• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Walking Dead

Grizzly Adams

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
I've been watching this series since the first episode. The first three seasons were great, but then, in my opinion, the series got stuck in a repetitive rut. Each season was struggling to find a person more dangerous and/or crazy than the enemy they faced the season before. It like, I get it, after the fall of civilization to zombies, the most dangerous enemy is Man. Never is any progress made toward an ultimate resolution. As a result, the last couple three years I've been watching mostly out of habit. (Though I will admit an appreciation of Princess and an interest in Eugene's storyline in the second half of this last season.)

But tonight's episode (the season 10 finale) just might have been the best the series has yet offered. It was great, front to back, top to bottom. I expected a slightly different ending but they gotta leave something out there for the final season.

Thoughts?

I watched this show, before the season where the character of Rick Grimes was removed... After that, I lost interest.
Start criticizing this series here... it's been done a hundred times without me.
The only thing that was very annoying:
1) Fat characters that do not fit into the post-apocalypse.
2) The homosexuality of some minor characters. Yes, I am Russian and I am homophobic.
3) Endless grand pianos in the bushes.

However, in general, the film is not bad. A good popcorn movie. Excellent visual, good acting, the evolution of permonages as individuals.

I've been watching this series since the first episode. The first three seasons were great, but then, in my opinion, the series got stuck in a repetitive rut. Each season was struggling to find a person more dangerous and/or crazy than the enemy they faced the season before. It like, I get it, after the fall of civilization to zombies, the most dangerous enemy is Man. Never is any progress made toward an ultimate resolution. As a result, the last couple three years I've been watching mostly out of habit. (Though I will admit an appreciation of Princess and an interest in Eugene's storyline in the second half of this last season.)

But tonight's episode (the season 10 finale) just might have been the best the series has yet offered. It was great, front to back, top to bottom. I expected a slightly different ending but they gotta leave something out there for the final season.

Thoughts?

I gave up when Rick was written out of the show. I began to lose interest earlier when Carl's character was written out, for the central theme of the series was removed, that is, Rick's effort to find his family, and ensure their survival.

Back
Top Bottom