• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Wall

The Mexico-US Wall

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Illegal immigration was down when Trump made his "they're rapists" speech about Mexicans. He brilliantly and cynically seized on an issue that played to fears or resentments of folks who get annoyed at hearing "press one for English." Just one aspect of his fascist style. (And no, I am not saying he is a Nazi, just that his style and themes are reminiscent of Il Duce.)

So what you are implying that Trump comment increased illegal aliens crossing our border? That is really hilarious....:lamo The reason there is an increase in border crossing is because they (illegal aliens) believe liberals will protect them and give them government handouts. So quite being so naive.

https://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-california-immigrant-rights-20150811-story.html

CA Democrats Pushing to Give Illegal Adults Full Health Care Benefits - California Political Review

Eh....we have a limited wall on out southern border and in the places where it is the flow of illegal aliens have been reduced by 90%. If a wall didn't work why do American's elite have them around their homes.

Firstly nobody is claiming walls don;t work. No doubt fewer people would climb over. But since most illegal immigrants actually enter legally then overstay their visas the wall won't stop them. It's just symbolism for people who can easily imagine a horde (or caravan if you like) of swarthy migrants flooding across the desert. Some get in that way, most do not.

But whether it would 'work' and to what extent is moot. It is costly and superfluous and nobody in govt actually wants to get it built, except maybe Stephen Miller, but how he thinks it'll help him finally lose his virginity, I can't imagine. Even Trump doesn't really want it or he would have tried harder by now - when he had a majority. Now just trucks it out to blame the Dems and distract his cult from his mounting legal woes. It was an electioneering stunt, and now it is just a political stunt. It will not be built.

So what you are implying that Trump comment increased illegal aliens crossing our border? That is really hilarious....:lamo The reason there is an increase in border crossing is because they (illegal aliens) believe liberals will protect them and give them government handouts. So quite being so naive.

https://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-california-immigrant-rights-20150811-story.html

++ No, I did not say that. Sorry you misunderstood. I noted that illegal immigration had been down when Trump made his campaign announcement. That’s all. Commentators attributed it to either/both the economy in Mexico improving and Obama era policies. Immigrants advocates referred to Obama as “deporter in chief.” There may have been an uptick subsequently, but I don’t know, and Trump certainly wouldn’t have been responsible.

CA Democrats Pushing to Give Illegal Adults Full Health Care Benefits - California Political Review

++ My beef with Trump is not border enforcement, but his demonizing Mexicans and Central Americans, his ignoring and breaking the law on asylum, and his simplistic analysis of the problem. If he chose to do do, he could have explained the complexities of the issue to the American people, including his view that we need stricter enforcement. You or I could have composed the speech. He chose the demagogue route instead.

How many immigrants are you currently sponsoring?

I'd sponsor anyone who came to my home. I have 2 extra bedrooms, plenty of towels and a freezer full of food. Send them my way, and my husband agrees.

My husband is not well, and needs almost 'round the clock care, or I'd be helping more.

#4.5 I've never encountered a wall that is impermeable.

I'd sponsor anyone who came to my home. I have 2 extra bedrooms, plenty of towels and a freezer full of food. Send them my way, and my husband agrees.

My husband is not well, and needs almost 'round the clock care, or I'd be helping more.

Anybody that wants open borders should already be sponsoring a family of immigrants.

A triple amputee Air Force veteran Brian Kolfage, 37 has started a go-fund-me page to fund the wall. He has raised 9.7 million in 3 days for the wall and the donations keep pouring in. If I was a Democrat against the wall I would be paying attention.

I am a Democrat paying attention..... I say keep it up. Let the minority of the American population that thinks this is a good idea put their money where they mouth is. Let me know when it gets close to $5B.... better yet, let me know in a few years how this all works out. Please post pictures of this wall.

I am a Democrat paying attention..... I say keep it up. Let the minority of the American population that thinks this is a good idea put their money where they mouth is. Let me know when it gets close to $5B.... better yet, let me know in a few years how this all works out. Please post pictures of this wall.

You missed the whole jest of my post. That fact that over 150,000 of everyday U.S. citizens have managed to donate well over 10 million in just 3 days goes to the point that this issue is very important to many. If every person that voted for Trump would donate $80, the five billion would be achieved.

While Democrats continue to block Trump money for the wall, something happened yesterday, a real win for the Trump administration for in Mexico agreeing to keep those seeking asylum in the U.S. to remain in Mexico while their cases are processed. Mexico is also offering those asylum and offering them jobs which is helping to dwindle the massive numbers. Also Mexico is involved in removing many of those who are known criminals deporting them while they are cracking down on their Southern border stopping the influx.

actually, like many other blue states, the return of taxes to the state of california is less than the amount paid into the treasury
View attachment 67246458
see if you can identify anything in common with those top-most dozen states

Democrats are for taxing and spending with little restraint. That is very unwise.

Campaign promise was for Mexico to pay for the wall. Promise not kept. Let 45 pay for it out of his own money.

You missed the whole jest of my post. That fact that over 150,000 of everyday U.S. citizens have managed to donate well over 10 million in just 3 days goes to the point that this issue is very important to many. If every person that voted for Trump would donate $80, the five billion would be achieved.

While Democrats continue to block Trump money for the wall, something happened yesterday, a real win for the Trump administration for in Mexico agreeing to keep those seeking asylum in the U.S. to remain in Mexico while their cases are processed. Mexico is also offering those asylum and offering them jobs which is helping to dwindle the massive numbers. Also Mexico is involved in removing many of those who are known criminals deporting them while they are cracking down on their Southern border stopping the influx.

.... I did not miss your point. I am merely reinforcing the notion that it remains an minority opinion that the wall is going to accomplish much, if anything, for the cost. Most think its a waste of money..... so, the Democrats and certain republicans that are turning their back on the wall have the back of the majority of American voters.

Missing Choice - Wall is DJT's Ego and Manhood, and by now that of his cult (even the females...).

.... I did not miss your point. I am merely reinforcing the notion that it remains an minority opinion that the wall is going to accomplish much, if anything, for the cost. Most think its a waste of money..... so, the Democrats and certain republicans that are turning their back on the wall have the back of the majority of American voters.

You must have found one poll that claims a wall is a waste of time and want to hold onto that. Recently border security is at the forefront in most polled.

But while the left is mocking this triple amputee, purple heart veteran who started the GoFundMe for those Americans who want a wall in 4 days is on the verge of raising 14 million.

I guess "symbol" is one way to describe the wall....

Trump has been repining about his wall for, what, three years now. Why? Because it's politically expedient for him to do so, for among his benighted base, it's galvanizing and because for him it's a matter of ego, looking tough. He said he'd build a beautiful wall; laughable as it was, he referenced his experience in real estate as a basis for his knowing how to build a wall; he said Mexico would pay for his wall; and he led stadium-sized throngs of nitwits (they lacked the sense to know it wasn't doable "from jump") in "build the wall" and "Mexico's going to pay for it" chants.

How do we know that the wall is about politics, about having a rallying/talking point, and that increasing border security is sought not seminally but only ostensibly?
That was two $25B opportunities to get Trump his wall in less than a month and Trump/Congressional Republicans abjured both. Why did they reject the bills? Because to get the $25, Trump/GOP-ers had to agree to a path to citizenship for the ~700K DACA people....As if those folks had anything to do with wall's imagined or realizable border security returns....They're already here. No wall isn't going to stop them from entering the US.​

Same where I live. The same corners always occupied in the am.

I have an open area back in the jungle on my property where the morning sun shines through the trees and is very beautiful.
I contacted a construction company about building a deck back there. They said it would cost me $400 just to have the frame built, and i bet the will go to the very same place for the labor.
How about i get the materials delivered, set up the tools, then go get about four guys at that same place they would have gone and get the deck built for about half the cost.

Of course, this might make me a hypocrite when it comes to the immigration issue.
Oh well, at least i might have a cool deck back there.
Decisions, decisions.

A triple amputee Air Force veteran Brian Kolfage, 37 has started a go-fund-me page to fund the wall. He has raised 9.7 million in 3 days for the wall and the donations keep pouring in. If I was a Democrat against the wall I would be paying attention.

Is Mr. Kolfage from Mexico because I thought Trump told us they were paying for it?

What's with border barriers? American workers are paid such astronomically high wages that companies like Google, WalMart, Apple and Amazon are all going broke and their owners like Jeff Bezos are in all going into bankruptcy for employee costs.

The USA desperately needs both many millions of cheap immigrant laborers for the USA to allow them to hire affordable employees and foreign child labor sweatshops so they do not have to pay ridiculously high American blue collar wages. That is the Democratic Party's position anyway.

What's with border barriers? American workers are paid such astronomically high wages that companies like Google, WalMart, Apple and Amazon are all going broke and their owners like Jeff Bezos are in all going into bankruptcy for employee costs.

The USA desperately needs both many millions of cheap immigrant laborers for the USA to allow them to hire affordable employees and foreign child labor sweatshops so they do not have to pay ridiculously high American blue collar wages. That is the Democratic Party's position anyway.

Really? I didn’t know the democrats’ anti-labor history? Probably the last party to support raisingtge minimum wage. Sad.

Is Mr. Kolfage from Mexico because I thought Trump told us they were paying for it?

Trump was able to reach an agreement with Mexico that the migrants remain in Mexico who have asked for asylum at our ports of entry until their hearing. Mexico is also offering asylum to those who qualify and offering jobs. They have also cracked down on their Southern border and making an effort to deport people with criminal backgrounds. This is a big savings to the U.S..

Last night I posted 9.7 mil raised at Brian Kolfage's GoFundMe page for the Wall. Today at noon it was heading toward 15 million. Whatever they raise it will be donated for only the use of building the wall. A couple of years ago a private citizen donated millions to make the repairs on the Washington monument.

There's plenty of evidence that the walls in certain locations have worked very well. Democrats were in support of building barriers on the Southern border just a couple of years ago. But because it is Trump that is trying to accomplish it, they now think it is immoral. Schumer, Obama, Clintons, Hillary and Bill, Joe Biden, Diane Feinstein and a slew of others wanted the wall and are on record voting for funding it. You see it isn't the wall that is dividing it is the hypocrisy.

Trump was able to reach an agreement with Mexico that the migrants remain in Mexico who have asked for asylum at our ports of entry until their hearing. Mexico is also offering asylum to those who qualify and offering jobs. They have also cracked down on their Southern border and making an effort to deport people with criminal backgrounds. This is a big savings to the U.S..

Last night I posted 9.7 mil raised at Brian Kolfage's GoFundMe page for the Wall. Today at noon it was heading toward 15 million. Whatever they raise it will be donated for only the use of building the wall. A couple of years ago a private citizen donated millions to make the repairs on the Washington monument.

There's plenty of evidence that the walls in certain locations have worked very well. Democrats were in support of building barriers on the Southern border just a couple of years ago. But because it is Trump that is trying to accomplish it, they now think it is immoral. Schumer, Obama, Clintons, Hillary and Bill, Joe Biden, Diane Feinstein and a slew of others wanted the wall and are on record voting for funding it. You see it isn't the wall that is dividing it is the hypocrisy.

So to sum up your post - Mexico is still not paying for the wall as Trump promised.

Actually in the long run Mexico is paying for it.

Yes - I realize that is the latest Alice In Wonderland fantasy land upside down inside out ass backwards rationalization the Trumpkin wing has adopted to hide from the reality that Mexico is not paying for a damn thing.

Back
Top Bottom