• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Washington Post, Democracy Dies In Doxing

Since when did righties care about doxxing and online harassment?
LIke always, they are projecting. It's OK for them to do, nobody else. Plus, look at their supposed source, Tik Tok. That proves nothing. Someone posted about Twitchy, WTF is Twitchy? For the love of god, you people will believe anything

Reportedly it was posted and then removed.
If that's true that's pretty bad, but so far I can't find any evidence that happened. She used her real name in the article, so I feel like that has to be where the accusation is coming from.

You know what's so pathetic about the above question? You actually believe it to be true.

when registering the domain LibsofTikTok.us last October, she used her full name and cellphone number linked to her real estate salesperson contact information.
On Saturday, software developer Travis Brown (who is working on a project with support from Prototype Fund, an organization that backs open-source projects) unearthed the account’s Twitter history and posted a thread detailing information about its profile changes.
When a reporter called the phone number registered to Raichik’s real estate profile and LibofTikTok.us, the woman who answered hung up after the reporter identified herself as calling from The Washington Post. A woman at the address listed to Raichik’s name in Los Angeles declined to identify herself. On Monday night, a tweet from Glenn Greenwald confirmed the house that was visited belonged to Raichik’s family.

It is not "doxxing" to take note of and/or repeat information a person has made publicly available. If I were ever dumb enough to post my name and address here, it wouldn't be "doxxing" for someone to say "hey guess what everybody, [name] posts as Mr Person on this website Debatepolitics.com

On the other hand, if you hacked DP and was able to identify me with information I used to sign up and announced "hey everybody, Mr Person is [name] and lives at [address]", that would be doxxing.

Don't give out personal information if you want a given account to remain anonymous.

I don't think this sort of thing will stop until media outlets like The Washington Post start taking journalism and journalistic ethics seriously and start firing people for serious breaches.
It’s never going away because it’s an easy go to. When we willing put so much information on social media it makes for a tempt target

Since when did lefties? Well, other than when someone doxes them. They think doxing their opponents is fine cuz, like, it's "punching up" and "truth to power." But if they get doxed it's "punching down" and "oppression."

Since when did lefties? Well, other than when someone doxes them. They think doxing their opponents is fine cuz, like, it's "punching up" and "truth to power." But if they get doxed it's "punching down" and "oppression."

Projection and a dodge of my question.

If that's true that's pretty bad, but so far I can't find any evidence that happened. She used her real name in the article, so I feel like that has to be where the accusation is coming from.
Her real name, profession, and where she lives can now be found on the internet, so yes, she's been doxed.

when registering the domain LibsofTikTok.us last October, she used her full name and cellphone number linked to her real estate salesperson contact information.
On Saturday, software developer Travis Brown (who is working on a project with support from Prototype Fund, an organization that backs open-source projects) unearthed the account’s Twitter history and posted a thread detailing information about its profile changes.
When a reporter called the phone number registered to Raichik’s real estate profile and LibofTikTok.us, the woman who answered hung up after the reporter identified herself as calling from The Washington Post. A woman at the address listed to Raichik’s name in Los Angeles declined to identify herself. On Monday night, a tweet from Glenn Greenwald confirmed the house that was visited belonged to Raichik’s family.

It is not "doxxing" to take note of and/or repeat information a person has made publicly available. If I were ever dumb enough to post my name and address here, it wouldn't be "doxxing" for someone to say "hey guess what everybody, [name] posts as Mr Person on this website Debatepolitics.com

On the other hand, if you hacked DP and was able to identify me with information I used to sign up and announced "hey everybody, Mr Person is [name] and lives at [address]", that would be doxxing.

Don't give out personal information if you want a given account to remain anonymous.

Excellent find, Mr Person. (y)

It is not "doxxing" to take note of and/or repeat information a person has made publicly available.
LOL, sure, unless it happens to someone on the Left, in which case they claim to be suffering from PTSD, like Taylor Lorenz

It's clear she wished to remain anonymous. That she made a mistake does not alter that intent.

Lorenz is guilty of the very same behavior she was blubbering about only two weeks ago.

From Nota's cite above, apparently another writer at WaPo thinks it's interesting that @LibsofTikTok is a jew:

View attachment 67386390

Would anyone care to guess at why that realization might be considered interesting?
Fallout? Most people think Libsoftiktok is hilarious and laudable. The doxing concern is that leftists will do their thing, and start harassing the lady at her house and business, trying to make sure they mete out the "consequences" they think she deserves...

Projection and a dodge of my question.
It can't be projection. The only idiots who make the argument about punching down and truth to power granting someone some sort of special free speech privilege that the "oppressors" don't have are the Lefty scumbags.

Your "question" was a dodge of the issue posed in this thread. This thread isn't about what righties care about. What righties care about doesn't matter as to the substance of this issue. Even if they did not care at all about doxing, that has no relevance as to whether what Taylor Lorenz did was right and whether she is a flaming hypocrite for yapping on and pretending to suffer form PTSD for allegedly being doxed, and then proceeding to dox the libs of tiktok lady and bother her and family members at their homes.

If Taylor Lorenz could give one legitimate for me ,or anybody ,knowing who Libs of Tik Tok is, I'd like to hear.
Libs of Tik Tok does what I do here often ( for which I was given infractions). Make liberals look really stupid in their own words.

It can't be projection. The only idiots who make the argument about punching down and truth to power granting someone some sort of special free speech privilege that the "oppressors" don't have are the Lefty scumbags.

And now comes a post full of ad homs. A classic sign of wanting to talk but having nothing to say.

And now comes a post full of ad homs. A classic sign of wanting to talk but having nothing to say.
Meh, when you speak politely of "the righties", I'll worry about decorum in return.

. Someone posted about Twitchy, WTF is Twitchy?
Twitchy is a site which basically makes liberals look really stupid *in their own * words, via their tweets.
I use it all the time for my hilariously scathing send ups of lefties.
example-
Joy-Ann (Pro-Democracy) Reid

@JoyAnnReid
·
3h

The goal of Tuckums’ act is to make non-college white men feel constantly threatened, fearful and also weirdly empowered by that fear—and the sense that their loafered rich TV friend is letting them in on “secrets” his fellow elites have hidden from them.

Last edited:
If Taylor Lorenz could give one legitimate for me ,or anybody ,knowing who Libs of Tik Tok is, I'd like to hear.
Libs of Tik Tok does what I do here often ( for which I was given infractions). Make liberals look really stupid in their own words.
Libs of tiktok doesn't "make" them look stupid. The Lefties look stupid all on their own to anyone other than their own echo chamber. That's why one doesn't have to take them out of context or parody them - they are parodies of themselves.

Meh, when you speak politely of "the righties", I'll worry about decorum in return.

Don't worry, we're used to a total lack of decorum from right-wingers now. :)

Libs of tiktok doesn't "make" them look stupid. The Lefties look stupid all on their own to anyone other than their own echo chamber. That's why one doesn't have to take them out of context or parody them - they are parodies of themselves.

Then why are there so few right-wing comedians? Why are most of the political comedians on the left?

Does a “righty“ pointing out obvious hypocrisy make it OK for you to ignore it and attempt to immediately redirect the thread? ;)

Does a “righty“ pointing out obvious hypocrisy make it OK for you to ignore it and attempt to immediately redirect the thread? ;)

It's interesting that you deflected instead of answering my question. :)

Then why are there so few right-wing comedians? Why are most of the political comedians on the left?
David Spade
Norm McDonald (RIP)
Tim Allen
Adam Carolla
Jef Foxworthy
Adam Sandler
Bill Engvall
Ray Romano
Colin Quinn
Dennis Miller
Ron White
Stephen Crowder
Jay Leno
Rob Schneider
Artie Lange
Chevy Chase
Jeff Dunham
Jackie Mason
Joe Piscopo
Louie Anderson
Larry the Cable Guy
Nick DiPaulo
Evan Sayet
The Deplorables
Terrence Williams
Louis CK
Jim Downey
Adam Yenser

...to name a few...

And, many of the "left" comedians have "left" the Left because "The Left" has become a complete joke, and a wretched hive of scum and villainy. Look at guys like Joe Rogan, Jimmy Dore, and Russell Brand - these are traditionally left-wing (politically) guys who have of late been ostracized by the The Looney Left because the Left has lost the plot.

It's interesting that you deflected instead of answering my question. :)
Your question was an avoidance of the question. Whattaboutism deserves no response on this issue.

"but whattabout the righties!?" LOL

Back
Top Bottom