• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Wall Will Not Cost Anything

if Trump declares a national emergency and pays for the wall out of funds that have already been approved by the Democrats for spending. Those dollars were not earmarked for anything in particular so they can be spent on anything. So, Congress does not have to approve additional spending for a wall.

Yes. it's just "magic money" they found in a pot at the end of a rainbow!

Oh...he's not a dictator.

He IS a person who is determined to get what he wants...just as Chuck and Nancy are.

The only question is: Who is going to win? I gave my opinion.

And your opinion, the scenario you painted, is that of a person acting as a dictator. Surely you know that in our constitutional republic, Congress has the power of the purse and is the body that passes the laws, which the executive branch is obligated to administer. How is that system consistent with your 'opinion'?

Hope our President presses on by declaring the emergency and not waste time negotiating with the stubborn liberal/Demos.

He hasn't wasted any time negotiating to this point, why would he start? Making demands and then not budging on them is not "negotiation".

I tend to lean more towards him being a sociopath than a psychopath. Although both lend itself to extreme narcissism so tom-a-to / tom-ah-to. Now if we could just call the whole damn thing off.

I object to the characterization of Trumps entire personage this way.

What of his Christ, or a thousand other demigods that could walk in and demand his ignoramus?

What is God doing with Trump?

The President is just a figurehead, a celebrity, an actor, he controls little.

Trump is thoughtful, listening, but he passed his tax reform, so he's fired, have at-em boys.

Welcome to DP NebraskaFtball you iterate your points well for only twelve posts.

Thank you. I appreciate that. Sincerely.

If you think I iterate well, just wait until I begin to engage my ability to amazingly and annoyingly alliterate. :lol:

And then the Democrat is going to go build it.

So trump should plan on this and advance his plans accordingly.

Everybody has been if favor of a wall at some point.

Play back the tapes, Clinton, "We have to build a wall," Obama, "Build a wall."

No one was in favor of the size or cost of the wall trump wants.

Simplicity begets simplicity. A simple solution (bumper sticker slogan) that derived from a couple of campaign aides that wanted to create a mnemonic device to ensure the candidate would remember to gin up fear among those listening to him during the campaign. Because he wasn’t intelligent enough to remember for himself, and didn’t care about the issue enough to have the passion to really push the issue.

That’s the sad reality of why we are where we are. Astonishing.

Simplicity begets simplicity. A simple solution (bumper sticker slogan) that derived from a couple of campaign aides that wanted to create a mnemonic device to ensure the candidate would remember to gin up fear among those listening to him during the campaign. Because he wasn’t intelligent enough to remember for himself, and didn’t care about the issue enough to have the passion to really push the issue.

That’s the sad reality of why we are where we are. Astonishing.

And I don’t think any one is thinking about the additional obstacles to building a border wall. The Texas Mexico border is defined by a prominent feature: the rio grande river. I believe the river has served as the Dividing line separating Texas from Mexico.

The question is where will the wall be built and how will it affect the rio grande river

if Trump declares a national emergency and pays for the wall out of funds that have already been approved by the Democrats for spending. Those dollars were not earmarked for anything in particular so they can be spent on anything. So, Congress does not have to approve additional spending for a wall.

What land do you live in where spending $5b on a wall means the wall did not cost anything?

Last edited:

What of his Christ, or a thousand other demigods that could walk in and demand his ignoramus?

Trump is thoughtful, listening, but he passed his tax reform, so he's fired, have at-em boys.

Im not entirely sure how to respond.

And I don’t think any one is thinking about the additional obstacles to building a border wall. The Texas Mexico border is defined by a prominent feature: the rio grande river. I believe the river has served as the Dividing line separating Texas from Mexico.

The question is where will the wall be built and how will it affect the rio grande river

That's almost certainly governed by international treaties. And I'm betting large both sides agreed long ago that you can't **** around with the river.

Let Pelosi say some of it might be spent on healthcare for immigrants and watch how quickly it quits being "magic money."

It’s a fair question. Will we cede sovereign territory to our southern neighbor? If an Emergency is declared, that allows the Executive to engage in massive land grabs via eminent domain. Are we not only going to cede US territory to another nation on one side of the wall, but also take land from Americans, some of whom have passed this land down for generations, on the other?

So patriotically American. It’s virtually the definition of winning.

Thank you. I appreciate that. Sincerely.

If you think I iterate well, just wait until I begin to engage my ability to amazingly and annoyingly alliterate. :lol:

All, is that is in Allah or; all scriptures?

Or are you saying that you're a poet?

And your opinion, the scenario you painted, is that of a person acting as a dictator. Surely you know that in our constitutional republic, Congress has the power of the purse and is the body that passes the laws, which the executive branch is obligated to administer. How is that system consistent with your 'opinion'?

Per the Constitution and laws passed by the government, which includes Congress and the Executive Branch, Trump has many powers. Trump is using his powers. Everything he is doing is lawful.

That means he is not a dictator.

Moving on...

Per the Constitution and laws passed by the government, which includes Congress and the Executive Branch, Trump has many powers. Trump is using his powers. Everything he is doing is lawful.

That means he is not a dictator.

Moving on...

The only way your scenario plays out like you want is if Trump takes actions like a dictator, bypassing Congress, declaring himself Dear Leader who doesn't have to answer to Congress.

But that's what we expect of Trump supporters - they worship a man who praises authoritarians across the globe and has contempt for the Constitution and the democratic process. As long as he owns the libs, they'll support him. It's a bit scary actually.

Hope our President presses on by declaring the emergency and not waste time negotiating with the stubborn liberal/Demos.

What’s the nature of the emergency? Oh, Trump not getting his way is an emergency, so he declares an emergency to address that emergency, and emerges having triumphed over the emergency. On the positive side, if his logic on this topic was posted on the wall in Spanish, the migrants might think, “well my kids need food, but why risk everything sneaking into such a crazy country?”

Problem solved.

Well to the title of the tread: That is certainly true since its never going to be built!

You should have told him that sometime between 2017 and last week. He missed the emergency apparently, which is a shame, isn't it, given that he had two years to fix it.

And don't forget he had a republican congress and senate!

Dude what are you smoking?

Im not entirely sure how to respond.

It is a rather bizarre post.

All, is that is in Allah or; all scriptures?

Or are you saying that you're a poet?

PuWwaIa.gif

I would be curious to see where these dollars that have “already been approved by the Democrats for spending” but “were not earmarked for anything in particular” show up in the federal budget.

Are there similar dollars that have “already been approved by the Republicans for spending”? Can those dollars be used for a Democratic pet project then?

Back
Top Bottom