• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The War on Chanukah!!

Is there a war on Chanukah?

• YES!

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
jamesrage said:
The theory that man came from monkeys and anotrher theory that states the whole entire universe came from a speck of dust.
No Scientific Theories state these things. Are you sure you are not mistaken?

steen said:
This is a really weird and bizzare point. Could you elaborate?
I don't really get it either.
Fundamentalist Christians believe that Morals cannot exist unless your actively being taught the almighty superior to anyone Christian Morals.

One look at the History of Christianity is enough to make me realize they are in no means Superior in Morals to ANYONE.

jamesrage said:
It is the fact that the vermin in the ACLU are attacking religious symbols.
It it is principal of it.I see this systematic destruction of any relgious symbols
on any tax payer funded property reguardless of how long it ihas been there as a act of aggression

I say remove them all. The city where I live now had a huge Roman Cross built on top of the water tower. There was a lawsuit, and it was removed. The man who sued had his life threatened by some of the locals, you can guess what religion they were.

The fight to remove the things you mention has to be aggressive, because there are many in this country who want a particular religion to be the nation's religion, and they are very aggressive.

jamesrage said:
The way that the lack of morals are being taught in schools today,religion needs to be back in school.

Guess what? It will not be back in public schools as long as people like me live in this country.

jamesrage said:
You do not speak for your whole religion,especially if you are only a jew by birthright.

Every post shows you are intolerant and controlling and hateful. I like the Jews more every day.

jamesrage said:
You do not speak for your whole religion,especially if you are only a jew by birthright.

What, for you speak for the entirety of Christianity?

Ew!

For the religious: Prove god exists.

For the athiests: Prove he doesn't.

For the rational people:

"As to the gods, I have no means of knowing either that they exist or do not exist."
(Protagoras / 485-410 BC / in Plato's Theaetetus)

You don't get it, do you? religious beliefs are about Faith, not proof. Those who insist having/needing proof that their God exists are so weak in the faith that it can't stand alone

jamesrage said:
The theory that man came from monkeys and anotrher theory that states the whole entire universe came from a speck of dust.
At the very least....if you wish to debate something.....please try to have a minimal understanding of what it actually entails.

Fundamentalists don't need to know. They just go with whatever lie their uneducated preacher spewed. As we see here with james.

steen said:
You don't get it, do you? religious beliefs are about Faith, not proof. Those who insist having/needing proof that their God exists are so weak in the faith that it can't stand alone

The point I was getting at is that the Christians and the Athiests are so entrenched in their firm belief that god either does or does not exist that they leave no room for common ground, debate, or the possibilities.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
The point I was getting at is that the Christians and the Athiests are so entrenched in their firm belief that god either does or does not exist that they leave no room for common ground, debate, or the possibilities.

Well your point doesn't matter because this is the wrong place to argue that.
Go to another thread, like "Prove God's Existance" If you wish to debate that.

Or what, baby ''ll take his ball and go home? Well go on then, momma's callin ya.

No, because I made this ****ing thread you jackass. Now, I didn't make it so that you could get off topic and debate something that there are other threads for.

awww babies cranky, baby want his bottle???

Hmm... Whats wrong with this picture?
Are you doing what I think your doing? Trying to get me all angry and p'ed off so I can curse and swear you and get banned?

I'm not going to do it.
So you can act immature all you want to.

In my heart, I will know that Im the bigger man for not stooping to your childish level.

Caine said:
Hmm... Whats wrong with this picture?
Are you doing what I think your doing? Trying to get me all angry and p'ed off so I can curse and swear you and get banned?

I'm not going to do it.
So you can act immature all you want to.

In my heart, I will know that Im the bigger man for not stooping to your childish level.

I'm rubber you're glue what ever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you.

I'm rubber you're glue what ever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you.

What are you, five? Why don't you have an honest debate instead of going off-topic and then trying to provoke people into getting mad at you? For someone who is supposedly a university student, you're acting rather childish.

Must be per open enrollment. That's what you end up with.

Back
Top Bottom