• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Wall

The Mexico-US Wall

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The wall on the Mexico-Us border has become a left-right symbol.
1) I agree
2) I disagree
3) the wall will solve illegal immigration from the south

1) I agree
2) I disagree

I vote "OTHER" (if that choice is available ;) )

To me it is neither Left nor Right, it is a valid method of lessening and channeling illegal immigration.

IMO we would not need it if we did what I have already suggested, pass clear immigration laws and legally define birthright citizenship.

...I would prefer a border that did not need a wall. But that would require a few simple steps.

1. Clearly define "birthright citizenship" to exclude anchor babies, i.e. babies born to people who are not legal resident's of the USA.

2. Enact legislation allowing for the immediate deportation of anyone who enters the country illegally, with imprisonment for those who return followed by immediate deportation. Every time!

3. End the lottery system, as well as prohibit any and all future "amnesty" programs.

4. Simply enforce immigration law, penalizing businesses who use illegal workers, organizations that shelter illegals, and hold potential immigrants to follow the normal legal procedures or be refused access at all.

Do those things and IMHO we would not need a wall. :shrug:

Instead, for some crazy reason, we keep encouraging and rewarding illegal migration. Go figure.

Last edited:
1) I agree
2) I disagree

Other. The reality is that immigration (legal or not) helps to keep US wages lower than they would otherwise be and that immigration "reform" (amnesty coupled with a much more rapid "path to citizenship") will produce helpful voter demographic changes. Those positions are not often advertised but are the only plausible explanations for intentionally having immigration law "enforcement" funding which allows 12M (to 20M?) illegal immigrants (and their birthright citizen offspring) to remain inside the US.

Common sense would dictate that laws to allow "job creators" to deduct the costs of illegal immigrant labor would be removed - that is simple to do by requiring any W-2 or 1099 labor cost deduction to be accompanied by a current eVerify certification. By simply removing most the employment opportunities for illegal immigrants inside the US many (if not most) would self deport.

Border security may be bad but interior enforcement of US immigration law is far worse. We have fewer ICE/ERO agents that are supposed to enforce immigration law within the entire US interior than for the city police departments of Boston, MA and Baltimore MD combined. Once inside the US, whether by illegal entry or simply overstaying a 'temporary' visa, the chances of an illegal immigrant (with fake ID) ever being identified and removed are rather remote.

I would check both 1 and 2 if I could.

1) I agree
2) I disagree

I voted it's a conservative symbol now. When you have more than others, you don't build a higher wall. You build a longer table.

Just like all the contractors 45 stiffed and bankrupted the American taxpayer will bail him out.

#4) is an atrociously expensive mistake

A 10-foot wall can be scaled by an 11-foot ladder.

A triple amputee Air Force veteran Brian Kolfage, 37 has started a go-fund-me page to fund the wall. He has raised 9.7 million in 3 days for the wall and the donations keep pouring in. If I was a Democrat against the wall I would be paying attention.

A 10-foot wall can be scaled by an 11-foot ladder.

A counter GoFundMe campaign was started earlier today to buy ladders. :lol:

Obviously, the campaign will not use the funds to buy ladders, but plan instead on using the money for refugee and immigrant legal services. Well done. Well done.

Obviously, the campaign will not use the funds to buy ladders, but plan instead on using the money for refugee and immigrant legal services. Well done. Well done.

I saw that. :lol: I'm considering dropping a buck or two!

1) I agree
2) I disagree
Why?

Why put a silly poll like this together with such limited choices that do not come close to fitting the actual circumstances? If you are gonna put something like that lame third choice [ the other 2 are almost just as bad in framing] why not add a similarly lame 4th, something like: we should have completely open borders, anybody and everybody is invited to come and live in America...eh?

Because you want to influence the results. I vote not to vote in such a farce.

A triple amputee Air Force veteran Brian Kolfage, 37 has started a go-fund-me page to fund the wall. He has raised 9.7 million in 3 days for the wall and the donations keep pouring in. If I was a Democrat against the wall I would be paying attention.

So this Quixotic yelling point that low-functioning rightists have succeded in transforming from a Trump throwaway campaign promise into a rabble-approved rousing cry is trying to be a legitimate thing? Take my advice, America- nip this **** in the bud or it's going to do more harm to your country than any other of Trump's abysmal blunders.

Why?

Why put a silly poll like this together with such limited choices that do not come close to fitting the actual circumstances? If you are gonna put something like that lame third choice [ the other 2 are almost just as bad in framing] why not add a similarly lame 4th, something like: we should have completely open borders, anybody and everybody is invited to come and live in America...eh?

Because you want to influence the results. I vote not to vote in such a farce.

I liked it. It was like gagging on a hair.

A lot of good that will do them as a new Trump & Mexican alliance will insure they'll have to wait in Mexico to have their asylum
considerations heard. This ends Obama's flopdoodle "catch & release' policy & will end forever the race north from Central America.

1) I agree
2) I disagree

Bad choices.... Add number 4 4)Will help secure the southern border by making it much more difficult to cross illegally.
With the wall built our border patrol will be able to concentrate their patrols to have the maximum effect to secure the border.

No doubt Open Border folks.... Shameful stuff. Going to be fun to see the dems try to explain this conduct. They support illegal aliens breaking federal law?

No doubt Open Border folks.... Shameful stuff. Going to be fun to see the dems try to explain this conduct. They support illegal aliens breaking federal law?

What conduct? Offering legal services? Oh, the HORROR! :roll:

What conduct? Offering legal services? Oh, the HORROR! :roll:

Legal services for people who on a majority, end up breaking federal law?
So that would be a yes, you're basically supporting the illegal activities that they are perpetrating.

Legal services for people who on a majority, end up breaking federal law?
So that would be a yes, you're basically supporting the illegal activities that they are perpetrating.

It's a ****ing misdemeanor, for piss sakes.

Back
Top Bottom