• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Wall Will Not Cost Anything

Nope it will be dragged in courts and Trump will be refused the funds. How can you declare a National Emergency when the number of illegals have dropped and you waited for 2 years (According to Trump longer than that) to declare one? I look forward to Trump getting laughed out of office in 2020 with no wall.

And then the Democrat is going to go build it.

So trump should plan on this and advance his plans accordingly.

Everybody has been if favor of a wall at some point.

Play back the tapes, Clinton, "We have to build a wall," Obama, "Build a wall."

if Trump declares a national emergency and pays for the wall out of funds that have already been approved by the Democrats for spending. Those dollars were not earmarked for anything in particular so they can be spent on anything. So, Congress does not have to approve additional spending for a wall.

The wall would still cost what it costs no matter who you steal the money from to pay for it.

Hope our President presses on by declaring the emergency and not waste time negotiating with the stubborn liberal/Demos.

He can just appropriate me a few million dollars and I'll go tell Nancy Pelosi to let him build his wall.

I'd tell her anyway, but she needs to oppose him any way she can you desperate dog eaters, but if I had some millions of dollars, well, I would go look hard for some provision for her position.

I would agree with this and believe it as well. Trump is a genuinely cruel person. Miserable. He derives self worth through the degradation of others.

It's always refreshing to see a conservative who hasn't sold out their principles or fallen for the con that is KIng TangFace.

if Trump declares a national emergency and pays for the wall out of funds that have already been approved by the Democrats for spending. Those dollars were not earmarked for anything in particular so they can be spent on anything. So, Congress does not have to approve additional spending for a wall.

What money does Congress not earmark for anything?

Declaring a national emergency to spend money is a horrible idea and may well be unconstitutional. Congress and Congress alone has the power to spend money and it's that way because giving that power to one person would make him a virtual tyrant.

The master negotiator should abandon negotiations because he isn’t getting his temper tantrum fulfilled? What a great precedent that will set for our nation moving forward.

Get ready for a National Emergency that leads to Universal Healthcare. A National Emergency that leads to the government seizing means of energy production in the name of Climate Change. A National Emergency that seizes firearm manufacturing, preventing any new firearm purchases.

Sure, this is a little hyperbolic. But so is the current manufactured crisis being pimped by Trump.

I wouldn't say it was hyperbolic at all.

Look, the Tribulation is coming (2020-2026), sorry, I mean convergence.

Don't worry, it's only the first one where the cosmic disk enters the meridian and then some ten million years later it passes out, but then there is the convergence at the end that we never get to on some other planet after an eternity of universes have passed by.

Hey, for most of this I would say let him declare his emergency, but never let them take your guns (unless you're schizophrenic or made threats or something).

It's always refreshing to see a conservative who hasn't sold out their principles or fallen for the con that is KIng TangFace.

I fear my kind is an ever-shrinking phenomenon in the age of Trump and faux-populism.

But I do enjoy being a harsh reminder of what many self-proclaimed conservatives used to pretend to believe in and stand for.

What? That's like saying I'll fence in half of my yard because it will still keep my dogs in. Maybe they won't notice the 30 feet of open air they can run through.

That's a rather tiny yard. ;)

I would agree with this and believe it as well. Trump is a genuinely cruel person. Miserable. He derives self worth through the degradation of others.

Yes, he is a genuinely cruel person. Most everyone has seen Trump's genuine cruelty in practice. He is a nasty bastard even on camera, in public. No remorse. I believe his cruelty is a characteristic of a being psychopath and from what I have read psychopathy is a facet of malignant narcissism.

I wouldn't say it was hyperbolic at all.

Look, the Tribulation is coming (2020-2026), sorry, I mean convergence.

Don't worry, it's only the first one where the cosmic disk enters the meridian and then some ten million years later it passes out, but then there is the convergence at the end that we never get to on some other planet after an eternity of universes have passed by.

Hey, for most of this I would say let him declare his emergency, but never let them take your guns (unless you're schizophrenic or made threats or something).

:lol:

I agree with the firearm confiscation piece as well. And I don’t think even a declaration of a National Emergency would cause most of us to voluntarily relinquish our 2A right. Which is why I limited the scenario to just seizing firearm manufacturing so that no new firearms could be purchased.

Somewhere today I read an interesting analysis of the Trump Wall/government shutdown fiasco. Whoever wrote the article, I honestly can't remember, said that a person who knows Trump and has known him for years said that for Trump it's primarily about making the other side lose. Trump, the writer said, is less motivated by win/win and is more motivated by forcing the other guy to lose and lose painfully. Even, he suggested, a lose/lose is preferable to Trump over a win/win because Trump is motivated by bringing pain and loss. It is thus extremely important to Trump that his opposition deeply feels a loss and with that in mind Trump will not backdown from the shutdown. He doesn't care about losing as long as the other side loses big. In that way Trump sees a lose/lose as a personal win and he gets off on that.

I would agree with this, and I think we've seen evidence of it the last couple of years.

Trump loves strife and chaos. He positively thrives on it. He absolutely enjoys beating the other guy down.

The man has serious mental issues.

I fear my kind is an ever-shrinking phenomenon in the age of Trump and faux-populism.

But I do enjoy being a harsh reminder of what many self-proclaimed conservatives used to pretend to believe in and stand for.

You are indeed a product of a lost age. I mean those guys were fat with the corruption of the system, but I remember a day when guys like Dan Evans (Republican governor and senator from my state of Washington), and Tip O'Neil, guys like that had convictions but they could hammer out solutions and solve things without drama and political stunts like we see today. Makes one nostalgic.

Yes, he is a genuinely cruel person. Most everyone has seen Trump's genuine cruelty in practice. He is a nasty bastard even on camera, in public. No remorse. I believe his cruelty is a characteristic of a being psychopath and from what I have read psychopathy is a facet of malignant narcissism.

I tend to lean more towards him being a sociopath than a psychopath. Although both lend itself to extreme narcissism so tom-a-to / tom-ah-to. Now if we could just call the whole damn thing off.

Mr. President...declare the emergency...NOW !!!

You should have told him that sometime between 2017 and last week. He missed the emergency apparently, which is a shame, isn't it, given that he had two years to fix it.

You should have told him that sometime between 2017 and last week. He missed the emergency apparently, which is a shame, isn't it, given that he had two years to fix it.

Somehow it was not national security and humanitarian crisis at the southern border when more than 1,000 little children were separated from the their parents at the border and shipped far away to baby jails across America. I'd venture to say that all of those little kids were emotionally abused and perhaps will remain emotionally scarred for a long time. We know from reports that some of the children were physically and even sexually abused - but apparently there was no crisis. :roll:

Somewhere today I read an interesting analysis of the Trump Wall/government shutdown fiasco. Whoever wrote the article, I honestly can't remember, said that a person who knows Trump and has known him for years said that for Trump it's primarily about making the other side lose. Trump, the writer said, is less motivated by win/win and is more motivated by forcing the other guy to lose and lose painfully. Even, he suggested, a lose/lose is preferable to Trump over a win/win because Trump is motivated by bringing pain and loss. It is thus extremely important to Trump that his opposition deeply feels a loss and with that in mind Trump will not backdown from the shutdown. He doesn't care about losing as long as the other side loses big. In that way Trump sees a lose/lose as a personal win and he gets off on that.

Very interesting.

Winning isn't so great, because to win someone must loose and that comes back to you.

People who are out trying to win all the time are such a nuisance.

You are indeed a product of a lost age. I mean those guys were fat with the corruption of the system, but I remember a day when guys like Dan Evans (Republican governor and senator from my state of Washington), and Tip O'Neil, guys like that had convictions but they could hammer out solutions and solve things without drama and political stunts like we see today. Makes one nostalgic.

What I genuinely wonder is if tribalism of modern politicking will ever be overcome and a time of compromise eventually returning. I trust neither party, beholden to a dug in tribal base, to make the first overture.

The wall gets built. The Dems howl at the night sky. All the numbers move in the right direction.

Then Trump hits Congress with his next demands: End the lottery system. End people being able to bring in their entire extended families. Do something to resolve the Dreamer issue. Beef up immigration laws regarding visas and employers. Change the law regarding families. End birthright citizenship.

And we start the whole thing all over...and it results in the Dems howling at the night sky.

Are you under the impression he's a dictator? Or is it just what you want?

:lol:

I agree with the firearm confiscation piece as well. And I don’t think even a declaration of a National Emergency would cause most of us to voluntarily relinquish our 2A right. Which is why I limited the scenario to just seizing firearm manufacturing so that no new firearms could be purchased.

Welcome to DP NebraskaFtball you iterate your points well for only twelve posts.

Oh...he's not a dictator.

He IS a person who is determined to get what he wants...just as Chuck and Nancy are.

The only question is: Who is going to win? I gave my opinion.

Trump should go to Mexico for the funds his Great Ego Monument demands.

You can see he promised, in writing, to do that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin..._term=.1c77d0752be9&wpisrc=nl_opinions&wpmm=1

Funny.

So, add that to the list of Trump lies. He said just today (or yesterday) that of course he never suggested Mexico would just write a check, and there it is on paper that he in fact laid out that exact scenario.

And of course no one will care, certainly not Trump lemmings, because this is now what we expect. If he says it, it's a lie - that's the assumption. People still with him at this point just don't care.

Whatever it takes to face the brown menace! He's so SCARED you know and Trump just makes him FEEL so dreamy! Get the brown people! The fact that white people are superior isn't racist, everyone knows it.:roll:

Too bad he hasn't realized Trump is more a wimp and a baby than even he appears to be on immigration from his posts.:2rofll:

OMG the deoghgraphic is CHANGING and Ima lose my privilige WHICH DON'T EXIST! (Thus why it MUST be protected at all costs.) Save me daddy Mushroom! The brown folk are soooo skeeery!:roll:

Back
Top Bottom