• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"The Wall Is Coming" ?

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
a1a76694-f8f0-4f0f-8303-689f9db41e7d.png

Trump just posted this on Instagram. But what was that thing he did in the press room? It wasn't a press conference because at a press conference the press gets to ask questions. This is the first time Trump has appeared in the press room at the podium. This was nothing less than a malignant narcissist in need of attention and focus on himself. He just couldn't take it that Nancy Pelosi got all the attention this afternoon with all the newly sworn in Democratic House of Representatives. This is the first time in Trump's presidency that he's going to be getting some serious resistance because he doesn't control the House anymore.

He had the burning need to get out in front of the cameras to feed his ego. The three Matt Whitaker doppelgangers behind him were border guards I assume, I didn't watch it all. He bragged about all the emails and tweets in support of his wall. Donald Trump has made a fatal error, he has made himself the wall. He's hostage to the problem he created. He hung his presidency on this one thing, the wall.

He's not backing down and he'll keep the government shut down and that's going to seriously hurt him in 2020.

Trump just posted this on Instagram. But what was that thing he did in the press room? It wasn't a press conference because at a press conference the press gets to ask questions. This is the first time Trump has appeared in the press room at the podium. This was nothing less than a malignant narcissist in need of attention and focus on himself. He just couldn't take it that Nancy Pelosi got all the attention this afternoon with all the newly sworn in Democratic House of Representatives. This is the first time in Trump's presidency that he's going to be getting some serious resistance because he doesn't control the House anymore.

He had the burning need to get out in front of the cameras to feed his ego. The three Matt Whitaker doppelgangers behind him were Border Guards I assume, I didn't watch it all. He bragged about all the emails and tweets in support of his wall. Donald Trump has made a fatal error, he has made himself the wall. He's hostage to the problem he created. He hung his presidency on this one thing, the wall.

He's not backing down and he'll keep the government shut down and that's going to seriously hurt him in 2020.

The pathological liar, pathologically lying with the first words out of his mouth sort of throws cold water on his own half baked, thrown together non-event event speaking to a bare crowd of WH reporters hastily gathered on the fly. Trump: "This has been planned for a long time". Just hysterical...the very essence of the pathological liar, lying for no real purpose or reason but just because the first thing that pops into his head is ....a LIE!

Both sides are putting a ridiculous amount of importance on whether or not the Wall gets built. In the end a wall isn’t going to make much of a positive OR negative impact on the country. Both sides should be wanting to trade it for something that actually matters rather than shutting down the government over it.

Last edited:

He had the burning need to get out in front of the cameras to feed his ego. The three Matt Whitaker doppelgangers behind him were border guards I assume, I didn't watch it all. He bragged about all the emails and tweets in support of his wall. Donald Trump has made a fatal error, he has made himself the wall. He's hostage to the problem he created. He hung his presidency on this one thing, the wall.

It wasn't a press conference. It was a press briefing. They got briefed.

It is possible to despise Trump and still want "The Wall".
...because once it is built, it will stay, and it was one of Trump's biggest campaign promises.

OK, now that i said that, it was not Trump who dug in his heels. He was willing to compromise or ignore it.
It was the Freedom Caucus and others who told him..."What the hell are you doing"!
That is the only reason he is digging in his heels now.
The guy is completely insecure and NEEDS people to get behind him.

Both sides are putting a ridiculous amount of importance on whether or not the Wall gets built. In the end it a wall isn’t going to make much of a positive OR negative impact on the country. Both sides should be wanting to trade it for something that actually matters rather than shutting down the government over it.

Democrats tried that a year ago. Offered them much more than the $5 billion Trump wants this time. The far right wing in the House put the kibosh on it that time. This time that wing is muzzled -- as far as official power goes.

So perhaps Democrats will give it another go. I bet they're prioritizing their wish list items to see how much they can get from Trump if they toss him a few billion for the wall.

The problem was created by Democrats who refuse to clamp down on the border. If Democrats were serious about this, we wouldn't need a wall.

Democrats tried that a year ago. Offered them much more than the $5 billion Trump wants this time. The far right wing in the House put the kibosh on it that time. This time that wing is muzzled -- as far as official power goes.

So perhaps Democrats will give it another go. I bet they're prioritizing their wish list items to see how much they can get from Trump if they toss him a few billion for the wall.

...and that is how politics works.
Give a little and get a little.
You are so right.

Both sides are putting a ridiculous amount of importance on whether or not the Wall gets built. In the end it a wall isn’t going to make much of a positive OR negative impact on the country. Both sides should be wanting to trade it for something that actually matters rather than shutting down the government over it.

NOPE....this has gone too far now. For Trump to have expended this much effort for this stupid Wall without once having put together a proposal to Congress for what he actually wants, to have now danced all over the map from where he was in his campaign to where he is today confusing his own party beyond belief in the process means his Wall has ground to a halt. Nobody is going to trade with Donald because nobody will believe him any longer. He has thrown his own party under the bus, his own Senate Majority Leader under the bus, his own former COS under the bus, his own VP under the bus and Lindsey Graham under the bus over this nonsense. Do you actually think any Dem is stupid enough to negotiate with Donald under these circumstances?

Donald is now having trouble negotiating with Donald! The left side of his brain must have to argue with the right side to pull off this feat of mental gymnastics.

Good point, though I think that legislation passed the House but was shot down by the Senate. It gave something like $20B in exchange for DACA protections.

Good point, though I think that legislation passed the House but was shot down by the Senate. It gave something like $20B in exchange for DACA protections.

The one I'm thinking of was a bipartisan Senate plan that Trump was tickled pink about. Then the Freedom Caucus made sure to get themselves included in the big meeting so they could be the voice in Trump's ear and then we got our ****hole countries episode and no more talk about bipartisan deals, at least not on DACA and the wall.

It wasn't a press conference. It was a press briefing. They got briefed.

Nah... they and the entire country got what it has got from day one with this unfit crass hateful narcissistic mental case.... SCREWED.

All Trump had to do was sign a bill that gave protection to DREAMers. He refused. That's all he has to do right now, to agree to extend protections under DACA.

It's logical. These DREAMers are upstanding citizens, they have to be. They are possibly model citizens since they have to abide by a very strict criteria. They can't have any legal troubles with law enforcement. They have to attend school and when finished with school they have to hold a job. They pay taxes but they aren't eligible to receive any of the benefits of every taxpayer in the U.S., they can't collect unemployment, they aren't going to be eligible for Medicare or Social Security. In other words, they are law-abiding, hard working, responsible adults. What more can we expect of anyone living in the U.S. than that?

If the Republicans agreed to a bill protecting the DREAMers and opening up a pathway for citizenship for them, Trump would get the 5 billion for his wall in an instant. There's no doubt about that.

Trump was sent to town in part to burn down the administrative state, every day that the government stays partly closed is a day towards success of the mission, something that the FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA! need to keep in mind as they refuse to negotiate and play fair.

**** 2020, I said way back in 2015 that he was only interested in one term anyways.

Both sides are putting a ridiculous amount of importance on whether or not the Wall gets built. In the end a wall isn’t going to make much of a positive OR negative impact on the country. Both sides should be wanting to trade it for something that actually matters rather than shutting down the government over it.

Didn't the Dems offer full funding in exchange for DACA way back? This isn't a "both sides" issue. It's a problem of the GOP yet again taking hostages and issuing demands.

Didn't the Dems offer full funding in exchange for DACA way back? This isn't a "both sides" issue. It's a problem of the GOP yet again taking hostages and issuing demands.

Yes they did. The House passed it but the Senate squashed it.

Trump was sent to town in part to burn down the administrative state, every day that the government stays partly closed is a day towards success of the mission, something that the FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA! need to keep in mind as they refuse to negotiate and play fair.

**** 2020, I said way back in 2015 that he was only interested in one term anyways.

You seem to think that 'burning down the administrative state' is a good thing, that's how brainwashed you are. The original term coined by Steve Bannon is; "deconstruction of the administrative state". What that meant is that the Republicans planned too, among other things, rescind regulates on fossil fuel emissions from energy plants. His plan also withdrew a moratorium on coal mining on US lands. More broadly, it urged federal agencies to "appropriately suspend, revise, or rescind those that unduly burden the development of domestic energy resources." In other words, he gave a green light to those specific companies that are owned by his billionaire buddies, those specific companies that will destroy the ecology for profit.

Deconstruction of the administrate state made each and every one of us a customer, not a citizen. The creation of an executive office dedicated to applying private sector standards to government. The "White House Office of American Innovation" is run by Trump's son-in-law and trusted adviser, Jared Kushner. "Our hope," Kushner told the Washington Post, "is that we can achieve successes and efficiencies for our customers, who are the citizens."

In a straightforward way, it simply refers to the group of federal agencies tasked with carrying out the executive branch’s constitutional duty to execute the laws passed by Congress. Such agencies have existed for as long as our Republic, of course, but they have multiplied and grown over the centuries. Think of the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Federal Communications Commission, the Food and Drug Administration, or the Environmental Protection Agency, they were empowered by Congress to formulate federal rules and regulations that carry the force of law. These agencies are what Trump has endeavored to destroy or usurp power from.

The only reason he wants a wall is as a physical example of his Presidency. He wants something to show that "he was here and made an impact". This man is in need of emotional support 100% of the time. He is a classic case of a person that has no confidence in himself. Great choice Trump supporters. You really picked the worst of the worst.

You seem to think that 'burning down the administrative state' is a good thing, that's how brainwashed you are. The original term coined by Steve Bannon is; "deconstruction of the administrative state". What that meant is that the Republicans planned too, among other things, rescind regulates on fossil fuel emissions from energy plants. His plan also withdrew a moratorium on coal mining on US lands. More broadly, it urged federal agencies to "appropriately suspend, revise, or rescind those that unduly burden the development of domestic energy resources." In other words, he gave a green light to those specific companies that are owned by his billionaire buddies, those specific companies that will destroy the ecology for profit.

Deconstruction of the administrate state made each and every one of us a customer, not a citizen. The creation of an executive office dedicated to applying private sector standards to government. The "White House Office of American Innovation" is run by Trump's son-in-law and trusted adviser, Jared Kushner. "Our hope," Kushner told the Washington Post, "is that we can achieve successes and efficiencies for our customers, who are the citizens."

In a straightforward way, it simply refers to the group of federal agencies tasked with carrying out the executive branch’s constitutional duty to execute the laws passed by Congress. Such agencies have existed for as long as our Republic, of course, but they have multiplied and grown over the centuries. Think of the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Federal Communications Commission, the Food and Drug Administration, or the Environmental Protection Agency, they were empowered by Congress to formulate federal rules and regulations that carry the force of law. These agencies are what Trump has endeavored to destroy or usurp power from.
It is a required thing because the government has become abusive and has no interest in being better, I was saying this long before Trump came along, in fact I was saying it long before almost anyone else was. As one of the hyper educated I tend to lead, not follow.

EDIT: Here is me saying it in 2011:
https://able2know.org/topic/181561-1

Last edited:

How to end the shutdown, stop paying Trump's organization for anything until the shutdown is over with the caveat that the House has to agree to any payments for services rendered after the end of the shutdown. Trump refused to pay many of his vendors, the Government should do the same to him if he continues to hold out.

It is a required thing because the government has become abusive and has no interest in being better, I was saying this long before Trump came along, in fact I was saying it long before almost anyone else was. As one of the hyper educated I tend to lead, not follow.

That's not even half-logical thinking. To say that that the government has no interest in being better. What about an administration that just blew up the national debt by TWO-TRILLION DOLLARS in the 2 years he's been in office. Do you, as one of the 'hyper-educated' Trump supporters, feel happy about the fact that your great-grandchildren will be left with this burden?

That's not even half-logical thinking. To say that that the government has no interest in being better. What about an administration that just blew up the national debt by TWO-TRILLION DOLLARS in the 2 years he's been in office. Do you, as one of the 'hyper-educated' Trump supporters, feel happy about the fact that your great-grandchildren will be left with this burden?

We have been robbing the Kids/Grandkids/Unborn for decades because we suck, and we have for some time been headed for a date with global depression as the poorly made global economy dies, so Trump changed nothing with the possible exception of the crash date.

You might also know that I was vocally opposed to the latest tax cut, as I have been opposed to most tax cuts.

That is not the point, the point is to defund our federal government, because if it has no money it has less ability to interfere in our lives, as it has long demanded to do.

I do not approve, but understanding what is going on is critical.

We have been stealing from the kids/grandkids/unborn for a generation, we boomers were never interested in paying our own way, nor do we have any moral problems with conducting generational warfare.

Dont blame that on Trump.

Last edited:
Trump had bragged that as a businessman that he was the 'king of debt' but that he wouldn't do that with our economy. Trump's economic plan is going backwards, but at least all his wealthy business associates got a good slice of the American pie. We got left with the crumbs.

Back
Top Bottom