• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Washington Post finally admits it's Hunter's laptop, too

NatMorton

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
EXCLUSIVE: Now Washington Post reverses course! Paper joins NYT in finally admitting Hunter Biden's laptop IS REAL - nine months after it first received - and dismissed - a copy of the hard drive and ONE YEAR after DailyMail.com authenticated it

source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ns-laptop-real-nine-months-received-copy.html

And there are still people here on DP who are clinging to the idea that the information is false. It's like they're in a bad relationship with last year's propaganda. It's time to move on.

Back to the story, it is, IMO, way too coincidental that both The Times and Post would quietly acknowledge their earlier misinformation within a couple of weeks of each other. There's something brewing, and one explanation that fits the facts is one I cited in another thread: there's some big revelation coming from the data on that laptop and the these DNC ... err ... media outlets are attempting to get ahead of the story.

Watch this space.

And there are still people here on DP who are clinging to the idea that the information is false. It's like they're in a bad relationship with last year's propaganda. It's time to move on.

Watch this space.
OMG! - 😱

. . . . well, I certainly won't be voting for Hunter Biden then!

Do you reeeeeeeealy think dear old dad didn't get a cut of all that cash?
I mean, c'mon, seriously? For reals?
He was the product little Hunter was selling, after all.

Another memo from the land of zero evidence. Joe Biden's taxes are no secret, and have been released for many years now.
Conversely, where are Trump's taxes?

Another memo from the land of zero evidence. Joe Biden's taxes are no secret, and have been released for many years now.
Conversely, where are Trump's taxes?
Didn't that political hack of a New York DA drop Trump's case?
Doesn't matter. We're talking about Joe here.

Yeah, trouble is brewing for Hunter. The fact that NYT and WaPo is trying to get ahead of the story smells of damage control by the DNC.

Here's what I expect soon: FACT CHECK - Joe Biden is NOT involved!!
Involved in what?

Who's next, the Eastside Shopper?

If you read the WaPo article, you know stuff such as that multiple unidentified people accessed the drive, created folders, moved filed, did unidentifiable things during its alleged not-in-Hunter possession.

One could write a 500 page bullet-point memo about why it's pure bullshit and it wouldn't matter. Trumpists will say it is proof of crimes against humanity no matter what, and non-Trumpists won't buy it until a jury convicts.

Whatevs, nothingburger central. I mean @NatMorton. I might consider paying attention when at least one person you lot have been commanded to accuse of crimes gets indicted.

When did Biden refuse to release his taxes?

Do you reeeeeeeealy think ...

that all the people and agencies that have supposedly seen the laptop materials - the FBI, Bill Barr, DOJ, DE AG, Steve Bannon, Rudy G, Rudy's lawyer, Tucker - were in cahoots to protect Joe Biden?

As noted by Mr Person in post #11, in what is sadly normal behaviour for certain 'conservative' entities, the article from the Daily Mail is "pure bullshit" and definitely a "nothingburger"

from the Daily Mail piece
The Washington Post has finally admitted Hunter Biden's laptop is real, nine months after first receiving a copy and a full year after DailyMail.com authenticated it.
[. . .]
After months of publishing articles suggesting the laptop could be Russian disinformation, the analysis published by the newspaper on Wednesday marks a startling u-turn.

for some reason, that rational persons can comprehend - others may have a comprehension problem - the WaPost's article doesn't quite fit with the claim laid out by the Mail
Hunter Biden’s laptop has been the subject of intense debate since October 2020, when the New York Post first published accusations that the laptop contained information suggesting that Biden’s business deals had also enriched his father, now President Biden. Republicans have hailed the laptop as evidence of wrongdoing, while Democrats have suggested it had been manipulated and may have included misinformation planted by the Russian government.

The examinations of the portable drive by Green and Williams were largely inconclusive. Both researchers, who worked independently of each other, determined that the data contained on the drive was so compromised by a variety of factors that definitive conclusions about most of its contents were impossible. But they did agree that nearly 22,000 emails contained on the portable drive were authentic — meaning they contained cryptographic signatures that indicated they came from the accounts that they claimed to be from and had not been manipulated in some way.

Wow! That sounds totally incriminating for Hunter and his Dad - 22,000 emails verified as authentic, though no mention is made of the contents of those emails. Nevermind the 107,000 emails that don't have verification.

One rather inconsequential matter that bugs me about the whole HUNTER BIDEN LAPTOP!!! kerfuffle. It is not the laptop that should be the focus of the mess, it is a portable hard drive that contains all of the stuff we want to know about. A portable hard drive that has passed thru many hands since the repair show owner handed it and the laptop to Giuliani

ABC reports, "The Department of Justice is expanding its criminal probe into the events of Jan. 6 to include preparations for the rally that preceded the storming of the U.S. Capitol, as well as the financing for the event, multiple sources familiar with the matter tell ABC News.

"Over the past two months, grand jury subpoenas have been sent to those who assisted in the organizing and planning of former President Donald Trump's "Save America" rally on the Ellipse near the White House.

"The subpoenas to individuals with knowledge of the event are expansive, the sources said. Prosecutors are seeking multiple records and documents related to the rally, including text messages and emails, as well as potential communications with other individuals regarding the logistics of the event."

On a different front, Trump continued his assault on American democracy. On two occasions recently Trump praised Vladimir Putin. The former President asserted that the war criminal who has viciously assaulted Ukraine is a "savvy genius" and "smart." Just other day he asked Putin for help to dig up dirt on the President's son (See post #1012).

Stephen Collinson writes, "Trump’s latest appeal offers a window into his twisted morality as he lines up again alongside Putin. This may be the ex-President’s most twisted and pathological attempt yet to corruptly advance his own political career ahead of a possible 2024 White House bid. His thinking seems to be clear. Putin might be raining atrocities on Ukrainian citizens, bombing hospitals, apartment blocks, razing entire cities and sending 4 million refugees west into Europe. But Trump seems willing to overlook all of that in service of his own perceived interests.

"Not only is Trump seeking to cook up a self-serving conspiracy with a Russian President much of the world now regards as a war criminal. He’s also asking an enemy of the United States, who has threatened nuclear war, to damage the American commander-in-chief who is leading the West in an effort to aid an innocent, invaded nation and to save democracy."

If you read the WaPo article, you know stuff such as that multiple unidentified people accessed the drive, created folders, moved filed, did unidentifiable things during its alleged not-in-Hunter possession.

One could write a 500 page bullet-point memo about why it's pure bullshit and it wouldn't matter. Trumpists will say it is proof of crimes against humanity no matter what, and non-Trumpists won't buy it until a jury convicts.

Whatevs, nothingburger central. I mean @NatMorton. I might consider paying attention when at least one person you lot have been commanded to accuse of crimes gets indicted.

Is that why you show up and flap your arms every time it's mentioned?

You shower more attention on the subject than Fox.

source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ns-laptop-real-nine-months-received-copy.html

Back to the story, it is, IMO, way too coincidental that both The Times and Post would quietly acknowledge their earlier misinformation within a couple of weeks of each other. There's something brewing, and one explanation that fits the facts is one I cited in another thread: there's some big revelation coming from the data on that laptop and the these DNC ... err ... media outlets are attempting to get ahead of the story.

Watch this space.

Your OP is a total lie. That's why you can never be taken seriously.

The Washington Post could not conclusively prove that it was Hunter Biden's laptop, as this article today stated. --

Among the reasons for the inconclusive findings was sloppy handling of the data, which damaged some records. The experts found the data had been repeatedly accessed and copied by people other than Hunter Biden over nearly three years. The MacBook itself is now in the hands of the FBI, which is investigating whether Hunter Biden properly reported income from business dealings.

Most of the data obtained by The Post lacks cryptographic features that would help experts make a reliable determination of authenticity, especially in a case where the original computer and its hard drive are not available for forensic examination. Other factors, such as emails that were only partially downloaded, also stymied the security experts’ efforts to verify content.

The Washington Post’s forensic findings are unlikely to resolve that debate, offering instead only the limited revelation that some of the data on the portable drive appears to be authentic. The security experts who examined the data for The Post struggled to reach definitive conclusions about the contents as a whole, including whether all of it originated from a single computer or could have been assembled from files from multiple computers and put on the portable drive.

Watch this space.

Again, until we know what's on it if anything who cares? I didn't vote for Hunter and could care less what he did. If there's evidence that Joe was involved let me know.

Whatever the investigations reveal. What are you afraid of?
You guys keep talking like you have actual evidence of some sort of crime but when pressed to answer questions, you say stuff like this.

Let me explain something. See, when people are guilty of tax evasion, they DON’T put that income on their tax return. So who really gives an eff about what Joe’s return says?

You guys keep talking like you have actual evidence of some sort of crime but when pressed to answer questions, you say stuff like this.

Because it's an investigation. Deuce. When the indictment comes out we'll all know.

Watch this space.
Hmmmmmm....I don't recall people trying to argue that it was not Hunter's laptop. I recall that the chain of custody was being offered as a issue with regard to the authenticity of what was on it.

Back
Top Bottom