• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Warlord Imam

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Make up your own mind. I have.

Chechnya’s enforcers of supposed Islamic propriety have struck again. In the name of combating terrorism, President Ramzan Kadyrov has declared war on what he regards as public indecency. “My dream is for all our women to wear scarves, in accordance with Islamic law,” he told NEWSWEEK recently. To assist in that fight and correct supposedly un-Islamic conduct, he established his own Taliban-style morality police, the Center for Spiritual and Moral Development and Education, last year. For backup, Chechen militias prowl the streets in black cars and black uniforms, on the alert not only for uncovered hair but for short-sleeve T shirts, short skirts, and public displays of affection. Although many Chechen women have accused them of paintball attacks in the past few months, Kadyrov brushes off the charges, blaming “somebody who wants to blacken my politics.”

How Moscow's War on Islamist Rebels Is Backfiring - Newsweek

I'd rather the Muslims have it than the Russkies. What Russia has done to Chechnya is appalling.

Try telling that to the victims of the subway bombings in Moscow. That said, Russians do make a complete hash of things sometimes.

Try telling that to the victims of the subway bombings in Moscow. That said, Russians do make a complete hash of things sometimes.

Hmmmmm......

hashbrowns.jpg

Back
Top Bottom