• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The War On Christmas Is Over

Well it's good that there's not actually some "War on Christmas" then.

I strongly suspect they will go right back to bitching and being paranoid over nothing next December.

It's horrible that employees are ordered to say certain things or not say certain things. They should be free to say what they want. If people are offended then screw 'em for being so Gdamned sensitive. To think that a Christian employee can't say Merry Christmas to a Christian customer is totally unacceptable.

They will do as they are told at work or they can quit

It's horrible that employees are ordered to say certain things or not say certain things. They should be free to say what they want. If people are offended then screw 'em for being so Gdamned sensitive. To think that a Christian employee can't say Merry Christmas to a Christian customer is totally unacceptable.

I agree. Walmart greeters should be allowed to tell people to "**** Off" if they want to, and if people are offended...screw them. I mean, damn, all this thought control.

lol

I would imagine putting more "Christ" into the "Christmas" parade might be a better goal.

What's the point of a "Christmas" parade if it doesn't even have Jesus? :lol: Crazy people ......

I strongly suspect they will go right back to bitching and being paranoid over nothing next December.

You mean, they invent this thing every year and cry about it to feign victim-hood and pretend that they're the one's actually being discriminated against to spin the narrative against reality? No...I don't believe it.

Dang, and here I thought Christ's birth day is a celebration of love and joy. Tell us how you really feel.
When you treat others with kindness and love, no matter what, you win, every time and every day of the year. Letting anger get the upper hand, not so much.

People shouldn't be snowflakes because someone told them "Merry Christmas". If someone told me "Happy Hanukkah" I wouldn't get all bent out of shape. I would appreciate the sentiment.

People shouldn't be snowflakes because someone told them "Merry Christmas". If someone told me "Happy Hanukkah" I wouldn't get all bent out of shape. I would appreciate the sentiment.

And people shouldn't be such snowflakes over "Happy Holidays" or "Winter Break" or "Holiday Party"

lol

of course they are not happy extremist are nothing more than spoiled children that didn't get their way.
they need to be spanked told to go to bed and wake up with a better attitude.

LOL. Well, since that constitutes a lot of Trump's fans, good luck with that.

Good. So if you are told to say happy holidays at work then just say it

We have a Christmas Party every year at work. No one minds it being called that, including the atheists, Jews, Hindus, etc. That's probably because the food is always good, and the drinks are free.

And this is the way it should be. Anyone who is snowflake to be offended by it should just F off. I don't believe I've ever known or heard anyone personally be offended because someone told them Merry Christmas when they weren't Christian. It IS a made up war - by the left.

And this is the way it should be. Anyone who is snowflake to be offended by it should just F off. I don't believe I've ever known or heard anyone personally be offended because someone told them Merry Christmas when they weren't Christian. It IS a made up war - by the left.

Nah, it's faux indignation and made up stories from the right. I have never known anybody get offended by being told 'Merry Christmas'. Fox news lies a lot.

Nah, it's faux indignation and made up stories from the right. I have never known anybody get offended by being told 'Merry Christmas'. Fox news lies a lot.

Yeah, but apparently there are snowflakes out there that get upset by being told "Happy Holidays".

Nothing like made up outrage, lol.

Again - it's great that all these things work for you. But be aware that there are others who do not see it the same way. Some people celebrate Christmas because it's the birthday of their Saviour. It is these people and their ancestors who introduced Christmas in it's current state to most of the modern world. To them, it's important that anyone wishing to participate makes due efforts to respect its origin, or at least doesn't go out of their way to intentionally misname it.

Besides, it's the mainstream Left that introduced woke concepts like "cultural appropriation" - the social crime of adopting a cultural trait while putting your own contemporary spin on it. Prominent examples include wearing Indian outfits for Halloween, painting your face as Black when you are White, or styling your hair with corn-rows. Surely participating in a Christian event while making every possible attempt to remove the spiritual connotations in the name falls in the same category. ???
But Christmas is a single day, which is usually not one where people would be shopping, since most stores, businesses are closed. So if someone saying Happy Holidays to you on December 7th rather than Merry Christmas offends you or gives you any uncomfortable feelings or makes you believe there is a war on Christmas, that is on you, not them. Just as if you saying Merry Christmas (nicely, once) offends them, that is on them. There are some exceptions, but most people are just trying to be nice. And Christmas is a single day, not a whole month.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Again - it's great that all these things work for you. But be aware that there are others who do not see it the same way. Some people celebrate Christmas because it's the birthday of their Saviour. It is these people and their ancestors who introduced Christmas in it's current state to most of the modern world. To them, it's important that anyone wishing to participate makes due efforts to respect its origin, or at least doesn't go out of their way to intentionally misname it.

Well the origin is rooted in the pagan holidays of Yule and Saturnalia. So shouldn't y'all be the ones making efforts to respect the origin?

lol

I challenge you to find any business where employees are forced to say “happy holidays” or anything for that matter..

Correction...a war made of whole cloth by DonDon, an utter non-issue before he opened HIS BIG FAT MOUTH and puked up another load of nonsense.

They certainly don't say West By Allah Virginia.....

They tried to change the name and it backfired. I doubt she will be mayor come next election.

She tried to do that in the worst place possible.
That is one place that you do not mess with guns, bible, or religion.

WV is highly democrat in fact 2:1 Democrat vs Republican but they are blue dog democrats.
You want to win the state you have to be that type of Democrat which most democrats are not anymore.

They are also highly religious.

If trying to rename a parade, then keeping the name when the public she answers to objected, is what causes her to lose an election, it will just show she has an electorate of PC whiners and losers.

Seriously, how dumb does one have to be to say, roughly, "That woman who tried to change the name of a parade, then didn't, will NEVER GET MY VOTE EVER AGAIN!!!!" The box of rocks would win that one.

I realize that there is a Mars/Venus, Yin/Yang component to the way both sides look at this. Christmas has always been inclusive to everyone. We don't need a war on Christmas to change the name. Christmas is Christmas.

Sure, but you're talking about a parade, on Dec. 12th, which isn't Christmas day (that's on December 25th), but is smack dab in the middle of several holidays. The "Winter Parade" would have also been inclusive to everyone, and wouldn't impact Christmas or why we celebrate it at all, unless why we celebrate it is to buy lots of stuff and make money for retailers.

I'll just say it's odd that you're talking about Christian employees while breaking one of the 10 commandments.... :confused:

It's more than odd that anyone cares what a clerk says to them at checkout, but I'm sure in some areas that a clerk saying, "Allahu Akbar" to every customer at checkout would be bad for business. So would Happy Festivus, or Merry ChriFSMas, etc. So companies do what they do, which is try to make the checkout uneventful, and Happy Holidays works for all but the most easily offended PC snowflakes.

If trying to rename a parade, then keeping the name when the public she answers to objected, is what causes her to lose an election, it will just show she has an electorate of PC whiners and losers.

Yes she is a whiner and PC activist that tried to do something and she got hammered on by the people she is supposed to represent.
sucks to be her i guess maybe she learned her lesson.

Seriously, how dumb does one have to be to say, roughly, "That woman who tried to change the name of a parade, then didn't, will NEVER GET MY VOTE EVER AGAIN!!!!" The box of rocks would win that one.

if it was just that you might have a point, but like her, you evidently didn't know who she was dealing with.
She is messing with a pretty high faith based community where after sunday dinner with fried chicken and sweet tea
is the name of the game in pretty much every home.

where sunday is a day for fishing or hunting and spending time with family is important.
she evidently doesn't get this.

They are an employee and the face of the corporation so they will say what the boss whats them to say, so as to not threaten sales or insult customers who aren't religious wackadoodles. The religious demographics of the US are quickly changing most people are inclusive. If I see a person wearing a cross I will wish them Merry Christmas and if I see them wearing a Star of David I will wish them Happy Hanukkah, but if I don't see any religious markers I will wish them Happy Holidays to be inclusive.

Maybe I should get a Happy Human necklace or an FSM necklace, just to confuse any annoy religious conservatives. I must do my part to fight the war on Christmas, even if it is in a guerilla role.

Back
Top Bottom