• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The War on Terror = War of Cultures

Gamago25

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
LWNs want to bash the US for trying to democratize a part of the world that is greatly influenced by Islamic theocratic regimes and dictators.

I see LWNs bash western cultures and ideals and yet defend oppressive religious regimes as being OKAY to exist, as long as they are killing their people, and not us.

Is it because LWNs feel that oppressive Islamic Theocratic rule has room to exist and should continue to grow in an increasingly secular world?

Is it a matter of LWNs being against western secular culture, capitalism, and democracy or are they for oppressive religious rule?

What I see is the war on terror = war of culture between secularism and religious rule.

I see Anti-US types as being one of 3 people:

1. Pro-Islamic Theocratic Rule apologists

2. Anti-Democracy activists

3. Anti-Capitalism activists

I see many LWNs as being disenchanted by Western Religions (primarily Christianity), embrace secularism, and then embrace Islam as some lofty goal in searching for meaning to thier lives.

For example: Johnny Taliban Walker went from Christian to Hippy to Islamist.

Its like LWNs go full circle in trying to avoid Christianity, experience the instability and uncertainty of Liberal extremism and then embrace Islam as the new conservative ideal, just because its against the Christianity they were brought up in and the parents that taught them poorly.

At the same time any charges brought up against Islam, LWNs immediately point to Christianity and it's hypocrisy.

Why dont they point to Buddhism and Hinduism? - 2 Eastern religions that have also experienced brutal oppression by Islamists. Why dont LWNs compare those religions to Islam instead of just western religions.

They never do. LWNs only mention western religions and forget that fanatical Islam is currently at war with ALL of the world's major religions, not just Christianity. Why is this?

Why do LWNs portray oppressive dictators and theocratic regimes as victims when they slaughter thier own citizens mercilessly?

If LWNs are truly for secular rule and human rights freedoms, then how can they defend the continued existence of these tyrannical, undemocratic, and theocratic regimes?

Bottom line: Its hypocrisy.

Feel free to insert one sentence flame without offering anything insightful. Most LWNs do that. :mrgreen:

I see LWNs bash western cultures and ideals and yet defend oppressive religious regimes as being OKAY to exist, as long as they are killing their people, and not us

So WE should kill their people!
3. Anti-Capitalism activists

Hello

I see many LWNs as being disenchanted by Western Religions (primarily Christianity), embrace secularism, and then embrace Islam as some lofty goal in searching for meaning to thier lives.

For example: Johnny Taliban Walker went from Christian to Hippy to Islamist.

Yes, I see this happens constantly. Thank heavens for Bush! He went from C Student, Coked-Out Failure, to president. VIVA AMERICA!

Bottom line: Its hypocrisy.
Whats that? I saw breaking up a gay marriage. Sorry.

:mrgreen: That felt good. You said you wanted a Left Wing Nut to flame you...and I just needed to. Flame me now!

Back
Top Bottom