. The state in cooperation with the EPA sure the forest service and forced them to stop.

Federal land managers are local federal employees, but the land is federal. When there is a land management change, its subject to local public comment periods. The EPA has nothing to do with federal land management.

He’s been talking about it. He’s been talking about the failed policies forced upon us by the environmental extremists. It’s time for western state governors and their legislatures to reverse those policies.

I would be worried if I were you. Tahuya is ripe for a fire.

With regard to the environment, I am convinced that there are areas that people should NOT be living, and certainly things they should not be doing. Trash burning, for example, should be against the law on a federal level, because it not only impacts neighbors in terms of hazard, but impacts the air that across the nation, we all have to breathe. Thanks!!

The party of environmental regulation can't manage their forests. Surprise.

No matter how hard one tries to spin it, this isn't a Trump-made issue.

Democratic Party led states have failed their cities and their rural treasures. What a crap party of failed policy.

Most of what's burning in california is federal land, not state land. Maybe you and trump and a few of his followers can go out and rake the federal land?

The democrats have done a terrible job of running California, they don't like federal interference and all of a sudden they want Trump to Help.

How does that work where fires are pnly caused by Democrats who are then responsible for bad forest management? Do you really think poor forest management is why there are forest fires? Is that it you just repeat like a parrot what Trump says to expoloit the fires by Trump as a partisan issue to try get votes in California? That's it? Really? You just need a scapegoat to blame and presto you think you have it all figured out because Trump has been spearheading proper management of federal state parks? Reallhy?

You are being manipulated. You have fallen for the exercise of hate and finding a scapegoat to blame a problem on rather than discuss the problem and understand why it is happening and what we can do to address it. Never once has Trump provided an alternative to the policies he claims he challenges in California. That is his entire m.o. He points out what is wrong BUT NEVER offers a solution.

Give me one environmental policy he has issued to address fires in California and how he pointed out they should have been but were not followed. I won't hold my breath.

If you think California fires are caused by poor tree management by Democrats prove it. Provide concrete examples how what the State of California has done that led to the fires.

The fires have occurred for many years now regardless of whether Schwarznegger or Brown was in power and they happened when Reagan was Governor. The phenomena associated with California wild fires is draught and lack of rain.

The change in climate and weather patterns from warmer ocean temperatures has p produced world wide weather phenomena including draughts and then when there is rain, intense rain that comes down in much shorter periods of time causing flooding.

While we are at it, if some jack ass wants to have a party during Covid 19 because Trump told him not to worry about Covid 19, and his idiot guest throws a damn cigarette into the bush, doesn't do it because of California forest management. However if you think prohibiting parties and people from smoking is the solution have Trump send in the federal troops. That seems to be his solution. That and blaming it on illegals.

For those of us who try our best to educate ourselves about the ecosphere, we understand global changes related to accelerated earth temperature are causing intense forest fires after draughts. They are part of a phenomena regarding ocean currents changed from warmer surface temperature on sea that then change wind current and weather conditions regarding rains, hurricanes, typhoons.

We have gone from extremely intense rain falls with much more rain in shorter periods of time delivered to extended periods of draught. It is a global phenomena. Tell me did Democrats cause the forest fires in Australia? You think the Australian governments during their forest fires were only identical in belief to Democrats in California? You think the forest fires in Canada we have been experiencing are the result of Democrats?

Come on man. Its an apolitical issue. Instead of scapegoating and exploiting this issue for some votes based on anger can Trump be a leader and provide a concrete policy? Of course not. His whole m.o. is to tell you to be angry at everyone and everything and believe he is your Messiah. Other than whip you up like an angry mob participant with a torch looking to kill Frankenstein, what has he done to make your country better? You have any idea what kind of cut backs he implemented as to forest management and other environmental safeguards and you want to blame Democrats for what he has done? Go on explain how his extreme cut backs have contributed to a better environment. Please.

Last edited:
California deals with this every year, let them deal with it now.

unless they defunded the fire departments as well...

hey, you know, fires aren't racists so...gotta be kosher in their book.

In my state, the US forest service came in to take care of fires on federal property. The state in cooperation with the EPA sure the forest service and forced them to stop.
Do you have a link to what you are talking about?
If not, I am calling bs.

Wasn't that the conservative argued against with COVID?

Back
Top Bottom